3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Isspro Fuel Gauge question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isspro Fuel Gauge question

I am getting ready to buy gauges for my truck. I think I have decided on the Isspro's because I like the illumination on them at night. The only problem I have is the fuel pressure isolator (vs Autometer's electric fuel pressure gauge). Are the isolators reliable? I was going to use a tapped banjo bolt to go to the feed side of the CP3, anyone know what size stainless line I should get, or should I just wait till I mount it and see how much I need? Any other comments about the mechanical fuel pressure guage vs the electric fuel pressure guage?

Oh and since I forgot to mention it, I am getting Pyro, 60lbs boost and obviously FP.

Also I was going to order from Geno's because I was going to get a 4/2/1 kit as well. or is there anywhere people would recommend over Geno's such as Diesel Manor or any others?

All input is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:01 PM

I'm about to take off my gauge. I don't know if the isspro uses an isolator with fluid (mine is anti-freeze) like the diprocol. It transfers a noise into the cab. Almost like a Ford power steering pump noise on a cold morning. I would try to get an electrical isolator.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:07 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go mechanical. Less hassle.

CRX, I get my filter from Genos now too. I just buy sets of oil and fuel, I don't run a stock air filter anymore.

FWIW, I had a good expericence and got a good value at Dieselmanor.

Got Isspro gauges, the kit they send you with the gauges is put together very well and the instructions are sweet. Color photos and all, made it very smooth install for me.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the ISSPRO fuel gauge. I have no noise what so ever. I will say this though. I read somewhere that if your isolator is less than 6' away from the gauge, you don't need antifreeze. I have nothing in the line and it seem's like it's working fine. How ever. I talked to a diesel shop and they told me my gauge won't work like that. So who know's. Guess I better put something in there so my gauge will work. BTW,,,I have the 36" line from the CP3 to the isolator. It's a little long, but I don't know what the next size down is.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:56 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I havent delt with genos but I have heard nothing but good things about them, however I got mine from dieselmanor. There can NOT be a more complete kit out there, great service too, 36" ss line from filter to isolator, also it depends on where you want the isolator. Talk to David he'll hook you up. After all is said and done tell him you want for 400 shipped and see if genos can match it. But dont forget to include the boost bolt ss line, isolator and everthing else. Other places I called left these item out on the price and still werent but about 50 bucks cheaper.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Banned

Ditch the isolator and go straight to the gauge. Put a needle valve in line somewhere and you'll be good to go.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by wap
I havent delt with genos but I have heard nothing but good things about them, however I got mine from dieselmanor. There can NOT be a more complete kit out there, great service too, 36" ss line from filter to isolator, also it depends on where you want the isolator. Talk to David he'll hook you up. After all is said and done tell him you want for 400 shipped and see if genos can match it. But dont forget to include the boost bolt ss line, isolator and everthing else. Other places I called left these item out on the price and still werent but about 50 bucks cheaper.

Can anybody confirm for me as well about the extras that are included from Geno's. If the Diesel Manor kit is more complete then I will likely order from them. Also where have people been mounting the isolator? Just trying to have it planned out in my head before I go to do it.

Ditch the isolator and go straight to the gauge. Put a needle valve in line somewhere and you'll be good to go.
I don't really want to run without an isolator in case of the unlikely event of a leak....the last thing I would want on a roadtrip on the highway is diesel fuel to be soaking the interior of the truck. This is the one thing I do like more about the Autometer gauges as they use an electric sending unit. Is the isolator really that much of a piece of gick?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:57 AM
P.J
Banned

Isspro (or) Di Procol - Boost, F/P, Pyro with every since connector (boost bolt, tap for manifold, sta-kons, heatshrink, wiring harness, zip ties, bulb covers,fuse, etc) $318.00 shipped.
Keep in mind this is a mechanical f/p gauge so I had to get about another $10.00 in parts to hook it up.

Can't speak for Genos, but I can tell you that Dieselmanor's website is far superior.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:04 AM

Isspro (or) Di Procol - Boost, F/P, Pyro with every since connector (boost bolt, tap for manifold, sta-kons, heatshrink, wiring harness, zip ties, bulb covers,fuse, etc) $318.00 shipped.
I assume you got these guages and this price from Diesel Manor? How did you go about getting them that cheap? Going by the online prices it is $349 and I assume shipping is still added to that?

So other than a few fittings needed from hardware store the kit from Diesel Manor came with literally everything then?

Can anyone comment on what all Geno's kit comes with? I still want to get the 4/2/1 kit and shipping will likely be more economical if I just get everything from one place...however if the kit from Diesel Manor is better than Geno's then I guess I will have to break up the order? Any other suggestions or comments?

Likewise does anyone with Autometer gauges have any arguments why they would be better to get?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:14 AM
P.J
Banned

Well, it was only a few months ago, no special deal either, straight pricing.
I backed out the isloator ($65.00) and added a can of paint(forgot to mention last post) for the pod, and the 1/8" NPT tap.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:00 PM
wap

I already had my bit and tap but DM will send that too if you need. Kit was COMPLETE I had to buy nothing but the kit I "made". The 349 is no ss line, boost bolt and maybe one other thing but David will tell you exactly what you need and send it too you, even the tap. 603-497-2281 Give him a call and see what he can do. Mine was a little over 400, with the isolator, ss line, boost bost and shipping and I got it for 400.
I mounted my isolator on a lip on the top of the firewall, it has pictures in the instructions, but I fabbed a plate to make it more strudy.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wap
I mounted my isolator on a lip on the top of the firewall, it has pictures in the instructions, but I fabbed a plate to make it more strudy.
Would you happen to have a pic of that set up. I think I put mine the same place as you, but it's hitting the hood insulation. I thought about trying to lower it somehow but haven't really gave it much thought yet.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:13 PM
wap

I dont but as soon as I get home and can figure out how to get pics up I would be glad to post some. But it will prolly be Sat or Sun before I can get to it.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:07 AM

I also wouldn't put a fuel line straight into the cab. That's just asking for trouble.

Bad Ramer Jamer,
Is that isspro pyro gauge easy to read at night? How about with the dimmer all the way down?
Old 01-12-2006, 01:43 AM

Can I just state for the record, YOU BASTARDS CONFUSE HE LIVING HELL OUT OF ME......

Quick Reply: Isspro Fuel Gauge question