3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Just bought quadzilla xzt box. Any input?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought quadzilla xzt box. Any input?

Just bought the zxt box as i really don't need more power as my racing is done at the track. More mileage is what I am looking for. I have been a die hard Ford fan until this year. So far this truck is sweet. Oh yea I have the 6spd. Tried the auto on my trailer and did not like it. Not enough control over the trans for me. Any of you guys tried this box? I thought about the new bully dog box but didn't want to spend the money and do not need the power. Thanks, Jim
Old 12-01-2005, 04:43 PM

Use dielectric grease on the connections and you'll be good. I liked my quad when I ran it. I had the race box, but left it on 60 hp 90% of the time.

I hope you have an egt gauge, you shouldn't be adding any fuel without one. It's easy to see high egt's, particularly when towing.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:15 PM

Ordered my xzt box Monday before Thanksgiving, can't wait for it to get here. I hope to have some gauges under the tree this year also. Have heard good things about the tow box and I didn't want to be able to mess with it. Just plug it in and go.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:31 PM

You are going to love the XZT. Just do what JC said and you will be fine.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by sCreamin400
Just bought the zxt box as i really don't need more power as my racing is done at the track. More mileage is what I am looking for. I have been a die hard Ford fan until this year. So far this truck is sweet. Oh yea I have the 6spd. Tried the auto on my trailer and did not like it. Not enough control over the trans for me. Any of you guys tried this box? I thought about the new bully dog box but didn't want to spend the money and do not need the power. Thanks, Jim
I have had both,the quad race box and now the bullydog power pup with the outlook monitor.No codes for my truck running the BD power pup verses the quad box that had two codes.Hope your quad box works well for you.coobie
Old 12-01-2005, 06:42 PM

i have the quad xzt box i am fairly happy with it .. it makes REALLY nice power and you'll be impressed with it's dyno numbers, make about 10 more horses than advertised .. but it still has that subtle miss and surge that alot of people including myself are complaining about .. but besides that i am very happy with mine .. plus you can hit about 45psi on the old boost gauge !!

good luck
G
Old 12-01-2005, 06:50 PM

I think quad is working on that issue. I believe he has an update for these problems, at least that is the way it sounded in his post. I sure hope thats the case anyway, don't want to have to send it back ounce I have it in and working.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:14 PM

I did not figure on gauges with this little of a box. I tow very light and I have no one else drive it. Do you think that I still will need the gauges as most people have told me no. I eventually will add it to be safe but wanted to put it off a little bit incase I do change to something nicer. Jim
Old 12-01-2005, 07:27 PM

from my personal experience I saw about a 100-200 degree drop in my egt's when I installed my xzt box. So that should give you some peace of mind but there is nothing better than knowing exactly what is going on.. I would suggest gauges but if you are strapped right now then I wouldn't worry too much.... Good luck!!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:16 PM

I did not figure on gauges with this little of a box. I tow very light and I have no one else drive it. Do you think that I still will need the gauges as most people have told me no. I eventually will add it to be safe but wanted to put it off a little bit incase I do change to something nicer. Jim
A pyro is a lot cheaper than a melted piston.

Just order a SRT-10 A-pillar, a perfect match and a Westach Boost/EGT gauge. $300 and you're done. Even cheaper if you go with an EGT only gauge.

Whatever you do, don't run w/o gauges. The 325/610's can get close to 1500 deg. stock.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by MXER2424
I think quad is working on that issue. I believe he has an update for these problems, at least that is the way it sounded in his post. I sure hope thats the case anyway, don't want to have to send it back ounce I have it in and working.
You shouldn't have any issues.

I think everyones issues other than coobie's have now been solved. It was really a very small group to start with.

The latest stuff going out has all the new updates so you should not need to send it back.

Also once we have a week or two on the new fix from the people that had some issues we will put out some info on how people can get their modules updated if they want to.

Quad
Old 12-02-2005, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla

I think everyones issues other than coobie's have now been solved. It was really a very small group to start with.

The latest stuff going out has all the new updates so you should not need to send it back.

Also once we have a week or two on the new fix from the people that had some issues we will put out some info on how people can get their modules updated if they want to.

Quad
Quad,my box issues should have been resloved if your techs, would have told me to send the box in for a update instead of telling me to KEEP checking connections.I hope your new updates work as good as you say they will.coobie
Old 12-02-2005, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla

Quad
well mine was sent back in july and it wasn't solved .. it still has surges and misses .. i was just gonna put up with it .. but it is an anoyance to say the least !!!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:01 PM

you are crazy to run any kinda box without at least a pyro .. if i am going up a hill at wot (surges and all )i can reach in the 1300' mark no problem un-load !!be very carefull like jc leary also said !! good luck !!

Gary