3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
View Poll Results: What guages are necessary for a mildly modified 3rd Gen??
EGT Only
13.08%
EGT and Boost
34.58%
EGT, Boost and Fuel Pressure
42.99%
Juice/Attitude provides everything you need
9.35%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Let's Talk Gauges and Necessity

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also plan on installing gauges (not suer if I can do it before X-mas and I told my wife what I wanted and she said she did not like me that much!). I have the same questions as HOSS. This is a great post. From your SIG you have a 6speed which means you probably do not need tranny temp but I have the 4 speed Auto and thought that it might be more important that the fuel pressure as what gauges do is monitor a given temp or pressure. With a fuel pump it is usually there or not there with tranny, boost, and EGT they will change with climate, load, or terrain changes. What do ya think?
What really Pee's me off is my coworker has a tranny temp gauge stock in his 2004 FERD!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Hoss
Edit: Poll added.

Okay folks...I'm all set to go for a set of gauges for my truck. My plan is (or at least was) to get a three gauge set consisting of pyro, boost and fuel pressure gauges.

I'm not asking you to decide for me. I can do that myself. I just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on the necessity of the gauges listed above.

Ready....set....GO!!!

Hey Hoss why dont you ask FORD you know they own Cummins dont ya
Seriously though I like the sweep style gauge just cause at my age the ol eyesight aint so quick to focus. I drove a Juice/attitude equiped 04.5 and found the little green #s from the box to hard to comprehend and found I had to look back at it to see it again (if that makes sense?) Perhaps over time you would get used to it but...