3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

KORE now has competition!!!! A good thing.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by LORENZ
I never put up a price that refered to any one of my products. I don't think you were reading carefully. The "what a good salesman" was a reference to the other boys and thier tacktics when tristan21 spoke to them over the phone. A little narcasistic, if I would've said that about myself don't you think?

95% of what I wrote out, was a direct responce to what one of your members had asked. If you recall, I sat on the side lines for a couple of days waiting for the Questions to work themselves out before I chimed in.

So, your going to replace what was deleted?
If you wish to advertise your products on this site, you can pay for that right just like all the other vendors do.

You would not allow me to come in your shop and carry out a box full of your products with out paying for them. Do not expect me to allow you to do it to me.

I explained all of this to you in a PM last night, if you wished to discuss it I told you to feel free to do so and contact me.. Arguing about it in the forums will not change the simple fact that you are not allowed to advertise your products in the forum.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by hognutz
short story long if you vendor and don't want to give the site money don't post hear I guess.

have a nice day.
Even shorter story..Follow the rules, or leave.

He was told the rules, he thought they were for everyone but him. End of story.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Larry,
I don’t remember Lorenz advertising on his post. I think he was just answering the questions that were directed at him. If you still have the text available to you, maybe you could reread it to confirm if Lorenz was advertising or answering questions.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by onesloryd
Larry,
I don’t remember Lorenz advertising on his post. I think he was just answering the questions that were directed at him. If you still have the text available to you, maybe you could reread it to confirm if Lorenz was advertising or answering questions.
I did, he did and that's how we ended up here.

By the way I should note that I was told about his post by a note from a PAID vendor who did not appreciate him trying to take what he himself pays for. This is simple stuff here guys, I don't think any of you will want to NOT get paid for your hard work.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DirtEater
Hmmm....I wonder if Lorenz might be able to help me with my "slight" KORE problem. I need a little more lift in the front. I ordered some pre-painted ATS fender flares, and I can't install them because the tire will not only rub, but will rip the flare off altogether. So....I've got set of of flame red flares sititng in a box, and they need to be on my truck to help protect the truck form rocks and debris.

Did I just hijack my own thread?
Sounds like a DirtEater problem, not a KORE problem.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by LORENZ
Well guys, It looks like good information will be very hard to come buy over here. The hour or so + I've taken of my own time to spell out what Race quality suspension is all about just got erased.

Good luck getting usefull information from any vendors who don't pay for advertising on DTR. I've seen Magazines accused of this, but a public forum?

I'm a little miffed to say the least.

Please talk to your moderator Lary about this if you don't like what has been done.
Public? Well, not like roads are public. Everyone pays for roads. Who pays for the site?

This site is owned and operated by real people. Do the servers pay for themselves? The software was free? Hardly.

I'm a member here, but MEMBERSHIP IS A PRIVILEGE. I haven't donated a red cent to this site, and they could terminate my membership any time they want to, as is their right. Until I start paying, I OWN NOTHING, and I have no rights whatsoever.

The right to free speech is NOT the right to a website to make your voice heard.

Now, I try to contribute something meaningful to the discussion on these sites, and I hope that the knowledge I've accumulated over the years can be helpful to someone else.

In short, I can only hope to "earn" my membership by doing more good than harm.

Now, if you are a vendor and wish to sell something, then you not exercising your right to speak, but rather buying the chance to be heard. For a vendor, the chance to be heard is part of their efforts to build a business.

For the rest of us, it's just friendly banter. Big difference.

DTR has strict vendor policies. Others seem to be able to follow them, or perhaps you expect special treatment?

Regardless, I know that you have a top-notch reputation that your are in the process of building as you build your business. I've heard nothing but good about you and your stuff.

All you need to do is scrub your posts for possible "advertising" language. No need to get all miffed at the site. You can certainly offer meaningful contribution about suspension design and practice without talking PRICE about YOUR KITS, correct?

jh
Old 02-13-2006, 02:57 PM

Hohn,
Larry has already revoked all of Lorenz posting privlages.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:00 PM

Wow.........
Old 02-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by onesloryd
Hohn,
Larry has already revoked all of Lorenz posting privlages.
Not true, I placed him on mute until he decides to discuss the issue with me in private so we can work to an agreement. I explained all this to him last night in a PM but he ignored it and decided his best alternative was to argue here in the forums, and try to get you guys involved in it.

I would happily discuss the issue with him as I told him I would in yesterdays PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
Sounds like a DirtEater problem, not a KORE problem.
Wuddever Cowboy!
Old 02-13-2006, 03:20 PM

Larry,
I'm not sure what the advertising costs are on DTR, but I'd be happy to donate the 1st $20 towards Lorenz advertising fee. Anyone else? I'd like to do this so we'll have someone who knows what's going on underneath these Dodge's.

From the short time he's been here, he's unloaded some really good info for the use of any of us interested in making these trucks perform better.

We should welcome him, and be glad he's here.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pull U 2
Sure, here's another $20...............
Cool! Someone tell us where to send the check to....please.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Admin Team Leader

Larry,
I'm not sure what the advertising costs are on DTR, but I'd be happy to donate the 1st $20 towards Lorenz advertising fee. Anyone else? I'd like to do this so we'll have someone who knows what's going on underneath these Dodge's.

From the short time he's been here, he's unloaded some really good info for the use of any of us interested in making these trucks perform better.

We should welcome him, and be glad he's here.
I told him I didn't think he was doing it on purpose and that I figured he was a nice guy, BUT his actions after that, prove other wise. All he had to do was reply to me and we could have talked it over, he chose instead to try and create an issue out of it on the forum.

When People make mistakes they say "Woops sorry man I won't let that happen again". and we all move on. No harm no foul.... To try to turn it around and blame me for his actions only proves his original intent was NOT an innocent one.

He clearly stated in one of his posts that "he was just trying to get the word out on his systems"...They call that advertising and every legitimate business man understands that advertising is NOT free.

Even so if he wishes to communicate with me I will be happy to work past the issue with him, I don't harbor a grudge...After all I only want him to conform to the same rules the rest of you do everyday here.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:18 PM

Wuddever Cowboy!
Maybe I should have been clearer:

You posted:
Hmmm....I wonder if Lorenz might be able to help me with my "slight" KORE problem. I need a little more lift in the front. I ordered some pre-painted ATS fender flares, and I can't install them because the tire will not only rub, but will rip the flare off altogether. So....I've got set of of flame red flares sititng in a box, and they need to be on my truck to help protect the truck form rocks and debris.

Did I just hijack my own thread?
Q) Why do you need more lift?
A) Because you selected products which are not compatible if you don't want rubbing

I know it's nitpicking (and I'm sorry, I'm the most obnoxious pedantic person you'll ever meet), but I wanted to stand up for the principle in this case that the BUYER is responsible for his choices, not the SELLER of a product that may or may NOT be compatible with other choices the BUYER has made.

No intent to flame, and I apologize if it came off that way.

Quick Reply: KORE now has competition!!!! A good thing.....