3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

its amazing the brand bashing thats going on

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your * lucky that 03 ferd didn't make you walk (wright when you pulled it off the lot when it was new)
Old 02-21-2006, 06:53 PM

The 05 probably didnt want to go back home and sit next to the PS and the DMAX!
Old 02-21-2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by tlb9596
go to the Diesel Place and you'll read all about how "my buddys powerstroke is a pice of crap hez buynign a dmax next week lolololo " and the same thing about the cummins. Then you go to the Diesel Stop and the power smoke guys say the same thing about cummins/dmax. Now i come here and you bash the dmax/powerchoke.

who is right?
"WE are the champions my friend! And we'll keep on fightin' till the end...."
Old 02-21-2006, 07:00 PM

yeah yeah all funny i buy whats cheapest for the farm at a given time and run them hard,i have put these trucks through more abuse than most trucks ever see..i was by no means bashing the dodge, point is the only one that has spent time in the shop ..is the dodge
Old 02-21-2006, 07:10 PM

I look at the so called bashing as fact sharing. The guys on this site, in my opinion, have fair views of the competition and compliment the other trucks at times.

Just my prespective.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:13 PM

They all have good and bad points. However at approx. the same miles, my brother in-law's Powerstroke has been towed out of his garage twice, and broken down once on one of our towing trips. None of my brother's 3 CTD's, or my one Cummins have been on the hook- period.(Cross my fingers!!) And yes, the others do have some nice features- For eg.) The GM has great, bright headlights, and the Ford has something nice about it too I'm sure.However, neither comes equipped with the Cummins.(Like some people say- I bought the Cummins, and they threw the truck in with it!LOL!!)
Old 02-21-2006, 08:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have noticed on the chevy and ford forum sites-those guys get real defensive real fast! very rarely do they admit any shortcomings with there particular trucks. their answers always seems to be "at least it is not a dodge" or "if you think we have problems- you should check out all the problems with the dodge trucks". i just recently got kicked off of the ford trucks forum site- they could'nt stand to hear the truth any longer.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:36 PM

as a former owner of 2003 ford superduty which had the 6.0 and torqueshift auto i can say the truck was great and i had no problems with it. pulled my 37 ft 5er weighing in at 15000 lbs with on problems. but from years of reading all the negative stuff on the ford sites i got in my head the truck was like a timebomb so i traded it 2 weeks ago on my first dodge cummins. i have to say this is one nice truck that i plan on keeping for a long time.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:56 PM

King d, you should have gotten an 03 Dodge to complete the set...then you'd never have to walk...03's rule. I walked alot with the dmaxes....everytime a black box went out...more idiot modules than is believable....and everytime it got below -20 or it snowed hard. Power window stuck down...in winter....in Canada. The Ford ....I would have walked for 3 weeks while they were trying to find the parts for the tranny that were on backorder for some reason...but they gave me a rental. I was getting a deal on flatbed wreckers with the dmaxes....a quantity discount. ks
Old 02-21-2006, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by goose2
Once again that is your oppinion. I personanly think the Mega cab is the uglyist truck I have ever layed my eyes on. See we all have our own oppinions.
You own a 2006 Dodge CTD right? Seems a little odd to say that a Dodge Megacab, with the only difference from yours being the extra cab space, is the uglyist (spelled ugliest) truck you have ever layed eyes on...
Old 02-21-2006, 09:46 PM

I know folks that own all 3 brands & most of 'em like what they got.

I got a 2004.5 quad cab & I've got to say that Megacab looks like a houseboat with a toolbox welded to each end. But it does have room to carry
the front line of any NFL team. ( At least it doesn't look like a Scion "Shoebox")
Old 02-21-2006, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by djbikeman
You own a 2006 Dodge CTD right? Seems a little odd to say that a Dodge Megacab, with the only difference from yours being the extra cab space, is the uglyist (spelled ugliest) truck you have ever layed eyes on...
First off, sorry for the misspelling of ugliest. ( I bet you looked in the dic. to check the spelling).Do I need to say it again. Yes I think the Mega cab is "very" ugly. If I would have wanted one, I would have purchased one. But no I like the looks of the q/c better. So that's what I own and darn proud of it. So if you own a Mega cab. Be proud of it. Because you won't be getting a second look from me.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:24 PM

First off, sorry for the misspelling of ugliest. ( I bet you looked in the dic. to check the spelling).Do I need to say it again. Yes I think the Mega cab is "very" ugly. If I would have wanted one, I would have purchased one. But no I like the looks of the q/c better. So that's what I own and darn proud of it. So if you own a Mega cab. Be proud of it. Because you won't be getting a second look from me.
my only beef about the looks on the mega cab is that they didnt make the doors bigger
Old 02-22-2006, 07:08 AM

I'm definitely not Brand Loyal. I like what I like. Chevy would have been my first choice but since it was the end of the year I could not see paying 49K for a pickup. I'm waiting to see what comes out in the next two years.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:03 AM

"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." I have the quad cab, and I jusy can't get used to the megacab. I don't think it needed all that extra storage behind the back seat. Just a bit more floor space in the back with more comfortable seats would have done it. Hate to say it, but Cheby's back seat on the crew cab has plenty of space,is very comfortable, and is proportioned without looking like a stretched limo. Just my $.02, and I know others think the mega looks great- just not me.

Quick Reply: its amazing the brand bashing thats going on