3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

juice tans slip monitor with adjusted pinion factor

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
juice tans slip monitor with adjusted pinion factor

Okay I am looking into the juice with the attidude and have read threads about the trans slip function not working if you have adjusted pinion factor. I have a lift so this issue affects me.

Now I called edge and they told me that the box was defaulted for 3.73 and if the pinion factor is changed the transmission slip would not read accurate.

Is this really an issue to care about? They act like it is not there problem but IMO it is. you can't expect every truck to have the same size tire and I am sure you can write code to fix this issue on thier end.

they way the tech told me it is not thier problem that thier box is not getting the correct info but the reason you reflash the pinion factor is so the computer is getting the correct info.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:54 PM

I was one of the first ones to identify this problem. They now state this in the documentation. For stock TC and Trans this is an issue, TC lockup monitoring and protection was a feature that I thought was very useful. Of course I found out otherwise.

It is the only real compaint I had with the Juice/Attitude. The power and driveability were the best of all the different performance products I tried. I think only the full Banks setup has any transmission protection for the Cummins trucks. I just was careful until I had the TC/Trans upgraded and then I did not worry about it.

They do seem to have an attitude that is counter productive to customer care.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hognutz
Okay I am looking into the juice with the attidude and have read threads about the trans slip function not working if you have adjusted pinion factor. I have a lift so this issue affects me.

Now I called edge and they told me that the box was defaulted for 3.73 and if the pinion factor is changed the transmission slip would not read accurate.

Is this really an issue to care about? They act like it is not there problem but IMO it is. you can't expect every truck to have the same size tire and I am sure you can write code to fix this issue on thier end.

they way the tech told me it is not thier problem that thier box is not getting the correct info but the reason you reflash the pinion factor is so the computer is getting the correct info.
Well I had my pinion factor changed and then lost my lockup reading completely. my truck was only of by 2 mph so I took it back to the dealer and had it changed back to stock. I really like having that feature even with my modded tranny. its just nice to know whats going on. im not sure why superlift does not offer a truspeed for 03 up trucks. hopefully they will in the future then we can have the best of both worlds. I wouldnt let this stop you from buying one though. its a nice feature though because you will not detect slippage unless its major. I toasted my direct clutches to the point of near meltdown and all the truck did was surge a little bit. the overdrives were also a little blue on the steels and i never felt it at all!!! I talked to edge about this issue also and they were very courtious and just said that they are knee deep in the A2 programming and not sure if they would ever get around to trying to fix this issue. I plan to get 37's eventually and I want my speedo corected for that big a tire also...
Old 11-21-2005, 01:39 PM

wonder if the banks power pda has the same issue or if it can deal with the reflashed pinion factor.

that is funny. they told me that it was dodges issue. I am not sure the guy was the brightest though because he kept acting like I was chaning the gear ratio. I had to re interate three times I was talking about tire size.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the truspeed is now available on superlifts website
http://www.superlift.com/suspension/...03-RAM2500.asp
under options.