3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Last question about sixgun and duration...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last question about sixgun and duration...

Does the sixgun do timing\pressure and duration? Or just timing and pressure. I am trying to get a straight answer, everyone on here seems to think it's a timing\pressure box. When I call banks they say it does all three and tc diesel says it does all the evenly. If you have any info I would gladly accept it. THanks
Old 04-09-2008, 03:40 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Lrdchaos
Does the sixgun do timing\pressure and duration? Or just timing and pressure. I am trying to get a straight answer, everyone on here seems to think it's a timing\pressure box. When I call banks they say it does all three and tc diesel says it does all the evenly. If you have any info I would gladly accept it. THanks
Six - gun is timing and pressure only. I do not know why Banks would tell you otherwise. Its literature that comes with the kit alludes to exactly that.

Misinformation leads to a lack of trust in the consumer... that is part of the reason I ditched my sixgun.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like I said I have talked to 3 different people at banks and tc west at tc diesel and they all say it does all 3. THey say it limits at 24.500 unless it's on speedloader and it ramps up to 26k. Don't know if this is good or bad....
Old 04-09-2008, 04:10 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

What you say about the pressure levels is true. 24.5 is ok most of the time... 26k for other than brief periods can be hard on the stix but still ok... higher causes problems.

I don't have the link off hand, but there is an independent review of different boxes floating around that shows what each does and how it gets there... it explains that sixgun is pressure and timing only too...
Old 04-09-2008, 04:15 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Ok-- not trying to cause you grief here. You asked for an answer I gave you one. The correct one. Maybe you need to question the knowledge and integrity of the folks you are doing business with at TC and especially at Banks...
Below is pasted straight from Banks website on the sixgun... pay attention where it says timing and pressure.

Calibrated for sport/street use, Six-Gun is a fully engineered diesel tuner with an unmatched combination of power, safety and versatility. It delivers pavement-shredding best gains of +105 hp and +258 lb-ft at the rear wheels; has 6 change-on-the-fly power levels; is Stacked for Power® to timing and fuel pressure; and has exclusive AutoRate® and ActiveSafety® engine and transmission safeguards.