3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Just finished installing Flares!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STOP!!! I wanta megacab!!! You guys are killing me! The fender flares are awesome. I have a set on my truck also! I don't think I will ever have a truck without them for as much as I am in the dirt and mud they shure help although my tires still stick out about an inch past them!!

Old 11-20-2006, 08:59 PM

Thanks for posting the pics, I am putting those flares on my truck when It gets here. I am hoping it looks O.K. with 295/70/17, I can't put a lift on mine because I have to haul my fifth wheel.
Hows the smarty been? I am really interested in talking to someone from around here that has one.

thanks
Paul
Old 11-20-2006, 09:34 PM

Smarty has been awesome, trouble free, super easy install, I'm still on level 7 130hp + timing, pretty impressive what that thing does to wake up the CTD, I don't drive it like a raped ape, so I wouldn't hesitate to leave it on 7. Soon as I have some free time I'm going to level 9. You better like smoke....when you accelerate to pass at 100kph, it goes but ...it smokes....If you like, PM me we'll get together go for a rip...cost you $3.00 per minute (for tires). I also accept Bud, Kokanee or Corona....
Old 11-20-2006, 09:57 PM

I work out of town and won't be back till next week, but would really like to talk to you about the mods you have. Your truck is looking very sweet and is making the wait for mine even more painful.

thanks Paul
Old 11-20-2006, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Demodude
up here when it's -40c ...you want a garage.
Trust me, I know...just a few hours south (if your speedin)
Old 11-21-2006, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Longhorn06
Trust me, I know...just a few hours south (if your speedin)
Yah, When it's that cold It's painful, but don't you guys in Medicine Hat get subsidized natural gas, so you don't get the $500 gas bills...
Old 11-21-2006, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Demodude
Yah, When it's that cold It's painful, but don't you guys in Medicine Hat get subsidized natural gas, so you don't get the $500 gas bills...
Shhhhhh.....thats our little secret down here! The 'city' owns its own gas utility as well as produces our own electricity. Last winter when everyone was cryin, we were getting $30-$40 credits that we had to burn with a/c this summer. Its been great, but lately the city is trying to bring the prices up to the 'market standard' but still the cheapest utilities in Canada. City of Medicine Hat is one of the large O&G producers, just like Husky, Encana, and such, most people are unaware though. I do a bunch of land work for them, and we are just getting into the winter drilling program right now!
Old 11-21-2006, 04:23 AM

I have the opposite problem up a little north of you,, I think we have the highest gas and electricity prices. Love your truck demodude! Did you happen to get your smarty from Barry at NADP? I hear he has a couple of them in stock! I want to try one of them one of these days,, but not much sense til the snow goes away and the pavement heats up a bit. I was showing a buddy tonight how my truck works, turned the edge up to 5,,, 4 wheel smokeshow for about a half mile, truck all over the place,,,, yee ha,, it was fun. You guys ever get up to old GP ?

Kevin
Old 11-21-2006, 09:59 AM

I'll be up in a week passing through on the way to Fort St John for an overnighter. Other than that, just a few times a year!
Old 11-21-2006, 01:16 PM

If you are every coming up for a night or two, pm me, and I will meet you for a beer

Kevin
Old 11-21-2006, 09:41 PM

Hey Morkable, Nice truck, I've been reading your posts for quite a while. I just joined lately, got the itch to build some HP after seeing NADP trucks at the snowmobile show a month ago. I was in NADP to buy a module or progrmmer and they were tring to sell me a predator module, so I said yes, but they didn't have one. They were supposed to be here like 3 weeks ago....started researching on the forum and smarty or xzilla race sounded like a good option to me, 170hp is what sold me. I bought my smarty from Lary at the DTR store, I just happened to be in Columbia, South Carolina on "bidness", and I asked him to overnight it to me(Lary goes out of his way to help). Showed up next day, I couldn't wait to get home. Works great, high idle still works, sat out all day today at -12c, and it started like a charm, absolutely no timing rattle....I have family in GP, only see them at weddings, Next time your in Edmonchuk, Pm me and we'll get together for a beer.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:50 PM

They tried to sell me the predator module to, but after reading the post on the smarty I think I am sold.
Just found out my truck is still 3 weeks away.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:52 PM

Hey Dirt, What color are you getting? Have you seen the new blue? **** it's going to be cold this week -27c on monday.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:10 PM

It's kahki.
My wife said I could have a new truck if she got to pick the color.
I think it will look O.K. with tinted windows and some new wheels. I don't know about the chrome grill though.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by morkable
If you are every coming up for a night or two, pm me, and I will meet you for a beer

Kevin
Sounds great...thanks for the invite! Hammerheads still open? Used to always go there, but lately the Keg!

Thanks again
Brad

Quick Reply: Just finished installing Flares!