3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
View Poll Results: Leveling Kit and adjustable track bar
Running a stock track bar
41.38%
Running an adjustable track bar
58.62%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Kore leveling kit and track bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm doing it myself. I just want my axle centered up after it's level. It would drive me crazy if it wasn't.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:11 PM

I got the thuren trackbar just in case....Sean Lorenz said it's not needed, but that it's a noticable difference...
Old 03-22-2008, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
I'm doing it myself. I just want my axle centered up after it's level. It would drive me crazy if it wasn't.
then it seems like a decision between the new bushings for around $100, or an adjustable track bar for around $350- maybe someone who has the lazarsmith bushings can let you know how they like them.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:03 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I installed the Thuren bar after running my Lorenz 2.25 kit for quite awhile. Difference in driving was unnoticible. Cosmetically it looks better. Sean zinc coats his for durability.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:34 AM

With my Kore lvl kit I can't tell any differance visually. I know if I was to do any more the 3" I would change out track bar for sure.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A half-inch of axle offset isn't real obvious on our big trucks w/o looking for it; but just a leveling kit changes the geometry enough so the tires rub on one set of control arms before the other.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
A half-inch of axle offset isn't real obvious on our big trucks w/o looking for it; but just a leveling kit changes the geometry enough so the tires rub on one set of control arms before the other.
this is true, i have hardcore rubbing on my passenger side compared to my drivers side
Old 03-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned

Basically, not getting a adjustable trac bar after raising the front ends. The only thing you may feel is bump steer when hitting something head on.

W/ the adjustable trac bar. You will eliminate most bump steer and a little better/stable cornering or tightness in steering your truck.

So, yes it's not needed to replace the stocker w/ an adjustable trac bar. It is a good idea if your going to drop money on a Carli/KORE/Lorenz/Thuren Suspension (level kit to grand daddy top of the line kit). To get the whole front end done.

It's like putting a 100 hp tuner on your stock truck. It's not needed for a aux lift pump to help out the stocker, but eventually the stocker will go out. Just like the stock trac bar bushing. You will eventually need to address the trac bar.

Building a suspension is just like building HP. Something always needs to be replaced to support another part/component upgrade.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-22-2008, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by firemansdiesel

W/ the adjustable trac bar. You will eliminate most bump steer and a little better/stable cornering or tightness in steering your truck.
absolutely true....
Old 03-22-2008, 08:18 PM

I'd like to have a 6" lift on there some day so I'm gonna go with the adj track bar, thanks for the comments.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
Yep! I just ordered my Thuren adj track bar from Defiant, those guys are great Thanks Paul!

Like dieseljunky said it would drive me nuts knowing that my axle was offcenter so I figured I'd do it right. I thought about the offset bushings but it looked like they would wear out quick being offcenter from the get go, plus I like having the adustability for future projects.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by megaboom
this is true, i have hardcore rubbing on my passenger side compared to my drivers side
I know you can't stand the suspense waiting for the Brown Truck!

Kore leveling kit and track bar-dsc00510-large-.jpg

Now you'll have something to keep polished underneath the truck!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by lniemeyer2
I thought about the offset bushings but it looked like they would wear out quick being offcenter from the get go, plus I like having the adustability for future projects.
We dropped one of the 1st trackbars to have our zero deflection bushings installed over the weekend to inspect them.... no wear - looked like they were just pressed in.

Even if the pre-lubed insert does eventually wear (which is doubtful, since it's designed for high load @ high RPM - which the trackbar isn't subjected to), you can replace it in a few minutes w/o even removing the trackbar from the truck.

BTW - the hybrid bushing's core is readily removed and re-installed to change the trackbar's effective length.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:14 PM

$95 seems a little rich for pair of machined nylon bushings with a bronze bushing pressed in. No?
Old 03-24-2008, 01:01 PM

No - not when you do the math.

HD polymer bearing shells with power transmission-grade thermoplastic cores and pre-lubed inserts, with 304SS shims for the OEM trackbar brackets.

So, 2 shells + 2 cores + 2 inserts + 2 (or 4 depending on application) shims + shop time to machine to length, ID & OD and to press the parts together... plus the cost of packaging and shipping with tracking & insurance - all for the price listed, out of which the credit card companies skim their share of right off the top.

..... "Rich" I wish!

Quick Reply: Kore leveling kit and track bar