3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

KORE now has competition!!!! A good thing.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy, this thread sure went downhill quick....

And it wasn't me this time....
Old 02-13-2006, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
No intent to flame
Old 02-13-2006, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cowhand
Boy, this thread sure went downhill quick....

And it wasn't me this time....
Man, that was my thought exactly.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:44 AM

Just so I never make the same mistake, where do I find these rules again? I remember reading them before but I dont see it on the site now. Must be overlooking them.

So let me get this right, as a vendor you are allowed to post any information about your product and give dimensions and so forth, as long as you dont add a link to your site or give pricing info? I suppose its a pretty fine line between giving info and "advertising".

His knowledge about suspensions will be missed.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by tristan21
Just so I never make the same mistake, where do I find these rules again? I remember reading them before but I dont see it on the site now. Must be overlooking them.

So let me get this right, as a vendor you are allowed to post any information about your product and give dimensions and so forth, as long as you dont add a link to your site or give pricing info? I suppose its a pretty fine line between giving info and "advertising".

His knowledge about suspensions will be missed.
No sir, as a vendor you are NOT allowed to post info about your products such as pictures and specifications... etc, this would be considered "advertising" ones products on this site.

Paid vendors may post a link to their site but even they are NOT allowed to post prices on this site. Everything can be found in the rules Here

Specifically this is what the rules say; "If you are not a paying advertiser on the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, you may not place advertisements in your signatures or posts for your products or website."

Anytime a vendor talks about his products in an effort to get "the word out on his products" (Direct quote from Lorenz in one of his posts) he is ADVERTISING what he sells. That right is reserved here for the fine people who spend they're hard earned dollars helping to keep this site free for you and me.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you are taking that coment a bit out of context. he said he was keeping his prices with thin margin until word gets out about his product.

He was just talking that was it.

Like I said bottom line if you are vendor you proably should not post here. It will be considered advertsing even if you are just trying to help people.

Someone had asked him directly why he could be cheaper. he answered. I remember.

Now you may consider that advertising but he was just responding to a driect question asked by a member here. I don't belive he was intentionally doing it he just aswered what someone asked him.

Bottom line he did not really read the rules. I know I never read the whole thing. he has been muted/can't post whatever happened. it is over and done.

I think this thread should just be locked or moved to a talk forum. no more tech to be found hear in the last couple pages. Just alot of argument over something that has already happened.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by hognutz
I think you are taking that coment a bit out of context. he said he was keeping his prices with thin margin until word gets out about his product.
Actually I believe you are the one taking things out of context, As I stated earlier..posting pictures of new products, describing in detail product enhancements, development, and details as to why ones own products might be superior to anothers... IS ADVERTISEMENT.

Those posts went FAR beyond answering a few simple questions, I know I have copies of them.

Like I said bottom line if you are vendor you proably should not post here. It will be considered advertsing even if you are just trying to help people.
Untrue many vendors drop in from time to time and post in a manner that is not in violation of the rules. They understand that in business you respect the rules and you act accordingly. I talk with vendors every week who make the same mistake, the only difference is in how they handle the situation.

Most of them freely admit they just didn't realize they were violating the rules and that is the end of it. We end up with out a problem of any kind. Un-fortunately a very small portion of those people choose to throw a stink as though they feel some how I owe them the right to advertise anything they want here for free.

That this is some how a PUBLICLY owned entity and I have no rights as a site owner as to the content of this forum. That is a of course a rediculous notion as DTR is a corporate entity with bills to pay like any other business.

As a matter of fact I had an appointment with our corporate CPA today and he expected to be paid for his efforts as well. This website is a much larger endeavor than many of you realize, we are getting over a million hits a day here with as many as 1300 people on the site at one time.

We have monthly bills to pay just like everybody else and yet we still manage to supply you this site for free. I think that is a heck of an accomplishment considering we all have real jobs too.

We pay Federal taxes, Quarterly taxes, State taxes, phone bills, electric bills, hosting costs for a great deal of bandwith and managed to buy about 10,000 in equipment to keep the place on line this past year and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

The vendors who actually PAID for the right to advertise here, help us to do that, not some guy who complains that we won't let him advertise here for free. So naturally we protect those fine people by not allowing other vendors to get the same benefit for free.

Just trying to help? .....be realistic... being in business, any business cost money and I don't blame a new guy for wanting to get some exposure he needs it. But expecting that person to pay for they're fair share of that exposure, hardly makes me a bad guy.

Someone had asked him directly why he could be cheaper. he answered. I remember.

Now you may consider that advertising but he was just responding to a driect question asked by a member here. I don't belive he was intentionally doing it he just aswered what someone asked him.
I told him that I didn't think it was intentional either but as you saw he did not reply to me and attempt to work it out. A persons actions speak louder than they're words. And as I have pointed out before it WAS advertising.

[Bottom line he did not really read the rules. I know I never read the whole thing. he has been muted/can't post whatever happened. it is over and done.
True but for some reason you can not let it go, you feel the need to champion for someone who created their own problem and for what ever reason chose not to just deal with it straight up so that all of this could have been avoided.

I think this thread should just be locked or moved to a talk forum. no more tech to be found hear in the last couple pages. Just alot of argument over something that has already happened.
I notice that you were the one who felt the need to continue the argument, the person who caused this hasn't cared enough to even communicate with me. Looks like the only people worrying about this stuff are the ones who have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:35 PM

Being in the market for a suspension upgrade, I for one was following this thread like a soap opera and was glad to be enlightened by the information that was being offered. I believe the same results could be had if the rules were followed. If Sean was unaware of the rules, no big deal. Now he is. And as Larry has stated, all Sean needs or needed to do was return contact to Larry. Sounds like a simple "Whoops, didn't know" would have done it. If that would take place, I believe this thread would back on track and the information would be flying again.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by 04 SO CA
Being in the market for a suspension upgrade, I for one was following this thread like a soap opera and was glad to be enlightened by the information that was being offered. I believe the same results could be had if the rules were followed. If Sean was unaware of the rules, no big deal. Now he is. And as Larry has stated, all Sean needs or needed to do was return contact to Larry. Sounds like a simple "Whoops, didn't know" would have done it. If that would take place, I believe this thread would back on track and the information would be flying again.
Thank you, I felt as though I were going in circles and nobody was listening to what I was saying.

This was a "minor problem" that could easily be turned into a "no problem", but for that to happen one needs communication.... nothing more.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:55 PM

so how bought that new competion for kore.

Is defiant actually selling lifts yet.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:57 PM
DPU

Sometimes we let our stubborness get the best of us, and we'd would rather argue than communicate.

-It's unfortunate this was a good thread.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:23 PM

so how bought that new competion for kore.

Is defiant actually selling lifts yet.
Carli can be found under Defiant or at his brand new website right here. The Carli Suspension You have to make sure you type in "the" before carli suspension.

You can also find it at MinoTruck.com
Old 02-14-2006, 04:37 PM

man $800 bones for the towers. to rich for my blood. I guess at least you can buy them though.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:21 PM

It was $800 or $900 for the KORE towers when I asked their value awhile back. Mucho dinero!
Old 02-14-2006, 05:41 PM

yeah it seem like the lorenz towers shine a bit price wise.

Quick Reply: KORE now has competition!!!! A good thing.....