3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Jammer Injector Tips By Edge ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jammer Injector Tips By Edge ???

Has anyone tried these new injector tips from edge ?? I am looking for feedback on an 2003' or newer truck. Also, would an aftermarket set of full injectors work better than just replacing the stock injector tip ?? Thinking about getting a set of these tips and looking for advice.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:14 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I talked to edge today and asked him if they were required with the hot juice and he told me they werent available for my truck yet (05) so I assume they arent available for yours either, but he also to me he would recomend an extra fuel pump to get the max performance and of course all the other stuff (clutch, tc, exhaust, intake, etc) to go along with it to be "safe"
Old 09-13-2005, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by deezulsmoke
Has anyone tried these new injector tips from edge ?? I am looking for feedback on an 2003' or newer truck. Also, would an aftermarket set of full injectors work better than just replacing the stock injector tip ?? Thinking about getting a set of these tips and looking for advice.
I've tried DD3 nozzles from Diesel Dynamics (basically Edge now) and had the following happen:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=75134

When I first had them installed they were great and worked as advertised with smooth power delivery and then it went downhill from there. They were installed early June 2005 and these issues started happening +/- first part of August. The nozzles were not factory Bosch. They were made by some Italian company called Sprint and then honed to the DD3 spec. My guess is that I got someone elses high mileage, reworked problem child. Otherwise, these would have been OK.

Am I kind of ticked off by this? In a way, yes because I could have pooched my engine - but that is the risk one takes with BOMBs. I just wish I did perhaps a bit more research and subsequently asked a bit more informed questions. So hopefully my bad experiences can turn into something good for others before they rush to buy modified injectors. The scary thing is that my problems have been experienced by numerous people with STOCK injectors.

FYI, some other respected 3rd gen injector options:

Don M www.f1diesel.com
www.IndustrialInjection.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Old 09-13-2005, 11:42 PM

I am thinking about saving back some money this year, and just dropping the cash for a new set of don m injectors for my 600. I really dont think my truck has ran right since I bought it because of the injectors. I would be really curious to see how it ran with a new set of quality injectors. I am just wanting a mild injector upgrade, something that doesn't smoke a lot unless I want it to
Old 09-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Banned

deezulsmoke,

We have sold a world of the Edge Jammers and had nothing but great information sent back to us by owners. I wonder if the ones that JStieger had were the 1st series/Beta's or something like that as we have had 0 problems with them.

JStieger,

I know the relationship between Edge and DD, but wonder if you got something different than the Edge nozzles as you got them straight from DD?

Mark @ DPPI
Old 09-14-2005, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Craig
JStieger,

I know the relationship between Edge and DD, but wonder if you got something different than the Edge nozzles as you got them straight from DD?

Mark @ DPPI
Mark-

I got them from Dyno-Mite Diesel up in WA - they are a DD installer per the DD website. This shop has sold more than a few of these setups with reported good results so I just probably had some bad luck. When they were installed the performed well and as advertised, but obviously their performance started deteriorating from there. However, that's the risk one takes with truck mods I guess - maybe it was just a bad batch of Sprint nozzles - who knows? Just to be clear that other than these injectors I have had nothing but good luck with DD / Edge products and service.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by deezulsmoke
I am thinking about saving back some money this year, and just dropping the cash for a new set of don m injectors for my 600. I really dont think my truck has ran right since I bought it because of the injectors. I would be really curious to see how it ran with a new set of quality injectors. I am just wanting a mild injector upgrade, something that doesn't smoke a lot unless I want it to
don m injectors. Are they very good as far as longevity is concerned and how much$$