3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Levelling kit install, tire recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Levelling kit install, tire recommendations

Just installed a Daystar levelling kit and new shocks, I like it. Had to disconnect the swaybar struts, passenger drag link and driver brake line (just undid the bracket from the suspension for brakelines, didn't open up brake lines) to get the axle down low enough to get springs and levelling kit in, but all in all it was a really easy install. I did disconnect the stabilizer link, but I don't know if that was really necessary, kind of a bear to get bolt lined up again, oh well live and learn. The truck seems to track straight and drive nice, does have a slight pull to the passenger side but that was there before the kit, just slightly amplified. I plan on getting an alignment done after the new tires. All that being said, this was so I could get 35's under her. I currently have ProComp A/T's 33X12.50X17 'D' range and obviously want to go to the 35's. I was thinking of going with the ProComp's in the 35's because I like the way the truck handles with them on it, but not sure how they wear, I've only had the truck 2 1/2 months, I am looking for suggestions???
I'm putting in an AFE torque tube, but UPS shipped to the wrong place, Tuesday they say. Also some mods to the factory air box and ram air from the fog lamp. Still need to get the tubes for that. Will post pics when done.
Carl in AZ.
Attached Thumbnails Levelling kit install, tire recommendations-pict0001.jpg   Levelling kit install, tire recommendations-pict0003.jpg   Levelling kit install, tire recommendations-pict0004.jpg   Levelling kit install, tire recommendations-pict0005.jpg   Levelling kit install, tire recommendations-pict006.jpg  

Old 06-14-2008, 05:03 PM
D45

Looks good, very unique colored Cummins Ram.......I dont think I have ever seens a yellow CTD Ram!

I am very happy with my trucks BFG AT KO in the 315s.........
Old 06-14-2008, 11:12 PM

D45,
They call it Solar Yellow, come to think of it I havn't seen another CTD in that color either, you see alot of R/T's and Rumble Bee's but not CTD's.
How many miles on your BFG's, do they hold up? How do like like the AFE Bladerunner intake, did it give any performance like they claim? I was thinking of one of the CFM intakes and am wondering if any of them are worth the money.
Carl
Old 06-15-2008, 08:57 AM

Soot, can't go wrong with any BFG product. I run 35x12.50 BFG M/T's on my truck and also have the Daystar spacers. My current set has about 45k on it and still have some life left in them. Will be going with the same tire when I need to. Nice truck BTW!!
Old 06-15-2008, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont know but save the little rings that have the studs on it for future lift kits. I am going from a leveling kit to a suspension lift and i tossed or my wife tosed the rings with the studs that the leveling kit takes the place of.... I guess I am going to have to hit up a dealer tomorrow so I can buy some. Was thinking of sticking with the extra 2" lift on there but I dont want to go with a bigger tire or have to buy new springs out back......
Old 06-17-2008, 07:50 PM

Did you have to torque down the springs I am about to do mine and have no directions but was reading online and it said to use coil spring compressors
is this correct I am going t ohave to rent a pair i guess if this is so. also do you slide the spring out from the borrom then put the spacer and put the spring back int oplace. I would assume. I have never does this before as ou can tell I always thought i put the spacer from top bt that would require the shock removal.. Thanks