3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Leather Kit Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the tips. After doing a search and read on this site, I found that most of you guys recommended ALI or Katkinz (spelling?), Since Katkinz were a little out of my price range, I called ALI leather and got a set from them. They were super nice and very helpful. I can not wait to get the kit. After reading, it seems to be that the problem comes with the middle console. The rest of the install process seems like cake, just time consuming. I still have not gotten an answer on how to remove the black plastic part thats within the console. Do you have to remove it or just pull the cloth from around it and tuck the leather back in? This does not seem like a good way because I want the leather to be good and tight. That is what I am worried about. If anyone could give me some guidance on this it would help. Thanks for all of your help.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by BamaTJ
My dealer has leather installed in the trucks if the customer wants it. Cost me 1k, color match is dead on
whats the name of that dealer?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by modiesel
Mindy,

It depends on how nice you want and what kind of quality you want as well. The kit I am looking at is $400 plus shipping. ALI will rin you about $550 and Katkinz will run you close to $1000. Also in the latter two I mentioned you can get two tone.
Wow...thats cheap. Good to know..thanks
Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 AM

I think that it is very reasonable as well. I got the two-tone leather kit from ALI with perforated inserts for $575 shipped to my door. Also, their leather has a foam backing from my understanding that makes this leather more comfortable than factory leather. I am hoping that this will help my seats be more comfortable. If not, then I will try to foam pad install that some talk about on here. Looking forward to getting the kit and installing it soon!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:30 AM

Ok guys, put the leather in this weekend. Boy, was it a job. As you all told me, the console was a beast to do. Now that I know what I am doing it would not take near as long, but their was a learning curve . This kit is super nice. I originally had cloth and was thinking about putting in the extra padding that some have talked about on here, but since I have installed the leather, the seats are so much more comfortable. The back side of the leather actually had about a 1/4 in of foam padding, and that really helped a lot. I am super pleased with the purchase. The two-wone is super sharp and is an exact match with my interior. I will post before and after pictures soon.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where's the pictures..........