3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Lights in the bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lights in the bumper

I’m getting a new front bumper ordered this week. I think I’ll have some 6” lights mounted in the bumper. If you did primarily street driving and maybe off road at night occasionally which 6” light would you get?
TIA
Old 02-04-2007, 03:18 PM

If i could afford any light it would be these from Baja Designs. They're an 8" light so they probably wouldnt work for you anyway but they're HID. https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/main...&category=CARR. After that it would have to be Lightforce's. These are a 5.6" light so they would work. http://www.central4wd.com/inventoryd...;folder%7C5118. Im currently running IPF's cause ive had them for awhile. If i was buying new lights it would be (and eventually will be) one of those two.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:33 PM

I am looking at these... They are pretty nice.

http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/600hid.html
Old 02-04-2007, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Lightforce are awesome and also the lens is adjustable so you can have it to a point pencil focus or make it wider for looking off to the sides like a wide angle. Another bonus is that you can change the lenses eg. clear, blue, red, yellow depending on what or where your driving. Note that the back of these lights are big and NOT a slim design like other lights. I have a push bar on the front and even with that its close when opening the hood since the grill comes up.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by CrashCade
I am looking at these... They are pretty nice.

http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/600hid.html
Holy crap! I guess I should have said less than $500. Those are almost as much as the bumper I'm buying. The guy I'm buying from is pushing KC Slimlights. I always thought Piaa was good, but $1200 is out of my range.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:01 PM

Those are the HID version of those lights. PIAA does have standard halogen lights available. I believe the LightForce lights are going to be too big for your application though. Check out the PIAA 510 series.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:03 PM

Anybody had any experience with the PIAA 510 lights? Looks like that's what fits in the Road Armor bumper.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:04 PM

In my humble opinion, I wouldn't give you two cents for any Piaa lights, incredibly overpriced with less than a bang for your buck,trying 2-3 different sets in the past I have however upgraded to their bulbs, both in my Dodge and my avalanche in the headlight dept. Although will be converting the Fargo to HID's shortly; but as far as Halogen lighting is concerned, I have and probably always will go back to good old Bosch, I have two sets on my Dodge, 8" Rallyes with 100 watt, and a set of Bosch pilot 160's as fogs, usually if running one set and they are placed relatively easy to get at, I purchase a set of clear driving lenses, and a set of yellow fog lenses, it is about a 3 minute change over for the lenses, and if a person knows the weather conditions are going to change, it is a 5 minute change over that just requires a Phillips screw driver,. I have millions of miles behind me and tried various sets of driving lights ( always been a light freak) and have always returned back to the good old Bosch.......reasonably priced, dependable and good performance in the halogen line of auxiliary lighting.
I have a set of "Roo Lights" on my company truck, a reasonable knock off of Lightforce, although not adjustable lenses, They are ok, I haven't hit a "Roo" yet, but at 150.00 a pop and being in Western Canada I expect they will work... now , if they were "Moo Lights" it may be a different story....

Thanks guys