3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Just Roasted a little 33" meat on a Smarty!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just Roasted a little 33" meat on a Smarty!!

I just installed my Smarty, It loaded in 3minutes and 25 Secs, but then it made me toggle key on and off and a push a couple of > ...so maybe like 4 minutes. Waited 30 secs, truck fired right up. Took it easy for a few minutes and then spun the tires for a couple hundreds feet with a big black cloud following me. Raced my Buddies bone stock 05 CTD, and he did a full throttle , full brake , launch in 4x4 and I didn't want to leave my tranny on the street. So I launced at 1200 rpm,also in 4x4. He jumped ahead by half a length, then when my boost started to really build, I caught him in 150 feet and he was behind by two truck lengths by 60 mph. I have the smarty on #7, 130hp with timing, I was amazed at how smooth the motor runs and how much nicer it shifts. I drove it around town, truck only has 12,000miles feels like 100% nicer to drive. My buddy couldn't believe how much smoother it ran and shifted. Spun the tires at will at slow speeds, however roads are cold, -4C,and not 100% dry. Lots of roads in the area have thick ice and the truck drove fine on the ice, I thought it might feel touchier. Definetely smokes a lot more. After Dusk, I couldn't see the cars behind me when pullin hard from a red light. So far I'm pretty happy, I wouldn't hesitate to drive it every day on this setting, tomorrow I'm going to # 9, 170 hp with timing. I booked my truck into NADP , for tranny upgrades, haven't decided which one for sure. I'm curious to see the difference after my intake is on. My buddy is ordering the smarty, just because of how much smoother the power comes on. I would buy it again in a minute. My only dissapointment is I thought 130 hp would feel like more....mind blowing...now I see how addictive the power toys are....I already want more.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i love that fact that its smoke on demand. im very impressed w/ the amount of it actually. the power is great, but the SC is very very close to it but at half the price. i am on #7 too so i still have 8 and 9 to go if i want, but i think im gonna stay where i am. i would strongly recommend this to anyone!! oh yeah...i roaster my tires tonight too

brett