3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Kore HP Leveling - How much did it actually raise the front of the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kore HP Leveling - How much did it actually raise the front of the truck?

I'm guessing the Kore HP Leveling Kit and Kore HP Series suspension kit contain the same front coils.

I'm looking for some real world numbers on how much height these coils added to the front. I have a 4x4 QC LWB and I hear the actual lift is different based on body and wb.

I'm thinking about trying to save some coin and just get the leveling kit without the rear, but I don't want the front higher than the rear and I won't install blocks in the rear.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 03-18-2009, 09:39 PM

I have seen a few come into my shop that were front hi.......................
Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 AM

I would think most air bags installed in the back would help adjust the height of the rear. I've got Carli long travel air bags in my megacab and you can really change the rear height quite a bit by inflating or deflating.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:48 AM
kjp

I installed mine about six months ago, before I left for deployment. Mine is just a smidge high in front, I do really notice it as much as some that I have seen.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:55 AM

i went with the recon series and i had a 2 inch overall lift front and rear. with 35s and 20s i gives it another few inches
Old 03-19-2009, 07:46 AM

It raised my front about 3 inches and I had to get the air bags to level it out. For the money I would get the kit that comes with the rear add a leaf.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:17 AM

Great information.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:15 PM

My lifted 1 3/4 '' from stock height is jst a tad less then perfectly level. 2 and a jivey" would be lvl.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by lniemeyer2
It raised my front about 3 inches and I had to get the air bags to level it out. For the money I would get the kit that comes with the rear add a leaf.

How is the ride with your setup? I just ordered the Kore HP level kit and will probably go with Firestone Ride Rites. I've read a few post that claim that the air bags give a rough ride empty. Since you have the setup that's very close to what I will be running any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 AM

Airbags do not make the ride rough when empty as long as you don't have them at more than the minimum recommended air pressure, if you need to use them to lift the rear an inch or 2 then yes that will give you a rougher ride.
I drive with mine at 10 psi (the min) nd they don't affect the ride at all. Now that I lelveled it I just adjust the pressure on my AirLift wireless controller til it's stitting flat.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 AM

My front end was raised 2-1/4"s. Truck sits level. I also added new rear shocks equivalent to what came with the KORE lit. Better springs and shock truly made a driving difference. I installed mine at 2-3K miles when the truck was new. Really tamed the washboard roads down a lot. In my area all the secodary roads are dirt/gravel/wahsboard and 15 mps was about all you could do on them with the stock suspension. The KORE kit made a tremendous difference is the 'shock' department.

I have the Firestone Ride Rites as well. I installed them because I tow a lot and did not like the way the truck was pulled down so far. I was level so I didn't need to use them for the purpose of leveling. The truck does not ride rough when empty, I keep the bags at 10lbs when empty, according to the instructions that came with mine, the min is 5lbs.

CD
Old 04-08-2009, 05:37 PM

Thanks guys, hopefully I won't get 3" of lift like some others have. I'm still going to install the Ride Rites for towing my trailer. Maybe I'll be lucky and not have to use the air bags to level out the truck.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
Now that I lelveled it I just adjust the pressure on my AirLift wireless controller til it's stitting flat.
How much lift did you get, 2" or 3", and how much pressure do you put in the bags to get it level. How does it ride when leveled out. Sorry for all the questions just want to know what I'm up against.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:04 PM

Installed my Kore kit and took it for a short test drive then measured. It was exactly 1" taller in the front, I was a little disappointed but was kind of expecting it. So I decided to take it out yesterday to test the suspension. The road was mostly washboard and ruts with a few washed out parts here and there, the front end handled it fine but the rear was still stiff. Well when I got back home the truck looked level so I measured it again and IT IS! I am very happy with the way the suspension performs and am glad the springs settled but am a little worried that over time it may sag more, guess I'll have to wait and see.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tortured
How much lift did you get, 2" or 3", and how much pressure do you put in the bags to get it level. How does it ride when leveled out. Sorry for all the questions just want to know what I'm up against.
I just put in 2" spacers and with the minimum air in the bags (5-10 psi) it's level measured at the wheel openings, so the bags aren't raising the rear at all.
Ride is the same basically, the bigger tires and Billsteins smooth things out but I still have the 1 ton springs front and rear which I can live with.