3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Just got EFI LIVE

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:00 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by alboy
I might have missed it ,but how big of a tune are you running?Also from your own experience would you use a V2 or prefer to have EFI dyno tuned, i think im going to get Efi if i keep my truck.Great thread.
If you have a tuner local that has a Dyno, do it. But be very aware EFI is getting big fast and I would not trust anyone to tune my truck unless they are well known on one of these sites. I don't care if he's got local guys doing great things, too many little guys trying to get a piece of the EFI live action. That said the next best thing is Data logging, it's almost as good as dyno tuning.

I use Les and his philosophy is in MOST trucks he can write a single tune that does it all. So I am running a single tune from Les. That's the biggest problem we have, is we are stuck in the thought that you need a street tune a race tune a tow tune etc,etc. but when you are maximizing your parts in a safe manner and you can see everything that is going on with the Data Logs, you can have one tune that does it all.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:03 AM

As far as the use the V2 or the dyno let's not get confused. You can tune by data logging, or the dyno, it doesn't matter if you have the V2 platform or an Autocal platform.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Compatability question?

Not to hijack the thread but I have a 2007 5.9, (mostly stock), and a 2004.5 (some mods). If I get the V2 for the 2007, will it be able to be used for the 2004.5 if and when they come out with the communication software for the earlier trucks???

---
Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by tantruck
Not to hijack the thread but I have a 2007 5.9, (mostly stock), and a 2004.5 (some mods). If I get the V2 for the 2007, will it be able to be used for the 2004.5 if and when they come out with the communication software for the earlier trucks???

---
Yes each V2 comes with 2 licenses. You would need to write different tunes but yes you can tune each truck once they come out with the 04.5 compatable software.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 AM

And theirs no hijacking this thread as long as it is in some way EFI related, ask all the questions you want .
Old 09-01-2012, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by RyeThomas
And theirs no hijacking this thread as long as it is in some way EFI related, ask all the questions you want .
When will EFI Live for 2003-05 trucks be released?

Over on their forum some guys are fiddling with the current setup to tune the earlier trucks, my ECM is worth far too much to me for that but maybe if I ever ran across a spare . . . .
Old 09-01-2012, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by BustedWrench
When will EFI Live for 2003-05 trucks be released?

Over on their forum some guys are fiddling with the current setup to tune the earlier trucks, my ECM is worth far too much to me for that but maybe if I ever ran across a spare . . . .
Your gonna have to go to the EFI live site and ask them, or check out there forum. Their has been a lot of debate as to what's coming out when.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:22 PM

Yeah I'm over there already :-) supposed to be out this fall, but I'm running stock with twins, studs, gauges, intake, exhaust, fuel . . . And I am getting really antsy!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:32 AM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
Wow! This only confirmed what I've heard about EFI Live being the new tuner for Cummins. My dad's running a Smarty Jr. on his '06 and is losing patience with the low mileage. He doesn't seem to thrilled about changing tunes, torque and timing with every tank to see which yields the best mileage. I think I'll have to put him in front of the computer and have him read this thread. The price is a bit hard to swallow but if it's the best all around tune, it's hard to say no.

Mods to his, as of right now, aren't a whole lot but his goal is for about 500-600hp. Built trans with an ATS converter and valve body and a CFM+ intake that most say is just for looks . With EFI Live, I know that goal is feasible with a stock motor for a couple of quick dyno runs but reading what you said about injectors makes sense. He has asked me about upgrading his. I suppose if you can monitor balance rates, his stockers would probably survive for a while. He's very light-footed on it, even having the built trans.

Where is Les located? I'd probably have my dad buy the V2. That way I can tune a new truck when I get one .
Old 09-03-2012, 05:44 AM

Look up Silver Bullet tuning, that's Les. As far as where he's at? Somewhere on the west coast, but with the ability to data log and send it to him it doesn't matter where your tuner is located. All that matters is that they are a proven name.

my only fear is guys getting tunes from no name or local shops. All tuners are not equal.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been given instruction to wait for a month or two Going to be hard waiting when it is. right. there.

Maybe I'll trade a couple grocery shoppings for efi.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:00 AM

The V2 is not cheap, but quite frankly after having it, seeing the difference, having the ability to log anything and everything, I would pay a lot more for it if I had too. It's simply that worth it .
Old 09-03-2012, 09:20 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RyeThomas
The V2 is not cheap, but quite frankly after having it, seeing the difference, having the ability to log anything and everything, I would pay a lot more for it if I had too. It's simply that worth it .
Yeah, dare I say it is the final programmer? Though when that is said eventually something else better comes out. Wonder if that'll happen too? Guess time will tell.

Well, I'm pretty close to ready as far as funds go so I won't need to wait a month or two (been saving on the sly ). But for courtesy and consideration, I'll play along It was the first time I actually mentioned that I wanted it.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:39 PM

Rye... You've convinced me to make the jump... Only question I have is I'm fixing to do a full DTT transmission, duel CP3, airdog 200 and 60 or 100 nozzles at the end of the month... Should I wait till all of its on to get it from Les? And can I buy the tuner & tune from him?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by LawDawg
Rye... You've convinced me to make the jump... Only question I have is I'm fixing to do a full DTT transmission, duel CP3, airdog 200 and 60 or 100 nozzles at the end of the month... Should I wait till all of its on to get it from Les? And can I buy the tuner & tune from him?
That's a tuff one, you are doing so much I would just wait, but I would buy a V2 and get it shipped in so you have it. Then contact Les and he can build a tune for your new set up. I don't think he sells the unit, and they are price locked at $899 shipped so you can get one from any vendor you chose.

What charger are you gonna run?

Quick Reply: Just got EFI LIVE