3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Leveling Kit help....

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling Kit help....

Well after two years I finally decided to get a leveling kit. I'll be purchasing the KORE kit sometime in the next few weeks. What I want to know is what else do I need to get with it? I've heard some guys say the adjustable track bar and even control arms. Just wondered if you guys could give me a little insight on what all to get or what you think I might need. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Ace
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a minimum, I would say track bar and turn the lower control arm adjusters all the way forward. Longer control arms would be best. That kit comes with dropped spacers for the sway bar, right?
Old 05-17-2009, 01:07 PM

I got the adjustable track bar and a steering box support to keep the front end tight....very happy...
Old 05-18-2009, 08:10 AM

I'd be weary of where KORE is headed right now....
Old 05-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Ace
Banned

I'm "wary" of people who start rumors...
Old 05-19-2009, 04:12 AM

I know there is a big divide between Kore, Carli, and Thuren. I know bob4x4 will be here soon telling everybody that buying Kore is just about like taking the first bite out of the apple.

Here's what I know from not knowing anything. A Kore leveling kit comes with VR coil springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks with their valving and some spacers for the sway bar. Carli is the same kit except for adjustable end links instead of the drop down brackets and their in house valving.

These are the two companies I am looking to purchase from I haven't spent much time looking at Thuren.

The Kore kit is less than half the price of the Carli kit. I can see the end links on the Carli kit costing more than the Kore blocks.

The shocks should be about the same cost there might be a quantity discount that one or the other gets. The valving shim stacks cost can't be much different. Labor should be the same. I have no idea if any of these guys are doing their own springs but my guess is out sourced I believe I've read the leafs are.

I'd like somebody to take the blind fold test and see if they can tell the difference.

Bob4x4 I'm not talking about sky launches and trying to keep up with a Honda motorcycle through the whoops.

I haven't ridden in either one, I have no history with either one, I like Carli's web site better than Kore so I've leaned towards them. I like the price of the Kore stuff so that tends to pull me their way.

What makes Carli stuff over twice as good as Kore on a level kit, on an entry kit?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:19 AM

Kore's springs are sposed to be stiffer I think¿
Old 05-19-2009, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ace
I'm "wary" of people who start rumors...
I'm guessing that was toward my comment. I don't want to see anyone get screwed down the road..

It was a simple flag to do some research, BACK OFF
Old 05-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Ace
Banned

Maybe you ought to "BACK ON" and explain exactly what you are talking about or what you mean by that comment?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:26 AM

Hey Dodgefan

I'm going to be spending some cash on upgraded suspesion. If there's a problem I'd like to know. PM me if you don't think it should be public.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:37 AM

... or why not just air publicly what you think you know and tell where you heard it?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:47 AM
ICL

I have Kore on two of my trucks, combined they have over 360,000 kms without any issues.
Kore annoyed me when they opened a online store without consulting the suppliers who helped Kore build their company. That is enough to assure me that I will never add another Kore product to any of my trucks. Basically they stabbed the best supporters they had in the back for the all mighty dollar. I can't support a business that would condone that type of activity.

I know Carli make a great product and have no problems using them and from what I have seen Thuren will get you the best tuned in ride. Don can get these trucks riding super smooth.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Ace
Banned

I don't see how opening an online store is a bad thing. Everyone sells online these days. What's the problem?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:01 AM

Yeah but I think their price is cheaper than the dalers seliing their stuff.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Ace
Banned

ICL said the problem was with suppliers. I should think they'd be happy to have the potential for increased business with more online exposure.

Quick Reply: Leveling Kit help....