3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Kore lifts

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thuren or Carli...Thuren is my man!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned

First off.....I was never here to get back into this discussion. I simply anwsered a question on KORE prices. Then someone had to chime in and pretty much say DONT BUY KORE. I will never a kit that is more than 4k. I just dont drive my truck that hard.

Second is that I never said customer service wasnt important. I simply said it shouldnt be MOST important. If you shocks are leaking for some reason, call up FOX them selves and ask them to rebuild them, since they warranty them.

Also if you have a problem with a kit, go to the distributor you purchased the kit from, and ask them what the deal is. That is the reason why they carry the product. They should be able to anwser your question. DRC, Hughes, Desertproven. They all know their products, and if you have a question, or dislike it.....ask them. Not KORE.

I have never been one to ever bash anyones product, nor will I. I think its chilidish and rude. Nobody has ran a Carli or a Lorenz long enough, nor has there been as many kits sold as the KORE kit. So of course your not gonna see anyone bash them. Im sure down the line you will find some people.

This is my last f*$@&* post about this subject. I simply put up a number, and then all hell broke lose.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:20 PM

Thuren or Carli...Thuren is my man!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by MOTONATE
First off.....I was never here to get back into this discussion. I simply anwsered a question on KORE prices. Then someone had to chime in and pretty much say DONT BUY KORE. I will never a kit that is more than 4k. I just dont drive my truck that hard.

I have never been one to ever bash anyones product, nor will I. I think its chilidish and rude. Nobody has ran a Carli or a Lorenz long enough, nor has there been as many kits sold as the KORE kit. So of course your not gonna see anyone bash them. Im sure down the line you will find some people.

This is my last f*$@&* post about this subject. I simply put up a number, and then all hell broke lose.

I was going to stay out of this one.................but there are many who have had the Carli and Lorenze plenty long enough to know and make their recomendations There are also some who have run multiple brands and have made their choices.It looks funny to have someone come on here who doesn't have any system or probably ridden in or worked on to make recommendations.
This may or may not be my last post on this subject

Bob
Old 08-23-2007, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 3592788
So what lift made by who is the best bang for the buck, and how much
I was not going to join in either, but....

What do you plan on doing with your truck?
Type of roads, or lack there of?
Go for some rides with others.
These question should help determine what you buy. You may of already made that decision. If so your original question as to prices, just give a Kore Distributor a call.

Many of the other manufactures have their prices clearly marked on their web sites. So pricing is not that hard to find out.
Install can be at home or have someone do it. Cost for that will depend on what system you buy. The amount of components to install. But in general they all should cost the same to put in. Save control arm work and such with some of the systems.

Just some random thoughts.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't know that I'd take the position that 2.5" shocks aren't needed on these trucks.

I'm more of the mind that 2.5" is the minimum you want. The reason isn't so much for impact absorption. After all, you have these massive springs and you only need impact absorption when you thrash the truck hard.

But those same massive springs also will have wicked rebound, and it takes a LOT of damping to control those beefy springs. To generate a lot of damping puts a lot of heat into the shock, and to handle that heat you want the most oil capacity you can get. That means a larger shock like a 2.5 or 3" shock.

In cases where you are more "oversprung" (like with the factory leaf packs) you'd probably want a 3" or as big as you can fit back there. Up front, a 2.5" is probably as good.

JMO
Old 08-23-2007, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have Kore Chase system. Expensive, yes. You get what you pay for. High quality for sure. Installed it myself. No problems in 20k miles. I can't see what type of "problem" you'd have anyway...

unless it was installed wrong...

I agree that Thuren is very good, never heard a bad word. that always counts to me...
Old 08-23-2007, 05:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
on some test they say the others ride better than kore well kore was made for one thing and that is the toughest conditions out thier and they stand up to unreal abuse now that type of ride may not be what some are looking for so for the rest use what you want
Old 08-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by motrapper
on some test they say the others ride better than kore well kore was made for one thing and that is the toughest conditions out thier and they stand up to unreal abuse now that type of ride may not be what some are looking for so for the rest use what you want
what system do you use???
Old 08-23-2007, 09:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Good post, Marek.

As has been said: different horses for different courses...
Old 08-24-2007, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Marek Robinson
I'll digress from suspension for a moment and go back to the everlasting EDGE vs. BANKS battle. I bought an Edge product. It did everything they said it was going to do (maybe, but I never dynoed it), but I didn't like it. Does it make it a bad product? Does it make it worth bashing it every chance I get? Hardly. It just wasn't right for me. I then spent my money on a Banks product. It might actually do less than they claim. I don't know. I never dynoed it either. I can say that it provides a little less power than the Edge (from a seat of the pants feel), but I "like" it more. IMHO it provides a smoother power curve and I "like" it more. Does that make it better? I don't know. It makes it better for me. At the end of the day, that's all that really matters. Did I get the product that I want.
Excellent point, exactly what I was trying to convey.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:50 AM

Thuren Fabrication

I just Installed Don Thurens 3-RD Gen Kit with the King Res Shocks, And Fox Steering stabilizer , along with his Trac Bar. And All I can say is its unreal, A whole new driving experince. The Daily Driving Feel is un-real , its so cush Floats over Pot Holes-Zero Bump steer, And feels solid in the Corners No more Slopp feel when cornering, nice and Tight Rides So Nice. I got about 3.25 Lift in the Front and Just over an inch in the back, added His Mini Pac to the rear Leafs. Running 17" By 8" Wheels with 35-12:50 Extreme all-Terrains ( Pro-Comps )

This One is a keeper!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by 3592788
So what lift made by who is the best bang for the buck, and how much
Reviewing the data from the "Comparsion Shootout", the kore truck had the distinct advantage running the 2.0 fox system $2500+ vs Carli truck entry level Bilstein 5100 system $1375 vs Lorenz truck entry level Bilstein 5100 system $1085. The kore trucks system cost about twice the Bilstein systems and came in 3rd place. The best bang for the buck looks like the Bilstein systems.

And since it was mentioned jtnm's comparsion

Last edited by jtnm; 08-24-2007 at 09:20 AM. Reason: learn how to spell
Old 08-24-2007, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by jtnm
Reviewing the data from the "Comparsion Shootout", the kore truck had the distinct advantage running the 2.0 fox system $2500+ vs Carli truck entry level Bilstein 5100 system $1375 vs Lorenz truck entry level Bilstein 5100 system $1085. The kore trucks system cost about twice the Bilstein systems and came in 3rd place. The best bang for the buck looks like the Bilstein systems.

And since it was mentioned jtnm's comparsion

Your pretty much comparing shocks NOT suspension with that budget retard suspension test.

There is a BIG difference between a set of $55 Bilstien 5100 and the Fox shox.

In fact there really isnt much difference between all 4 of the race suspension companies, with the exception of which brand shocks, and what valving.

I bet a Fabtech with 2.0 DL's perform's better then all 3 chepo systems the race companies offer all because its a better shock. Dont all 3 companies get their springs from the same place???

How can you compare a $55 Bilstien to a Fox shox????? you cant... this test is bogus.....

Someone probably didnt want to get a bad review by going head to head using the race or near race system"s and went with a more solid bet putting $55 Bilstiens vs $200 Fox
Old 08-24-2007, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by SlowSixSpeed
Dude your pretty much comparing shocks NOT suspension with that budget retard suspension test.

There is a BIG difference between a set of $55 Bilstien 5100 and the Fox shox.

In fact there really isnt much difference between all of them when comparing theie cheapest bottom of the line system.

I bet a Fabtech with 2.0 DL's perform's better then all 3 chepo systems the race companies offer all because its a better shock. Dont all 3 companies get their springs from the same place???

Dude,

You pretty much just stuck your foot in your mouth...

As for the KORE, I think they make a great product (with the exception of the VR spring, which I have my own opinions on). Do I think there are others who make a better product? Yes, but that's just an opinion. Do I think their stuff is overpriced? Yes, but again, just an opinion. Those full page ads cost alot of money.
My issues with KORE have more to do with the way the owner and his followers have dealt with competitors and anybody else that doesn't think his product is the best there is. But that point has been

Quick Reply: Kore lifts