3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
View Poll Results: Leveling Kit and adjustable track bar
Running a stock track bar
41.38%
Running an adjustable track bar
58.62%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Kore leveling kit and track bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kore leveling kit and track bar

I just ordered my Kore leveling kit and now have a questions for you guys running this or other leveling kits. Is it nessecary to replace the Track bar when installing this kit and how much does it throw the axle off center, is it really noticable. Maybe I should do a poll of who is running leveling kits with and without adjustable track bars.

Well I did it started a poll to see who is running stock or adjustable track bars with their leveling kits. Let see what ya got!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lniemeyer2
I just ordered my Kore leveling kit and now have a questions for you guys running this or other leveling kits. Is it nessecary to replace the Track bar when installing this kit and how much does it throw the axle off center, is it really noticable. Maybe I should do a poll of who is running leveling kits with and without adjustable track bars.
It is not necessary to run an adj. pan-rod bar, but it is a nice feature...your axle will be shifted over about 3/4" to the drivers side. Hope this helps
Old 03-19-2008, 10:36 AM

Necessary? That depends on how you define necessary.

The axle will be noticeably out of whack.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:58 AM

Crap I thought the springs didn't do this Why does it move over and is there any way to change/fix it?
Old 03-19-2008, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
Crap I thought the springs didn't do this Why does it move over and is there any way to change/fix it?

The front swings in a lateral arc as it moves up and down with the radius controlled by the track bar (center at frame mount, end at axle mount). To lift the truck, either with springs or spacers, you effectively push the axle down, which at the same time swings it to the drivers side. The only way to rectify this is to lengthen track bar or drop the mount at the frame, but then you need to a drop pitman arm also.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

What Pauly just said.....!!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:19 AM

Well when I get my kit on I think I'll run my stock one for now and see how it does. Later I may get a Thuren or Solid Steel track bar, I can't make up my mind on which one to go with right now anyway.

I'm also gonna see how Yellowz28's project comes out with lengthening the stock unit.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can replace the soft OEM bushings with our zero-deflection trackbar bushings... available in whatever offset your lift requires to center the axle.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:35 PM

On my '03 I had what is essentially the same as the "leveling kit."

The axle was definitely off center, but I never bothered to fix it. If I still had the truck I would swap out the bushing, assuming cost was an issue.

I run a Thuren track bar on my '07.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:42 PM

Forgive my ignorance so just two bushings with a little offset in the holes and my axle is centered? The kore level is supposed to be 2.5" of lift.

I see now and understand why a dropped pitman arm would be a good idea.

Last edited by DiEseLjunKy; 03-21-2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: never mind
Old 03-21-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, the offset bushings increase the trackbar's effective length to keep the axle centered.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:10 PM

You don't want a drop pitman arm because then the track bar and drag link won't be parallel anymore. That is a recipe for bumpsteer in the very least. Get a Thuren track bar to re-center you axle.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:24 PM

The "budget" level kit seems to be getting out of hand already but I want to do it right. Tell my why a $350 trackbar would be better than $100 bushings.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:30 PM

Forgive my ignorance so just two bushings with a little offset in the holes and my axle is centered? The kore level is supposed to be 2.5" of lift.

I see now and understand why a dropped pitman arm would be a good idea.
leave the stock pitman arm. it is not necessary, and you will then need a track bar re-location bracket. these are generally done with 4", or more of lift.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:45 PM

The "budget" level kit seems to be getting out of hand already but I want to do it right. Tell my why a $350 trackbar would be better than $100 bushings.
are you doing the install yourself? if you are, you can install the kit, see how it rides, and then make the track bar decision. if you're having it done, you'll save some $$$ doing it all at the same time, but you will also not know the differences that each mod has made to your ride. there are plenty of people who have stayed with the stock track bar, done just the bushings, and gone with don's track bar, and in the end, there's no right or wrong answer-just how far you want to go and how much you want to spend. i went with don's adjustable track bar and extended links, and i'm very happy with them.

Quick Reply: Kore leveling kit and track bar