3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Leveling Kits??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling Kits??

Who makes the best leveling kit? Is it better to go with lorenz coils and bilstein 5100's or just put coil spacers in? Also what extra do you need to install as far as trac bars and extra stuff under the front end? Im looking to lift the front end and want to get rid of the infamous DW!! Im going to replace shocks so any input is great!! Thanks
Old 12-28-2007, 11:29 PM

Depends...are you looking to save some bucks? Go with the spacers. Do you want a truck with an improved ride and better cornering? Go with a leveling kit like Lorenz or Kore etc...

With a leveling kit you could get away with the stock track bar, but an adjustable one like from Thuren will recenter the axle under the truck and tighten things up at the same time (at least from what I've read, don't have one yet) A sector shaft support for your steering couldn't hurt either but not necessary, that will also help tighten things up and help the steering box live longer, especially with bigger tires.

As for DW, well it seems like some stock trucks get it some don't, some lifted trucks get it some don't...... Altering suspension geometry can definetly make it worse, don't think a lift will cure it however, choose your parts wisely and see what others with more experience have to say.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:55 AM

IMO spend the money. People will come on here and tell you spacers are the only way to go, they say things like it's a truck, it's supposed to ride like a truck. If you have DW now and use spacers I think it would get worse, or you may give up DW and come up with a severe wandering issue. There are quality leveling kits out there, all reasonably priced and easy to install and your on road ride should greatly improve. The great thing is, if money is an issue you can get the levelling kit, then later get the Thuren track bar, then later get a new steering stabilizer. I couldn't be happier with the set up I have and I know the guys that run the Lorenz and Carli and Thuren systems will tell you the same thing.

If you search "Levelling kits" or any of the big 4 (Kore, Carli, Lorenz and Thuren) you will get alot of good info.

Hope this helps

Gary
Old 12-30-2007, 07:00 PM

There is a reason that spacers are cheap. You are much better off if you use a replacement spring designed for the amount of lift that you want to achieve. The better amanufactures can also taylor your setup to any other issues, such as larger front bumpers, snow plows, or winches. When I have some more money I am going to talk to Don Thuren about some more parts. I just installed some Carli end links and a Thuren track bar.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:28 PM

I have run 2" spacers for about 3 years now with no issues. If I had the money at the time, I would have went with a full leveling kit. I am looking into getting the Lorenz leveling kit next year so I won't have that raked look anymore. If you can spend the $500 or so dollars, go with the leveling kit.