3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Leveling Kit help....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 01:22 PM
ICL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My problem was that they didn't include the suppliers. They cut them out completely. They used the suppliers to help get the Kore name out there and out of the blue, they put up a online store that would beat every suppliers price.

Hey I am all for the consumer getting a great deal.

However when I bend a track bar I want it fixed right away. I don't want to have to order it over the internet, or try to explain a warranty issue over the phone or the net. I enjoy online purchases, I really like them if they have local service.

There is no local service for Kore issues at this time. Therefore my next purchase will be Carli.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Ace
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see the rationale to your argument at all. How did Kore cut anyone out? These suppliers you speak of are are either selling retail or they are not. If they are, then they are in direct competition with Kore, no explanation necessary. They are free to not supply Kore any longer and compete in that manner if they so choose or not. No skin off anybody's nose. If they are not selling retail, then they should be happy to see Kore selling more any way they can. BTW, who are these suppliers you speak of, anyway?

As far as the service part goes, that's a fairly specious argument as well. This is all bolt-on do-it-yourself stuff. If you're not into the DIY thing you can go to your local 4x4 shop and have them install and service anything you want for whatever you are willing pay on their labor schedule. What's the problem?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:20 PM
ICL

A supplier installs and carries Kore product for 3 years. For 3 years you are promoting and selling Kore product for Dodge trucks. Then without any notice, or warning, you find out you are now in direct competition with your supplier. Kore internet sales do not get sent through the suppliers office, they go through Kore and Kore alone.

A business will not survive if it is competing against its own suppliers.

DIY is fine I have done it on all my trucks and will continue to do so. My trucks work everyday. Downtime for internet sales and service is not a option for me. I need a part for my trucks, I need it now. I can get it with Carli, I cannot get it with Kore anymore.

That there is the problem.

As for the suppliers you want mentioned. Just do a little research on the subject. All the information you are asking for is out there on the net for you to find out who they are.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:23 PM
ICL

By the way, Sweet looking truck there Ace!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Ace
Banned

I think we need to clear up the definition of a "supplier." A supplier is the manufacturing company that makes springs, bushings, castings, stampings, joints, seals, whatever - parts. It sounds to me like you are talking about a "competitor." Does this supplier you speak of actually manufacture the "parts?"

I think the people you are talking about are KORE dealers. If that's the case, then welcome to the wonderful world of capitalism and competition. Maybe the dealer-only thing wasn't all that great of a deal for KORE, or working out well enough he had to expand in other directions. Oh well...

I don't understand what makes KORE parts any harder to get than any other parts, either. If you have this zero downtime requirement for your trucks maybe you shouldn't be modding them with lifts and doing things with them that are liable to break parts.

I love it when somebody comes on here with a controversial comment, then when pressed for facts and can't explain themselves ends up suggesting the other person "do some research."

What I really believe is going on at this point, along with Dodgefan's indignation and lack of response, is some people itching to bash KORE for some reason. I'd just like to find out if it's justified. From what I've seen so far, evidently not.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:31 PM
ICL

Good lord.

Maybe we should simplify things for you a bit.

Your mom makes you cookies to sell to your friends. You make good money for these cookies and are happy with your profits. You and your friends can now go to the arcade and afford to play video games. You are doing so well with your cookie sales is you now start to promote your moms cookies to other kids in your neighborhood. These kids are all enjoying your cookies, and when they get a bad cookie they can come to you and you give them a free cookie in exchange for the bad cookie.

You mom sees you making money with those cookies and decides to sell those cookies from her doorstep at a cheaper cost then you can get them from her for. So one day on your way home from school you see a sign on the door saying cookies for sale. Nobody is coming to you for your cookies anymore when they can buy them from your mom at a cheaper cost. You wish your mom would have discussed this with you, because you would have stopped promoting her cookies to the other kids, but she didn't. She needs that new dress and she thinks arcade games melt your brain anyway.

Unfortunately, you now have lost some of your friends cause you can't afford to buy arcade games anymore, you need to go out and find another mom to make cookies for you, in order to make money for the arcade.

The kids with bad cookies now have to wait 5 days to get a replacement cookie and now are starving to death. They decide to go get a muffin from another mom altogether. They really enjoy these new muffins, and the mom who makes them sets up dealers to help sell more muffins. These dealers also help to replace bad muffins in no time flat. You see potential to make money for the arcade through these muffins and you then become a muffin dealer.

Your mom, although she still makes good cookies has lost a lot of respect from those who now are enjoying muffins. She offers the cookies at a very cheap price because more and more people are buying muffins nowadays.

Now every time you see cookie or mom replace those words with Kore. Every time you see muffin put in Carli.

Like I said before, I have Kore on all the trucks and have no issues. I think it is a solid product. If the end result is the consumer gets a good product at a cheaper price then I am all for it. However they way they treated the dealers leaves a sour taste, as a consumer I have a right to choose.

I still think you should do your own research on this matter. For the benefit of the grey areas within the rules of these forums. I wish to not throw down any of names. However if you spent a little time even researching the history of these products within this forum and others you will find your answers on who these dealers were. Not my job to inform the uninformed.

P.S.
What mods and lifts I do to my equipment is not of your concern
Old 05-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Ace
Banned

So I was right. OK, not gonna waste my time researching why some parts dealers can't compete on their own merit. Maybe if they want to sell KORE they should buy the products outright and resell them. I'm sure there would be some volume discounting available, and there's plenty to be had in the shipping margins as well. But then again, that would cut deep into the consingment and resale markup advantage they now no longer enjoy, wouldn't it?

Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk. Er, I mean cookies...

Guess you're gonna have to work harder for your arcade and video game money like everyone else now.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:59 PM
ICL

Your not right, you are completely missing the point. The "dealers" cannot compete against a supplier in cost. Merit has nothing to do with it. Makes no difference if your talking about car parts or home improvement products , or really any other product that you can imagine under the sun.

There is no volume discount, there is no margins for shipping because nothing is getting shipped to the dealers. There is no territories for sales. NOTHING BUT A WEBSITE! PERIOD! No Consignment, no Mark-up NOTHING!

You want KORE, you buy from the website. Dealers had no choice but to drop the product line. PERIOD! End of discussion.

Kore made the choice to drop its dealers. The dealers that had Kore switched to other suppliers. That was it. Nothing more.

So quit trying to act like some pompous micro economics professor with patches on your elbows and just do a little work for yourself.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 PM

I like the cookie and muffin story!

I get what you're saying, a person can buy Kore cheaper from the manufacturer than through a Kore dealer.

If Kore wanted to be fair they shoulda lowered the prices charged to the dealers so they (the dealers) could sell it at the same price as the manufacturer and still make a profit.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:50 AM

Well it sounds to me like all the products are fairly equal in performance. I don't drive my truck a whole lot anymore now that I have a company car. (Part of the reason I can afford the leveling kit) So basically I am looking for the cheapest way to go. I'm still going to buy the KORE kit regardless of what I just read. I'm going to get the adjustable track bar. Do I need both the longer control arms and a steering box stabilizer? Or one or the other?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:52 AM

This has been interesting reading to say the least. It's always amazing to see how confontational people are when sitting behind the safety of a computer screen. When it comes down to it I personally dont have to jestify my decision on any of my mods to anyone, well, except maybe the wife! lol
Old 05-20-2009, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by jboIND
Well it sounds to me like all the products are fairly equal in performance. I don't drive my truck a whole lot anymore now that I have a company car. (Part of the reason I can afford the leveling kit) So basically I am looking for the cheapest way to go. I'm still going to buy the KORE kit regardless of what I just read. I'm going to get the adjustable track bar. Do I need both the longer control arms and a steering box stabilizer? Or one or the other?
The steering brace is a good idea, especially if you'll be putting bigger tires on, control arms are not really needed with a 2" leveling kit (depending how much you wanna spend), I think most people would advise to get a track bar to re-center the axle first.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 AM

From what I've read it is the business practices of Kore that is the problem not the product.

I hadn't checked (didn't remember their name) with Lorenz but I will thank you for that name.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:34 AM
ICL

Fisherguy is correct You don't really need the control arms. You will want that steering brace, and track bar.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:35 AM

ICL you should teach monkeys to sign or algebra to toddlers or something.

Quick Reply: Leveling Kit help....