3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Leveling kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No offense but we're talking apples to oranges here for sure. Pucks at $80+shocks, versus front springs at $900. I'm sure they're great, but it's just not the same.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:05 AM

Dang lorenz is expensive!!!! Just going to delay even more stuff!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by onebadrubi

He's competitive. Big trucks, big parts, big price tag
Old 11-28-2007, 02:25 PM

Is it possible to use just his coils, as in substitute a 2in spacer for the longer coil? With out any other mods? Or is switching coils completly different than spacers and would require more mods?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:36 PM

Swapping coils is fine.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:52 PM

What tricks of the trade to install the front springs? Does the trackbar have to be removed?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:04 PM

definatly get new shocks. also sway bar endlinks will bend unless you lengthen them or get drop brackets I have had it happen on 2 trucks.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by JeepManIowa
What tricks of the trade to install the front springs? Does the trackbar have to be removed?

Dropping the track bar will help in getting the axle down far enough to get the spacers or new coils in (install is pretty much the same for both) I read that someone actually used a bottle jack between the frame and axle to get the clearance needed.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by onebadrubi
stlsparky made some good suggestions, new shocks although not a necessity will only be beneficial, and the sway bar links should atleast be dropped to match or replaced with longer units. Lorenz might be a bit pricey but his kit is complete with drop blocks and shocks, or you can upgrade to longer links, and the coils make a difference in ride and handeling that will never be felt with spacers alone.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:32 PM

i was comparing to a spacer kit tho. but if it truely rides that much better it will be worth it. Basically I would like the best ride possible because when the I put bigger tires on the ride will get a little worse. So if I improve the spring quality for a better ride then it should level out. Make sinse? probably not but oh well. lol
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 PM

Lorenz offers coils in 2 rates, 6% and 23% over stock spring rate, the ride in my truck is close to stock (just a bit firmer) with the 6% but has a much more balanced feel and less washy in turns, it handles more predictably, best money I've spent on this truck so far.

What kind of ride are you looking for? Many people think these trucks are too harsh, personally I think they are just unbalanced, the rear has too much of a kick, the front like an suv, too soft for a heavy diesel truck.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by jamesbfishin
Many people think these trucks are too harsh, personally I think they are just unbalanced, the rear has too much of a kick, the front like an suv, too soft for a heavy diesel truck.

I'd say its a bit of both. And to get a good balanced setup you really need a full replacement leaf pack. Even the mini packs are a bit stiff (by design so they can still handle a load).
Old 11-28-2007, 06:02 PM

I love the way my truck rides. I have no complaints to be honest. I know its not a dang caddy but it suprised me when I test drove it and the ride is part the reason I bought it. It rides 10x better then my other truck, 2000 sivlerado rcsb 5.3l, but because of things I did to it for racing. But when I put larger tires i would like to try the best to maintain the best ride possible.

But I will probably be going with the 23% springs cause I woudl like to add a winch and front bumper and try to clear 37"s.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
I'd say its a bit of both. And to get a good balanced setup you really need a full replacement leaf pack. Even the mini packs are a bit stiff (by design so they can still handle a load).

Agree, but one step at a time. Very happy with my truck now (even with stock rear springs) When the warranty runs out on my rig I'll be giving Thuren a call to get some radius arms and coils with about 4" of lift. And the rear springs will go too, probably the dual purpose springs from Lorenz.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
I agree. I will be going w/ the full leaf set up and more upgraded goodies here in a couple of weeks.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit???