3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Just got EFI LIVE

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My wife drove the truck yesterday and said I don't know what it is but the truck just drives better. So their you have it a Suburban driving housewife gives EFI live the nod .
Old 08-24-2012, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RyeThomas
My wife drove the truck yesterday and said I don't know what it is but the truck just drives better. So their you have it a Suburban driving housewife gives EFI live the nod .
"Wife tested, wife approved"...
Rye,
I have to say, I have been keeping a close eye on this thread. And fortunately (or unfortunately for my wallet) you are making me think more and more about going EFI live once I pull the trigger on the "soon to come" tranny upgrade. In short, you have already taken a lot of the fear/intimidation "I had" associated with EFI tunning, logging, ect.. by simply sharing this thread.
Thanks for the updates...keep em' coming!

*My wife hasn't even ridden in my truck in close to a year...If it weren't for her daily/weekly "forensic auditing" of our bank account, she wouldn't know the difference between my truck running stock or pushing 1,000 HP!

Again, great thread. (SUBSCRIBED!! )
Old 08-24-2012, 03:23 PM

No problem and guys keep the thread alive if you have questions ask.

It really takes about 30 seconds to data log a WOT run, save it as a log file and simply e-mail it as an attachment (and its a rather small file) to the tuner. Or you can save it for yourself and stare for hours at the Data. Thats what im doing today. Let me tell you gauges are worthless compared to a data log, I had no clue.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:29 PM

copying your stock tune is a simple connect and copy button then 4-5 min, then to download a new tune it is a simple connect and 4-5 load time.

And if you get a premier tuner you dont ever change tunes unless you change your mods. My tune Tows, DD, and is my play tune all in one!

I use my laptop but you can have the tunes written to the Autocal or V2 device. Im not sure about copying the stock tune though? I use my laptop for all of it.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:56 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is tough, hearing others enjoy a toy I want too. I still can't figure out how to approach the other half about me wanting to drop 1k+ on a toy for my truck
Old 08-25-2012, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Shorts
This is tough, hearing others enjoy a toy I want too. I still can't figure out how to approach the other half about me wanting to drop 1k+ on a toy for my truck
I hear you, but you can go Autocal for $600. Or you can do a group buy, a single V2 can tune over 200 trucks, all they have to pay is $125 for a liscense and then most tuners will write a do it all tune for around $200.

Thats the kicker if you belong to a club, or if you have a few guys from the region that get together it can be super cheap. Group buy is the way to go, I think you will see a lot of it in the future as it becomes available for more trucks.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:44 AM

I hear you, but you can go Autocal for $600. Or you can do a group buy, a single V2 can tune over 200 trucks, all they have to pay is $125 for a liscense and then most tuners will write a do it all tune for around $200.

Thats the kicker if you belong to a club, or if you have a few guys from the region that get together it can be super cheap. Group buy is the way to go, I think you will see a lot of it in the future as it becomes available for more trucks.
Yeah, I need to find (or be) the V2 pimp in my area "Hey, guy, you lookin for a good time? I got this puppy right here that'll give you a real nice ride".
Old 08-25-2012, 01:13 PM

Also wanted to put up that you can check injector balance rates at idle. This is a great tool to help keep an eye on these turds. I have my logged from day one now I can watch for variances .

For those of you that have it +-4 seems to be the absolute number for time to pull them. Some guys start worrying +-2.0.

Another awesome tool with EFI.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:16 PM

Also wanted to put up that you can check injector balance rates at idle. This is a great tool to help keep an eye on these turds. I have my logged from day one now I can watch for variances .

For those of you that have it +-4 seems to be the absolute number for time to pull them. Some guys start worrying +-2.0.

Another awesome tool with EFI.

You read my mind, excellent info. Just this morning I was wondering about how to monitor the injectors.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:23 PM

I'm just trying to bring everyone to the dark side, it's better there.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 AM

I'm just trying to bring everyone to the dark side, it's better there.

Well Darth, you're doing a good job

PM inbound
Old 08-26-2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Shorts
Well Darth, you're doing a good job

PM inbound
Reply sent, good luck!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:21 AM

Have you towed anything heavy with it yet,wondering how egts are affected?
Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 AM

With my current set up I don't even bother to look at EGTs, I have my alarm set at 1350, and I have only heard it one time while lugging it on purpose to make sure the alarm worked. I will try to pay attention to them, but I really don't have a comparison because they have never been an issue. Mid size turbo with stock sticks = cool air.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:25 PM

I might have missed it ,but how big of a tune are you running?Also from your own experience would you use a V2 or prefer to have EFI dyno tuned, i think im going to get Efi if i keep my truck.Great thread.

Quick Reply: Just got EFI LIVE