3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Juice/Attitude

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juice/Attitude

I recently had the Juice with Attitude installed on my truck. I checked the records after one week and it showed 8% slip. Is this something I should be worried about?. I have not been driving it hard. Scared to put in level 4. Mostly drive in level 1 for mileage. I have a new exhaust and AFE with Pro Guard 7 filter. IS this normal is other people seeing the same thing.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:59 AM

Re: Juice/Attitude

Originally posted by fairman
I recently had the Juice with Attitude installed on my truck. I checked the records after one week and it showed 8% slip. Is this something I should be worried about?. I have not been driving it hard. Scared to put in level 4. Mostly drive in level 1 for mileage. I have a new exhaust and AFE with Pro Guard 7 filter. IS this normal is other people seeing the same thing.
Yes you should be concerned. The 8% slip most likely happened when you pushed it from 3rd to od on lvl 4 or 5. The 48re won't take that. Tim Holt told me I was toasting my od clutches when I told him basically the same thing was happening. When my tranny was tore down that is what happened. If you don't have the dough for the tranny upgrade then here is what you can do. You can run it hard on lvl 3 daily. You can run it hard on 4 or 5 up to 70mph which should be just before you shift into od. Or you can run it hard on 4 or 5 once it has shifted into od. You need to pull the coals out of it at that shift. No way around it,...you need an upgraded tranny to really enjoy the box and also the box itself will feel like it gained 50hp once you get the power to the ground properly with a built tranny. To mention a few,...DTT, ATS and Sun Coast seem to be the most utilized on the forum. Happy hammering.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:16 AM

i also am running the juice attitude, i got a %7-%9 slip on the monitor before i did my trans, i recently went through the trans and did a precision triple lock converter and a shift kit and the trans slip gauge still shows the same %7-%9 slip. my shows slip from stock to level 5. i personaly don't think the slip gauge reads accuratly because you would feel it when it started slipping %9. i talked to edge and they said the slip i was getting was normal and i should only worry if it gets to around %25 slip (which conformed my beleif the the gauge is not accurate)

ryan
Old 05-06-2005, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by rmillett
i also am running the juice attitude, i got a %7-%9 slip on the monitor before i did my trans, i recently went through the trans and did a precision triple lock converter and a shift kit and the trans slip gauge still shows the same %7-%9 slip. my shows slip from stock to level 5. i personaly don't think the slip gauge reads accuratly because you would feel it when it started slipping %9. i talked to edge and they said the slip i was getting was normal and i should only worry if it gets to around %25 slip (which conformed my beleif the the gauge is not accurate)

ryan
Thanks for the info from Edge!

Also welcome to the DTR!

I have the NV5600 and I have gotten 7-9% slip as well. These numbers are when I go to level 4.

FWIW I have not tried level 5................................................. .yet lol.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much does a cluch cost that will hold the juice or six gun? I have been wanting one of the 2 but I dont want to fry the cluch if it wont handle it. If that thing can read slipage I would be interested in what it says the tranie or, cluch in my case is slippin on the stock setting. Anyone know?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:15 PM

Ok I kinda had the same question my truck is an 05 6spd and I have the new juice and I tried level 5 in 2nd through 4th and the most slip I had was between 4%-6% so I turned it down to stock and did the same thing and got the same amount of slip? So I am guessing the gauge does not read accuratly. But if I pull it hard in level 4-5 in 5th and 6th I can feel it slip so I think if it was a concern you could feel it am I wrong?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:35 PM

Think about it,....

I hear folks talking about the slippage being an inaccurate measurement. Well I beta tested these for 4 or 5 months and the whole time I had a stock tranny and I was seeing 8% to 10% slippage and real world tear down of my tranny showed it toast. Tell me this if the gauges are soooooo inaccurate. Why since I did the ATS thing the most slippage I've seen, ...with the same Attitude, is 1% and mostly it is 0% on the Records field of the Attitude? Thinking that 8% or so is just a standard or just a gauge that is inaccurate may help you sleep but it doesn't change the facts. The 48RE is not capable to run anybody's 100hp box without toasting. Fact.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:13 AM

out-of-here

what did you do to your trans to get the slip to %0-%1 slip. i just did a precision triple lock converter and a shift kit and it did not affect the slip at all. i get the same slip reading from level stock to level 5. when i am on the freeway cruising at 65 all i have to do is lightly roll in to the throtle and i will get %7 slip in any level but i can't feel it slip.

ryan
Old 05-09-2005, 02:13 PM

What was done???/

Originally posted by rmillett
out-of-here

what did you do to your trans to get the slip to %0-%1 slip. i just did a precision triple lock converter and a shift kit and it did not affect the slip at all. i get the same slip reading from level stock to level 5. when i am on the freeway cruising at 65 all i have to do is lightly roll in to the throtle and i will get %7 slip in any level but i can't feel it slip.

ryan
Just read my sig for all that was done.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:26 PM

I wonder how Edge is measuring "slip". It doesn't matter what kind of automatic tranny you have, the TC will slip more than 1%.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:16 PM

I have a 6spd is the measurment correct for me or is 4-6 percent normal with a manual transmission?
Old 05-09-2005, 11:53 PM

i agree i have never seen anything less than 6% slip with my trans done either.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:15 AM

I noticed that it usually records the slip right when the transmission clutch is first locking or unlocking.