3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

LIFT kits please advise me which one

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here we go again. Kore vs Carli Call Thurenfab and talk to Don about what you expect out of your truck. He will shoot straight and knows his ****. I read in some posts that revtek kit was the best handling of the cheaper kits(something about front axle positioning and coil springs). I found my 6" kit for 1100 OTD I will be installing it this week an update you. It would be on right now but they shipped two drivers side upper control arms. They have been cool about makin it right just asked if they could ship UPS ground. Next day was like 100 buck more. Parts Powdercoated and in nice condition. FWIW Phil
Old 08-24-2009, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ridgetop
Here we go again. Kore vs Carli Call Thurenfab and talk to Don about what you expect out of your truck. He will shoot straight and knows his ****. I read in some posts that revtek kit was the best handling of the cheaper kits(something about front axle positioning and coil springs). I found my 6" kit for 1100 OTD I will be installing it this week an update you. It would be on right now but they shipped two drivers side upper control arms. They have been cool about makin it right just asked if they could ship UPS ground. Next day was like 100 buck more. Parts Powdercoated and in nice condition. FWIW Phil
whick kit did you go with?
Old 08-24-2009, 06:21 PM

6'' Revtek those Topgun Customs seem like a pretty good value too. I think it all comes down to shocks and coil springs being the most important part. Seriously though call Don Thuren @ Thuren fab five minutes of his time will educate guarenteed. He wont push anything you dont want or need and I think his reputation around here speaks for itself. I'm happy to share anything I know with ya FWIW. Phil out
Old 08-24-2009, 06:32 PM

Check out UnrulyNFS's truck and posts he's done some pretty cool stuff and has a silver 3500 like mine Im kinda leanen toward building my truck. Just dont know if I want to go over 37" as I tow 10k+ on a regular basis.Not sure who Im talkin to but anymore but roxj how do you like your Lorenze kit I have heard alot of good things and they seem to run the princible that shocks and springs are where its at. I think a company called Deaver makes the progressive coils used by alot of the high end or should I performance suspension guys. Alot comes into play if you have a heavy bumper,the kind of driving you do, tires, rims,all this designates the spring rates and shock valveing you are going to want. Thats where someone like DT comes in. I dont know mabey Im overcomplicating it. Best of luck whatever you decide.Phil out

Last edited by Ridgetop; 08-24-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: add
Old 08-24-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got a 6" kit for $850 with adjustable upper and lowers from topgun. I have ordered kits from them before without problems. It also has shocks and coils. No spacers in the front. Gonna do 37" tires.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:14 PM

i really like the lorenz kit but i want to go up to a 4 or 6 inch kit. im not willing to spend a few grand on something like the kore or spirson kit so i a m going to go with a box kit and run upgraded reservoir shocks and towers.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Argo
I just got a 6" kit for $850 with adjustable upper and lowers from topgun. I have ordered kits from them before without problems. It also has shocks and coils. No spacers in the front. Gonna do 37" tires.
I would do everyone else that has issues with them a favour and stop dealing with them. I am honestly so sick of them, if they weren't so far away I would drive down there and deal with them face to face. They are one of the worst companies i've EVER dealt with. I got my lift over 10 months ago and i'm STILL missing parts and fighting with them over problems. I've bought from them three times and had hassles THREE times. I figured maybe it was a fluke, but now I know, they don't know how to run a business.

Their "TGC" brand lift is nothing but a Tough Country lift. Heck, many of the stuff has Tough Country on it.....
Old 08-24-2009, 09:47 PM

Im not a suspension expert by no means, but whatever you do I dont recommend a 6" spacer kit and cheap shocks. I know from experience and the ride is horrible. Id for sure recommend a reputable coil and some 5100's. just my 2cents
Old 08-24-2009, 09:57 PM

Their "TGC" brand lift is nothing but a Tough Country lift. Heck, many of the stuff has Tough Country on it.....[/QUOTE]

Tough Country?? As far as I know they only make bumpers and other truck accessories, NOT lift kits.

X2 on revtek!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 PM

They make a better lift kit then Pure performance/Rock krawler, Skyjacker, Superlift, Kore ANY of them in my opinion as i've used them all. I will never put any of these products on my truck again.

Revtek and Fabtech seem to make good lifts to from what I hear.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:52 AM

Oh, I was looking but never found it. You must of meant Tuff Country.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by txarrowhunter
Oh, I was looking but never found it. You must of meant Tuff Country.
O yea
Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by txarrowhunter
Their "TGC" brand lift is nothing but a Tough Country lift. Heck, many of the stuff has Tough Country on it.....
Tough Country?? As far as I know they only make bumpers and other truck accessories, NOT lift kits.

X2 on revtek![/QUOTE]

Tough Country makes kits. Go to thier website, they are posted up right there.

While TGC has great prices, I will not buy a kit from them because of thier lack of customer service. I sent a message on ebay 2 weeks ago. No respones, So I figured ok maybe the ebay messenger didn't work, so I went to thier site and got the email and sent them an email directly about 9 days ago, nothing back. So to me if they don't want to answer my questions, then I will spend my 1500 bucks somewhere else.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:17 PM

Tough Country makes kits. Go to thier website, they are posted up right there.

While TGC has great prices, I will not buy a kit from them because of thier lack of customer service. I sent a message on ebay 2 weeks ago. No respones, So I figured ok maybe the ebay messenger didn't work, so I went to thier site and got the email and sent them an email directly about 9 days ago, nothing back. So to me if they don't want to answer my questions, then I will spend my 1500 bucks somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link for "tough country" lifts?? I'm really having trouble with this. I found "tuff country" lifts.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 PM

My buddy keeps telling me the same thing. He said He has a tough country lift but there's no such thing. I told him its either a tuff country or rough country. But he just argues. O well.

Quick Reply: LIFT kits please advise me which one