3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

LED taillights from ebay, yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This guy's website http://autolumination.com/ is a pain to wade through but he has the best selection of led bulbs I've found anywhere on the web. He may have half a dozen different styles of led bulb for only one application and there are bulbs for every conceivable application you can think of. Bulbs that direct light in one direction or in all directions... Led bulbs for dome lights or dash lights... Whatever you need it's there. The only led bulbs I didn't get from there were my spiderlite x2 rear "brake, turn, parking" bulbs which came from styling concepts. http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...tfamilyid=1929 My amber 25 diode front turn signal bulbs are in the BIG photo below. I also have 25 diode superwhite backup bulbs in the tails with the spiderlites. The pic on top is what the 5 diode amber "wedge matrix" size 194's in my cab lights look like and they emit light in all directions just like regular bulbs. I've got blue led dome lights that look friggin awesome. Everything looks totally stock until I light em up. I don't have any night pics but they all look cool everyone likes them.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well guys, I got them last wednesday and put them on. Right side fitted perfect, left side was questionable. The round metal tabs didn't want to stay in the guidance holes. So after scoping it for awhile, I realized that the holes on the inner tailgate side of the light were too far away from the mounting holes, so when i would tighten the screws it would pull the housing sideways and away from the outer side. Quick fix, i put 2 nuts on each of the screws from the inside and then used them as a spacer. Tightened it down and it settled very nicely. IMO you get what you pay for, the fitment wasn't exactly flawless, but i still think it was well worth the money. My lights have 2 bright leds built into the sides that illuminate, so side view isn't too blind at all. I'm in Austin for the weekend, so pictures will be posted next week.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PICS. Please.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CReed
PICS. Please.
Ya I know. The anticipation is unbearable. I gotta get my decals etc stripped. It will look much better then.