3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

KORE now has competition!!!! A good thing.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aloha
The truck will always want to turn if you let go of the wheel.

Aloha
That's what mine was doing at first, pulling left, and I took it back after a few days, and the installer (that KORE recommended) told me it was pulling left due to the stabilizer and not due to his alignment. He said he let a few lbs of pressure out of it. Huh!

Well, after he let a "few lbs" out is when I noticed the truck tracked straight, but now had a squirelly feel to it, and after a few days of driving...it happened for the first time. My truck launched into death wobble for the first time. And then did it for a 2nd and 3rd time with a couple of days.

I took it back to the installer, and he said he would look at in a few days, but swore he only "let a few lbs out". Right!!!! I took it directly to Fox Shox in El Cajon (forgot the guys name) and he found zero pressure in my stabilizer. He pumped it up to 100psi and no more death wobble. Imagine!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 02:07 PM

Competition is always good for consumers I guess, but I dont have any problems w my KORE chase system or the price I paid for it. Truck rides better than it did stock, looks good, clears the 35's perfectly and was very easy to install. I know I couldve done it ALOT cheaper w/ a leveling kit or even more lift w/ a different company, however, considering the price of the truck, the KORE kit didnt seem to pricey.

Just my 2 cents
Jeff
Old 02-05-2006, 02:15 PM

There isn't much volume open for the Nitrogen in a standard stabilizer cylinder. Dropping the pressure is NOT the correct solution. Running two cylinders is. It's more expensive, but doing things the right way isn't always cheap. AFAIK, Carli will be or is already offering a dual stabilizer system with an integrated differential skid plate. It's built a little more stout than it needs to be, and as far as looks go I'm not a huge fan of the prototype that I saw. What it lacks in beauty is made up for by the simple fact that it works like it should. With a little time and some fine tuning the dual stabilizer system should be a pretty nice little option/upgrade. Anybody that thinks a single cylinder (pressurized) steering stabilizer system will work properly on a street driven daily driver is nuts.

Aloha
Old 02-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Banned

Judging by KORE's price for a single stableizer I'm not looking forward to the price on a double reguardless of who builds it because they are going to take KORE's price into consideration. High $$$$$$$
Old 02-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Banned

Ad removed site violation
Old 02-06-2006, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
email me the picture and I will host it in the thread if you want. All I ask in return is a 50% discount on product if I decide to buy something. ha ha

the__rob@hotmail.com

edrawing

this is a self extracting 3d model of the tower. enjoy.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:07 PM

Sean,
Welcome to DTR. Can you list your phone so I can call you soon?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:53 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by DirtEater
Sean,
Welcome to DTR. Can you list your phone so I can call you soon?
DirtEater I P.M.'d you
Old 02-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Banned

Old 02-07-2006, 08:13 PM

Thanks for taking the time to post Lorenz, the more I can learn the better I will feel about a big purchase. I had questioned the quality of a cheaper system becouse of what I had been told by the kore mfg's. They make it sound as if it cant be done. I am willing to pay more if it is not outsourced to Mexico or china and made and sold right here in tha US which it sounds as if all 3 of you are. Aloha had stated that a person should research the choices and then make a decision and I agree. Therefore I am asking you what benifits you have over the other two choices we are discussing.

I am looking at the Race or Unlimited version and was considering using air bumps instead of bump stops if that gives you any indication of what I think I might want to do with the truck. Im interested in what type longevity I can expect out of the SAW shocks with an occational thrashing, along with lots of heavy bumper pull trailer miles and still have the ability to do a couple sled pulls a year.

I know that is alot to ask out of an off-road shock but thats what I want. On the spring side I had talked to National about the springs and they said that theirs were the best but they could not guarantee that they would hold up to trailer towing with prolonged use. So im wondering if spring sag will be an issue after time with yours as well.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:46 PM

Don’t take the wrong way but National is no were near being the best out there. Actually I would run as far as you can from National. I would talk with Deaver to see if they can do something for you. I know when I tried to get them to do some springs for me about three months ago, as soon as I said it was for a Dodge they said they couldn’t help, but maybe you will have better luck.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:53 PM

I see the nationals on alot of other off-road trucks and was recomended to them by Skyjacker when they couldnt do what i wanted with last truck. I havent ever talked to Deaver so maybe Ill have to call them up some day.

I know a little bit about racecar suspension on dirt modifieds but I never had to jump one of those (except maybe off the turn 2 before they made it a concrete wall) especially with a diesel motor hangin over the front axle so im looking for a little help on the correct setup. These guys are the experts and I like pickin their brain till I get the best setup for my truck and the way i use it.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Banned

Old 02-08-2006, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pics have to be aproved in your gallery or linked from a web page you can't just upload them. if you shoot them to me I can post them again.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:07 PM

That was alot of no non-sensense, plain english, that I can agree with on all levels. I guess I never realized that the springs were this easy to tear up or that they required so much treatment and upkeep on a prerunner style of truck, due to my inexperience with this type of racing.

When questioned my need for bump stops that just confirms what I was hoping not to hear. I have been told this now by two professionals (Kent also told me bumps were too much for a stock truck) and was mostly looking for the extra comfort of knowing that if I hit something to hard it wont hurt when I come down providing I land on all 4. That is the first I have heard of the valve shims. Im assuming this is not installed on your basic set of performance shocks. I would like to know what you think is my best option.

Do you think the stock axles are up to par for this type of system or do I need to install any tube support? I have seen most people eventually install a brace if they do this long enough. Being a daily driver this would be a serious problem to have to remedy after the fact.

Do you think that a set of ladder bars or traction bars would help or hurt in this type of racing with these trucks. Drag racing and sled pulling it would be a tremendous benefit (atleast as I see it with my current setup) but I dont want to create any adverse effects on the trucks factory designed geometry or the ability to multipurpose four wheel this vehicle.

What is your take on new or extended arms like the Kore units and the other companies are using to correct lift? As I have never done any suspension cycling to see what effect this has on the steering and other issues. I had pictured in my mind that as you go up with the truck with taller springs your axle moves back which is the need for a longer arm to correct this situation. Is this one of the reasons you dont offer more lift for the guys just looking for a taller ride?

Thanks again

Quick Reply: KORE now has competition!!!! A good thing.....