3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

its amazing the brand bashing thats going on

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its amazing the brand bashing thats going on

go to the Diesel Place and you'll read all about how "my buddys powerstroke is a pice of crap hez buynign a dmax next week lolololo " and the same thing about the cummins. Then you go to the Diesel Stop and the power smoke guys say the same thing about cummins/dmax. Now i come here and you bash the dmax/powerchoke.

who is right?
Old 02-20-2006, 11:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Look at the facts-stuff like which brand is lemon lawed/bought back the most, which seems to spend the most time in the shop, which has the most tsb's issued for important stuff like the engine. Also, which ones beautify the roadside the most.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:20 PM

Guys, I've owned them all since 2002....3 dmaxes 1 psd 1Cummins. The Dodge chassis is the best. The GMC sheetmetal and paint is the best. The 06 hd and kr Ford interior is the best. The Ford powertrain is just problematic. The GM's are gonna die a hard death with the EGR system they use. Our powertrain has its moments but is **** reliable under normal use and stands up well to modding. Everything else in the comments sections is just play talk. ks
Old 02-21-2006, 12:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tlb9596
go to the Diesel Place and you'll read all about how "my buddys powerstroke is a pice of crap hez buynign a dmax next week lolololo " and the same thing about the cummins. Then you go to the Diesel Stop and the power smoke guys say the same thing about cummins/dmax. Now i come here and you bash the dmax/powerchoke.

who is right?
Dude, this is a Dodge Cummins diesel site. What did you expect?
Old 02-21-2006, 04:19 AM

We are right, of course!!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:36 AM

oh yeah

I don"t have to bash any brand. I just bought the best truck out there bar none!

Real Trucks with Real Motors!

DT<*)))><
Old 02-21-2006, 08:58 AM

I try to stay away from the brand bashing, but I used to be a critical transport paramedic and I can factually say that Powerstrokes have left me broken down all over the southeast. Actually, I don't remember a single CORE engine failure in these trucks, nor a fuel pump failure, nor an injector pump failure. We had problems with intercoolers, fan clutches, injectors, exhaust manifold "doughnuts," idler pullies, radiator hoses (one popped on a brand new truck), and TRANSMISSIONS.

I took a brand new 6.0 up to ninety mph just to see how it rode, and the noise coming from the engine made me back off in a hurry. Over the next two years, I watched my coworkers murder that truck. I didn't care because I didn't have to ride in it. We got a Navistar with air ride and air over hydraulic brakes. It was huge, but it still got the 10 - 12 mpg that the Fords did. I rode 200,000 miles in that truck until a co-worker killed it in the rain on I-16 in Jacksonville. That was a darn good truck.

Lamar
Old 02-21-2006, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think they all have thier target market.

chevy
good power, drives nice, transmission is supposed to be nicer.

dislikes
me personally I hate the chevy ride hieght. I don't thinkit is as bullitproof as the ford or dodge. was more $$$$$. More $$$$ to lift.

ford
large cabs space, good power, no grandma ride hieght

dislikes
was not confident in the 6.0 being a completely bullit proof platform. cab size is lager but a bit harder to manuver. Have about 4 friends with fords so would just like to be different.

Dodge

my likes
fairly bullitt proof chassis, engine. liked the bit shorter weelbase even though the cab was a bit smaller. though was the best looking (obvioulsy personal preference).

my dislikes
transmission

so for me the doge was an easy choice. I truly belive the cummins is a more proven reliable platform. Now you can make power with all of them though there is not doubt about that. I think they are all decent trucks though but my only dislike with the truck was the tranny and they all will need tranny work if you bomb the heck out of them.

Brand bashins is as american as apple pie though. I have a ford, dodge, and a chevy. I think they all make decent stuff you just have to buy what fits you. Some people just can't do that though. My dad is chevy to the bone. I know other people that will only drive a ford. I personally drive which one I like the best.

I am an import hater though for whatever reason.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:00 PM

I have them all, they are all new and they all have upsides and downsides......except.....the MEGACAB.

The MEGACAB is the end all be all truck of choice for the average guy. The only downside is the shortbed, which for the majority of the population is ok.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:18 PM

I finally saw a megacab on 37's the other day. Looked pretty good. I think they look a bit goofy stock height but It looked great.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:25 PM

The dealership up the road from me has a black one on 35s that looks nice. They do conversions on new trucks and sell them, at least one or two of them at a time and this megacab looks NICE. I agree that it is the best of the trucks out there now with the cummins in it of course.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:59 PM

Good ole' capitalism at its finest. It all depends whose propaganda to believe if you have no real world experience. I don't think it is possible to find an unbiased opinion. But if fords are being trashed by people who own them on a ford truck site. . . Well, you do the math.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:35 PM

That was how I decided on a Diesel. I went to each site and looked at the complaints and some of the bashing. Well the Ford guys where bashing themselves so I ruled out the Ford. The earlier Dmaxs guys complaints were slightly more serious than the Dodge guys. Then I test each one and made up my own mind. See you just take it for what its worth, and ignore the rest.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
I have them all, they are all new and they all have upsides and downsides......except.....the MEGACAB.

The MEGACAB is the end all be all truck of choice for the average guy. The only downside is the shortbed, which for the majority of the population is ok.
Once again that is your oppinion. I personanly think the Mega cab is the uglyist truck I have ever layed my eyes on. See we all have our own oppinions. That's what makes the world go round. I am one of the lucky ones to have owned all of them since 2004. It all depends what you like to drive. To some up my thoughts on it. The Chevy has the best ride. To say they drive the best. Well I don't know about that. I had nothing but trouble with the stearing in my 04 Chevy. Guess what, they never could fix it. The area service rep told me my problems were from the after market wheels that had the stock tires mounted to them. Yep that's wright, a heavy duty truck (supposidly) that you couldn't even put a rim on it that is 1 inch wider than stock. There is one other thing. The great allison trans went out in 2000 miles. Needless to say I didn't like the chevy and will probably never look at one again. (just my oppin.).The Ford, I dont like how they steer. You have to turn the wheel too many times around to get around the corner. Also, don't like the 6.0 engine. It's track record pretty much speeks for it's self. In my oppi. The Dodge is the best truck out there for three reasons. #1= The great cummins motor,#2= The way they drive with no flex in the chassis, #3= One of the most important things is the price. It's hard to beet a truck that is the best one on the market and $5000.00 less money.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:45 PM

i have one of each 03 ferd,03 dmax and an 05 dodge the dodge is the only one that has ever made me walk

Quick Reply: its amazing the brand bashing thats going on