3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Lift pump died, please help what should I get

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xford
XZILR8N do you have any issues with noise having the raptor directly mounted to the frame?

Thanks fo the help
I used the non-metal standoff spacer to mount pump motor to bracket to clear the brake lines & wiring (very solid). As a side benefit, I think it helps deaden some of the sound transmitted to frame.

Although with that said, I can definetly hear the pump engage when the key is advanced before start. A very reassuring sound though! When it is running I can hear a slight whir if I listen for it. However, I find that a good sound as well. If you are really concerned about ultra-quietness it would'nt be that hard to put some kind of material on both contact sides of the bracket that sandwich the frame. Maybe some type of compressed hard rubber material, not too thick though as you need room to slip the bracket under the existing brake/fuel lines that run inside the frame. By the way, I did have to temporarily take off my skid plate (4 bolts) and ended up mounting pump just behind my 48RE transmission's transfer case. I have a short bed and vacant frame rail space is at a premium! That dang OEM frame fixturing bracket thingy was on my frame and blocked the recommended location. That bracket would be extremely difficult to remove (cut-n-grind) without taking the bed off.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the info, once I get in the mail, I will see how much room I have to slip some kind of rubber in there

Thanks again to all for the help
Old 05-08-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by C Schomer
I used the GDP Walbro but I heard they don't sell them anymore. It's 17 psi and I thought the cap was good for 25 psi. Maybe I better find a billet. A replacement pump is only ~$115 and I carry one under the seat. The GDP required a return line so I did the vent mod while the tank was out. I made my own 2 mic. filter setup ahead of the cp3. I really like that Raptor but I don't regret running the return line - it will keep cooler fuel going thru the pump rather than bypassing internally. Craig
Stock filter cap will hold to +-30lbs, not really sure why Richard stopped dealing with Walbro, mine has been trouble free, purchased a spare from pumpsusa for $107 just the same.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:29 PM

I have the FASS pump without the air crap. It puts out 23 psi and I haven't had any problems with the stock filter cap. Uses the stock return line. Works fine for me.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 AM

Just finshed mk-2 install and raptor 100, both products are great and easy install, had some concern about pump noise, so I cut a inner tube to wrap around the frame and then installed the pump bracket, very quiet and no metal to metal contact to transmit vibration, could not be happier. thanks to all for th info.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cbrahs
just a word of caution when installing a pump that will put out 15+ psi and still going thru the factory filter housing. the plastic caps don't like much more than 15psi and will blow off and leave you stranded again. find a billet cap and you will be fine.
My walbro has been on since 2008 running 21psi. Never a single problem.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:41 PM

Question about the seal, or gasket, on the fuel tank. Where, how much, and how difficult is it to replace? Here is the issue. I have a 48 gallon auxiliary tank in the bed, that gravity feeds my primary tank. Once the primary is full, it starts dumping fuel out of the top of the tank. I located the leak. It is coming from where, what appears to be the lift pump, goes into the tank. As long as the primary tank is not FULL, it doesn't leak. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Baron
Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 PM

I am in the market for a good lift pump and from what I have read, I like the Raptor. My question is which one do I need? I will be running it on my 03 with 70ish injectors and probably a Smarty JR. 100 or 150?
Old 05-15-2011, 02:09 AM

They say that the raptor 100 is good to about 550hp after that you would need a 150