3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Just got EFI LIVE

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bless you my son!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Name:  LOGImage1.png
Views: 325
Size:  101.3 KB

Ok here is a CHart of a Log I recorded. The very thin white vertical line i the exact spot on the chart we are looking at.
At the top right, the green and purple numbers are the main thing we are looking at first. Green is the actual # my CP3 is putting out compared to the purple which is what the truck is demanding. As you can see the CP3 catches up later in the run and does OK but you want these numbers to match as much as possible.
In the lower chart note the Blue. You can set you OWN timing! And as you can see if you pull some out down low you increase spool a ton. Then as you build boost, rpm, load etc you throw it back for more power and better fuel economy. No more mystery of what is my timing set at.
Attached Thumbnails Just got EFI LIVE-log-image-1.jpg  
Old 08-19-2012, 12:55 AM

This is an extremely helpful thread. Thank you and if you have any more info please keep talking.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sur5er
Bless you my son!
You sold yet brother !
Old 08-19-2012, 07:11 AM

Oh and mileage seems to be up, I haven't driven enough to hand calc but I think it's gonna be a nice lift.

Any of you smart guys know how to run a conversion on mileage. The one negative about EFI is as of yet you can't adjust tire size (they are working on it).

So I have 33.6" tires, what equation or multiplier would I use to correct my mileage when I hand calculate. Sorry USMC isn't big on math .

Oh and really fellas any questions post them up I'm glad to help. Just be on notice I am no expert.

If you have an 06-07 you are doing yourself a disservice by not running EFI. It's really that good.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every time I get EFIlive out of my head someone else announces how much they are loving theirs and I fight myself all over again

Rye, glad you're enjoying getting your truck dialed in. Your data log graph is the first one I've seen so thanks for posting that. Overall, how do you think your injectors are being/will be treated with EFIlive?
Old 08-19-2012, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Shorts
Every time I get EFIlive out of my head someone else announces how much they are loving theirs and I fight myself all over again

Rye, glad you're enjoying getting your truck dialed in. Your data log graph is the first one I've seen so thanks for posting that. Overall, how do you think your injectors are being/will be treated with EFIlive?
Funny you mention it, again I am no expert but pulse width/duration and a few other things above my head are being looked at. Apparently some are moving to larger injectors while reducing pulse width/duration, kind of pulling fuel out but due to the size of the injectors still pushing more and in the correct ratio the findings are HP is up atomization is still good and the injectors are taking less of a beating. Again this is a question for the pros but I know a lot of things are being looked at, and it looks very promising.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:49 AM

If you want to see some cool stuff, and some graphs and what EFI can do go to this link. Rich from Doghouse Diesel was one of the first beta testers and has spent a lot of time putting up info and how to guides.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/ef...ow-guides.html

Mods this link takes them to a competing site but it is where the info is located, hope it's ok. Just trying to share.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by RyeThomas
Funny you mention it, again I am no expert but pulse width/duration and a few other things above my head are being looked at. Apparently some are moving to larger injectors while reducing pulse width/duration, kind of pulling fuel out but due to the size of the injectors still pushing more and in the correct ratio the findings are HP is up atomization is still good and the injectors are taking less of a beating. Again this is a question for the pros but I know a lot of things are being looked at, and it looks very promising.
Hmm yeah, interesting about bigger injectors but makes sense.

Was at the dealer yesterday and the sales guy gave me a hard time for not running a programmer and missing out on better mpg. Then I explained to him about my concern for the life of the injectors. But then again, he tried to talk me out of my truck and into an F150 they had on the lot I think he had an angle.

Thanks for the link. I have the sample software downloaded and now and then I play around with it. Totally a job let to the pros.

Edit, quick question - how does the truck feel on acceleration, particularly in the 15-1700rpm range? On my normal driving in that range the truck just falls on it's face but that's when it feels like it should be pulling. It's kind of a let down. How would you describe that range? I think the tranny is in 2nd gear at the time.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:20 AM

My truck pulls like a monster no matter what the rpm.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:30 AM

Oh and one other BIG thing I forgot to mention. Smoke is all but gone! A small poof and gone, just like the truck.

I have always felt with other devices you push the accelerator hard and it fuels a ton and smokes untill the charger catches up. So in essence you have lots of fuel and the turbo has to catch up.
Well now it's the opposite, mash it and boost goes first and fuel catches up is the only way I can describe it. The truck is so much cleaner and I don't get that huge belch of soot and that lul as the turbo tries to catch up from the overfueld situation it is in.
Also as stated good tuners pull the timing out up front to aid in spool then throw it back once she lights.
Their is also talk the third injection event may be beneficial up front to aid in spool then get rid of it at a certain boost/fuel/rpm level. Again I'm not the expert.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:45 AM

Oh and one other BIG thing I forgot to mention. Smoke is all but gone! A small poof and gone, just like the truck.

I have always felt with other devices you push the accelerator hard and it fuels a ton and smokes untill the charger catches up. So in essence you have lots of fuel and the turbo has to catch up.
Well now it's the opposite, mash it and boost goes first and fuel catches up is the only way I can describe it. The truck is so much cleaner and I don't get that huge belch of soot and that lul as the turbo tries to catch up from the overfueld situation it is in.
Also as stated good tuners pull the timing out up front to aid in spool then throw it back once she lights.
Their is also talk the third injection event may be beneficial up front to aid in spool then get rid of it at a certain boost/fuel/rpm level. Again I'm not the expert.
That actually sounds perfect to tangle with the metroplex traffic from Hades and a 4yr major road construction project. The lag kills me. Not to mention efficiency down the tubes. No smoke is my preference so that is a nice plus. And thanks, now I'm looking over my checking account and doing math in my head.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:05 AM

You sold yet brother !
Oh, I'm sold alright. I just have to find some former Marine to buy my Devil Dog!, er, ah, Bully Dog
Old 08-20-2012, 12:19 AM

Any kind of adjustments for shift points or tranny programming? Heard they were working on it at one time.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:00 AM

Yes you can tune the trans.

Quick Reply: Just got EFI LIVE