3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Kore lifts

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kore lifts

Does any one or anybody know how much the Kore recon or chase suspension systems cost for my 2003 diesel 4x4 thank you
Old 08-21-2007, 09:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
on my 07 4x4 it was 1600.00 and in my opinion well worth it that was for the Recon kit
Old 08-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

CHASE= about $2400
Old 08-22-2007, 06:12 PM

Way too much.....you'll get way more bang for your buck from Carli or Thuren.

If you don't believe me, do a search on bob4X4's posts, you can see what he thinks of KORE vs what he runs now.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:36 PM

Also check out the Lorenz kits. Sean is great to deal with and has some very competitive prices.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Banned

So what lift made by who is the best bang for the buck, and how much
Old 08-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Banned

It all depends..........Im not here to debate like everyone else does. KORE is the most proven/tested kit out there. If you dont think so, just check out there website. www.koreperformance.com
Carli is relatively the same. Prices are close, but there is no kit that is like the CHASE system from KORE. Lorenz has good prices, but am skeptical about a few things. I personally like the warranty'd (spl) FOX shocks.
I understand why people like the 2.5 Kings, but who really wheels their truck that much, to actually use them to their potential? I say do your research, think long and hard about how much your gonna drive offroad at high speeds, and how big is your bankroll(sorry...big card player) is for a suspension kit.
You pretty much might have sparked another big debate about these kits, but I have ridden in KORE trucks in all types of terrain, and have never seen, nor had a problem with those trucks. I can also say that NO I have not been in a truck with Lorenz or Carli suspension. I havent read to many bad things about these kits, but its only because they havent been around nearly as long as KORE has.

Good luck either way with whatever you chose. I think ya'll know who i like.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:07 AM
Banned

Well thank you for your input, and i think Kore is on there way to winning my vote also. Thanks
Old 08-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Banned

You might see people complain about KORE b/c of the lack their of customer service. Let me take that back.......not the lack their of, but how it wasnt as good as Carli or Thuren. I dont understand why that bothers people so much? do your research, then once you have an idea, go out and ask 2 or 3 questions then buy the kit if you are still satisfied with it. I would never change my mind on a product b/c of customer service. Maybe I wouldnt want to deal wiht that specific person each and every time, but jeez.......how many times you going back?
Its going to be intresting to see when I get my KORE chase kit, with my TOYO's and my BANKS 6-gun kit. All I hear is people hating on all three, YET they are still the BEST in the business as far as sales. Cant wait to post my thoughts on all. And I SWEAR I will be honest on all products. I am not affraid to say I was wrong, If I didnt like that product.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by MOTONATE
You might see people complain about KORE b/c of the lack their of customer service. Let me take that back.......not the lack their of, but how it wasnt as good as Carli or Thuren. I dont understand why that bothers people so much? do your research, then once you have an idea, go out and ask 2 or 3 questions then buy the kit if you are still satisfied with it. I would never change my mind on a product b/c of customer service. Maybe I wouldnt want to deal wiht that specific person each and every time, but jeez.......how many times you going back?
Its going to be intresting to see when I get my KORE chase kit, with my TOYO's and my BANKS 6-gun kit. All I hear is people hating on all three, YET they are still the BEST in the business as far as sales. Cant wait to post my thoughts on all. And I SWEAR I will be honest on all products. I am not affraid to say I was wrong, If I didnt like that product.

The Ford Super Duty is still the number 1 selling diesel truck.

BTW- I used to have a Kore kit. It was nice, but I thought it was a little pricey for what they give you. In the beginning they did a brilliant marketing job in creating hype and ultra high end appeal. It's only when you dig a little deeper that you can get past the marketing, same with Banks.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:51 AM

I just recently did all the research and comparison shopping on these lifts. I spent days reading here, the TDR, CumminsForum, Pirate4x4, etc. and in the end my choice was between Carli and Lorenz. Best bang for the buck in my price range was the Lorenz 2.25 Swayaway kit. I sent an e-mail to Sean with some of my questions and he got right back to me with all the info I needed. I ordered it last week, and now have to guy buy an 07 truck to put it on

There was a long thread on the TDR by member jtnm (he is here too I think) that was basically a direct comparison between KORE and Lorenz on his work truck. Basically, he had a KORE race system and had nothing but problems, and eventually changed it out to a Lorenz 2.5 system and he said it was way better. He then installed a Lorenz 2.25 kit on a new truck and says it is nearly as good as the 2.5 kit. That sold me. I am already running some 2.25 swayaway shocks on my 03 truck and am very impressed, so I am confident the 2.25 kit I ordered is going to be awesome.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:07 AM

This is a thread that recently put these 3 systems (sorry Thuren) to a comparison. It was intentionally crafted to be a COMPARISON and not a SHOOTOUT. Each of the systems has its own place and area of expertise- all three are LIGHTYEARS better than the stock suspension.
The thread:
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ion+comparison

Pretty much to sum it up, if you drive hard and fast offroad then you will probably want the KORE system as it will resist bottoming out better than the others- but it WILL bottom out. If you want awesome offroad capabilities but want a great highway ride too, then go with Carli/Lorenz.

KORE is GREAT and has the Chase system that can get you into a reservoir shock without replacing the shock towers. They also have those wicked Hybrid Control Arms.
Carli is great because you can get into a starter system and continually upgrade it with aluminum towers, (they also offer a strut tower brace, front skid plate, steering box brace, etc). They also run just a little cheaper than KORE.
Lorenz is great because you can outfit your truck with a bad *** system without all the expensive aluminum and get it for a hell of a lot cheaper than the rest with NO QUALITY SPARED. You also buy directly from him, no middleman/distributor network.

Im tired of seeing this ongoing fued between the TWO factions- its childish and soooo pointless. We now have a tool for gauging which suspension might be suitable for your driving type and that is the thread mentioned above. Other than that, if you want to know how one of these setups rides try asking someone locally with the suspension system you are looking at for a ride.

BTW, JTNM's post about his KORE/Lorenz fiasco should be required reading before joining these discussions.

Hope I don't sound like an *** or armchair commando, just trying to open some closed eyes around here. Have fun and good luck with any kit you choose.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Muted User

There are always going to be people who don't like one product for one reason or another. You simply can't avoid it. In this world, there is no way that any company can completely satisfy all customers.

Personally, I like KORE products a lot. I run them on my truck and have for many years. I've not had a single problem.

Everyone talks about them being expensive, but I bet if you ask KORE, or their distributors, you'll find that things are not as they may appear. Find out exactly what is included in the KORE systems and then compare pricing to the other imitators and do the math. I bet you would be surprised.

There are plenty of "opinions" on this board, and there are clearly several people on this board who either don't like KORE or have had a bad experience. They make it clear any chance they get.

It is the same with Edge and Banks. Well, I can tell you that I've personally run both and I prefer Banks. Edge was definitely more powerful. Banks is more expensive. There's no doubt about that. However, the Edge product smoked like a chimeny no matter what I did. The Banks product, while not quite as powerful, hardly smokes at all unless I really try, and the power comes on much more smoothly. Yet, I'm sure someone is going to bash me for even mentioning Banks as a viable option.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:07 PM

Bottom line is, you either buy the hype, or you do your own homework.

KORE and Banks is more hype than anything else. I've ridden in or driven truck with systems from all 4 fabricators, and talked to even more folks that have run the different systems. I've personally seen several entire systems lying on the shop floor because they didn't work as advertised, and were replaced with something that did.

MOTONATE, if customer service doesn't matter to you, then best of luck with that. Sucks to spend 8-10K on a suspension system and then when there's a problem, all you get is "sorry pal, you're on your own".

Funny thing is, you see lots of folks bashing KORE, several of which have owned KORE products in the past, but nobody ever bashes Carli or Thuren.....ever wonder why?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:00 PM

Try a SEARCH

Do you really think your the first person ever to ask your question.

There is hundreds upon hundred of KORE vs ? threads here

Quick Reply: Kore lifts