3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Just ordered my MBRP exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds good, How close did you have to cut to the muffler on the cat side? Are clamps included with the MBRP muffler by any chance?
Old 03-14-2006, 09:51 AM

nevermind what i just typed, i forgot i had another thread going asking the same question
Old 03-14-2006, 09:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
edit: wrong thread! sorry
Old 03-14-2006, 11:15 AM

I just wanted to add that along with the great sound, awesome power increase, I am also seeing anywhere between 1.5-3mpg better on my overhead readings!!! Im pretty stoked with this system, couldnt have been better!

Oh, and I ordered from Mark Craig's shop, they even threw in a really cool bolt on tip, I thought they were going to throw in a cheeser, but it was a really good one! Thanks Mark!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:18 PM

Cat

I still have the cat in place. The 5in that i cut off was on the tail pipe side of things. I had to remove the 5in so that the tail pipe hooked into the hanger and cleared the rear axle.

BossHogg I wish that I was seeing that kind of increase in mpgs. I have seen nothing but I have only put on about 60 miles since the install.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:22 PM

Hey you guys with the cat still in place, could you explain the sound at idle, cruise, acceleration and towing? curious how close it is to stock sound. I really want that nice deep rumble. but not tooooooo loud...
i know i know... this has been asked tons of times, i just like getting as many peoples oppinions as possible.

Thanks
eric

Also if anyone has any pics of there MBRP with the cat still in place i would love to see them
Old 03-14-2006, 07:39 PM

mbrp

Originally Posted by thejoker502
I still have the cat in place. The 5in that i cut off was on the tail pipe side of things. I had to remove the 5in so that the tail pipe hooked into the hanger and cleared the rear axle.

BossHogg I wish that I was seeing that kind of increase in mpgs. I have seen nothing but I have only put on about 60 miles since the install.

Well, I think from what Ive heard, that since my truck originally had a 3.5 inch down pipe which comes on the early 04. That switching to a 4" downpipe as well as using a mandrel bent exhaust throughout really helped. I am curious to know if adding backpressure (muffler) helps or hurts? I am sure that these things help increase the mileage. I did'nt expect to see any gain, but I did, and it is at least 1.5mpg all the time!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:08 PM

Wow! 1.5MPG! Who would have thought!

Andy
Old 03-14-2006, 10:36 PM

of course that is with my banks
Old 03-15-2006, 09:36 AM

I am seeing a mpg increase also. 1.5 sounds about right.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:58 AM

Well installed my MBRP last night. Sounds great, no drone, lots of power and did I say GREAT SOUND. The install is not as straight forward as I thought. The install wasn't difficult it just took time to get the pipes lined up and after almost cutting my pointer finger off with the cutting wheel I had to have my son do most of the work. I didn’t use the clamps that came with it I just welded the joins. The tailpipe and getting the hangars hooked back up was a ***** but all in all it was a pretty easy install. Yeah, the cutting wheel skipped of the pipe caught my finger on my other hand that I was using to steady the pipe while I cut it. STUPID STUPID STUPID so you don't need to remind me. I should have gotten stitches but saved the money and just taped it tight with some super glue (the cut was long ways on the top of the pointer finger).

But man I think someone else on here said it earlier – “It’s the best **** $149 spent on a mod for my truck.” It seems even quieter then the OEM muffler was when just idling. But, stomp on it and man what a nice sound and great response from the truck. I highly recommend the MBRP muffler.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:22 PM

Welp, I ordered my exhuast on monday (3-13) and it was sitting on my doorstep today (wed 3-15) Very happy with the quick shipping, Thanks again Mark Craig and I look forward to getting it installed!
Eric
Old 03-15-2006, 09:26 PM

Well here she is just begging me to put her on the truck. Wanted to post some pics of it cause i'm weird as hell about that. It's that diesel head thing coming out of me aint it...

aint it perty

Old 03-15-2006, 09:35 PM

Muffler with Cat

HorseHauler, I still have my cat in place. This muffler sounds great. At idle it is just a bit louder then stock with a nice deep rumble. At cruse you can hear the muffler but it is not loud or anoying just a deep tone. At WOT it sounds great. This is an excellent product. Other then WOT you don't really here the muffler inside the truck (with windows up).
Old 03-15-2006, 09:36 PM

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Quick Reply: Just ordered my MBRP exhaust!