3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Kore springs Bilstein shocks????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kore springs Bilstein shocks????

It is time for my truck to need some front end parts, so while I am at it I want to upgrade to better parts. My truck is a 3500 4x4 and I would like it to ride a little smoother and straighter down the road. Right now it pulls to the right a little and only eats up the passenger side tire. I ordered a Thuren track bar already. Right now I have a 1.5" spacer under the springs and might just go to a new set of coils if it will improve the ride. I am between a set of Kore or Superlift 2" springs. Does anyone have any experience with these springs?

I am also going to buy all new Bilstein 5100 shocks. If there is something better in that price range or less I would like to know as well. From what I hear they are pretty good shocks.

Thanks, Bodie
Old 04-08-2009, 09:24 AM

I have the KORE Leveling kit with the Bilstein shocks on my '06, also Bilsteins on the rear. Excellent improvment over the stock suspension. I also installed the Defiant steering support. My track bar is stock. No wear to the right tire, no right side pulling in the steering.

I would do the KORE kit and the Bilsteins again to my next truck, although, I don't see a next truck in my future ant time soon, my '06 is good to go for a long time.

CD
Old 04-08-2009, 10:46 AM
kjp

i have also done the HP leveling kit. Rides much better than stock, you will feel the difference on the first drive.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:39 AM

the super lift springs will not even compare to the kore springs.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Banned

If you go with Thuren or Carli springs, they will ride much smoother on the road then KORE's. But def. go with KORE's over Superlift. There is no comparision there.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

If you go with Thuren or Carli springs, they will ride much smoother on the road then KORE's. But def. go with KORE's over Superlift. There is no comparision there.
And that's the final answer!

--Eric
Old 04-08-2009, 02:38 PM

I have the Kore VR coils and personally, I can't stand the ride. Way too harsh. To the point that it's embarrassing when passengers are riding w/ me.

This weekend I'm swapping them out and putting the stock springs and 2" spacers back in. I might try Lorenz, Carli or Thuren down the road....
Old 04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by efil4ynot
I have the Kore VR coils and personally, I can't stand the ride. Way too harsh. To the point that it's embarrassing when passengers are riding w/ me.

This weekend I'm swapping them out and putting the stock springs and 2" spacers back in. I might try Lorenz, Carli or Thuren down the road....
Just sell them, and get them now.........KORE's are for offroad purposes mainly.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by efil4ynot

Pm sent about the springs.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 PM

I like my Kore lvl kit. Yes it smoother riding but stiffer handling over stock which is nice a lot less body roll. Now I will say some of the stiffness in the ride could be the 5100 has the varible damping disk. I think when you do more street driving it settles and thus catches the piston earlier nearly stopping it per say. But when I going off road and really move the piston the ride on the road afterwords improves a lot for quit awhile.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by MOTONATE
Just sell them, and get them now.........KORE's are for offroad purposes mainly.
OK, I have to admit, they are better off road than stock but my truck doesn't go off road nearly enough to make up for the ride on the road.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Banned

Ok, I just bought efil4ynot's springs. We will see how it goes.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:01 AM

I went from stock springs with a 2" spacer with 5100s, to Kore springs with 5100s. To me it felt like it rode softer with Kore springs, but truck still rides pretty rough on the small stuff. I blame the rough ride on my Toyo MTs, the older they get, the rougher they ride.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:48 PM

Toyo MTs, the older they get, the rougher they ride.
Amen to that just got new meats on and holly cow rides closer to a Caddy. Had Nitto TG
Old 04-09-2009, 03:19 PM

Hmm that't what I was told why mine rides so harsh on smaller bumps they are close to brand new MT toyos.They said the overly stiff 10 ply sidewalls will make it ride like that

Quick Reply: Kore springs Bilstein shocks????