3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Isspro,or Di-Pricol, Best match at night??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isspro,or Di-Pricol, Best match at night??

Hey everyone, had my truck since June, Im coming down with a case of the rare Winter Mod. bug. Just ordered the whole Mopar Diamond plate set-up, now on to gauges. I have been seeing alot of different reviews about these two Brands. First off, Ive seen some people say that the Di's have a slow reacting pyro compared to the Isspro's. Second, I just got a catalog from Geno's garage, and the have a pic of The Di's, Isspro's, and autometers, day and night, And even though its a black and white pic. the Di's look closest to matching the Factory gauges lit up. I did a search and from everybodys comments, its like 50/50 with the Di's and Isspros.

From the pic in Geno's, the Di's look identical to the factory lighting, but yet they look a little dim, The Isspros look alot brighter and the needle and numbers have more of a glow to them. I will most likely get the dash pod that holds the 3 gauges, I dont want to have to squint or fight to see these, I want to be able to see and read them clearly with no problems, and Im real picky when it comes to everything matching.

If anybody has any suggestions and comments as far as the lighting, and the slower responding Di-Pricol pyro, (maybe that was just a fluke thing with an older gauge) Please let me know. I see when I go on the aftermarket sites, alot of them have "new" "updated" gauges. Anyway.. Thanks guys, sure hope this Winter Mod bug doesn't turn into a Flu...
Old 10-28-2005, 03:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it really is a 50/50 thing between Di Pricol or Isspro. They are both very nice gauges. I really like mine (Di pricol) and they seem to match my dash lights perfectly at night. I don't have any problems getting my pyro to move in a hurry...trust me.

I say flip a coin.......because you are going to get a thread full of... (i like my isspro's and the next guy saying i like my Di Pricol's)

You will be pleased with either one.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:42 AM

As you can see in my sig and gallery, I have the Di-Pricol. At the time that I ordered, Isspro only had the blue needle with the white face. Anyway, I think the Pricols are about an match in the daytime except for the pyro which has such a large center dial for some strange reason. My fuel pressure and boost gauges are lit fairly well. You just see a tiny bit of the white light from the bulb coming out from under the center. The pyro is a different story. The numbers at the top barely light at all. The needle lights up well though and I know where the numbers are so it can still be read. As far as it reacting slowly, I've heard that too, but since these are the only gauges I've ever used, I have nothing to compare it too.

All in all, I'm happy with what I have. No major complaints. If I had it to do over again I would probably have waited for the new Isspros to come out. They're a pretty darn close match in daylight and their illumination is better.

Texas CTD, does your pyro light up pretty well? I first just wired the LED in the back of it and got nothing so then I put the incandescent bulb in and that's what I'm using now. I can read it but it would be nice if it were a little brighter.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:57 AM

I just added ISSPROs a month ago, and I am very satisfied. They look great night and day. Both are good, you can't go wrong with either.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:25 AM

If you look a little longer at the diff between the two guages I notice the big center white dot! That made up my mind and the Isspro Ev's are the exact match. But I went against the grain and stuck them in the cubby hole and choose the chrome outer ring with bluey-greeney whatever color. Why would anyone want to mount them on the dash or A-Pillar I wonder? but to each's own
Old 10-28-2005, 07:43 AM

while i don't have either of the isspro or pricol [i have autometer ultralites] i like the isspro just for the fact that their pyro doesn't have the big white dot over the center of the gauge [and also, all their gauges are 270° sweep]
Old 10-28-2005, 07:56 AM

Go to www.dieselmanor.com and you will see what the Isspro's look like in the daytime and at night, all in color. I think the iss's look best and I have not been able to find a better price for three gauges and an a pillar mount than they have.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was planning to get Di-Pricol gauges, but after seeing the pictures below I think the Isspro gauges are a better match at night AND during the day.

From that site:

Isspro Daytime:

Isspro Nighttime:
Old 10-28-2005, 11:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailpipes
Texas CTD, does your pyro light up pretty well? I first just wired the LED in the back of it and got nothing so then I put the incandescent bulb in and that's what I'm using now. I can read it but it would be nice if it were a little brighter.

Mine lights up great. I have no problem seeing anytime...day or night. I do agree that the large white dot in the middle of the gauge makes it look a little different than the other two. I don't have a pic of them ....but mine are mounted in the cubby bin on the dash.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:25 PM

I have the diprocols and I love them. They match perfect eith the rest of the gauges day and night. As far as the pyro, I can make it move like a tach. Not slow at all. See my gallery for a pic of them in the cubby hole. Great place to mount the as they are out of the way and still very visible.

Travist
Old 10-28-2005, 01:56 PM

can't beat the identical sweeps of the isspro's........the big white dot on the dipricol's was the reason why i did not buy them.......
Old 10-28-2005, 09:20 PM

The pic that "HOSS" put up is a great pic!! I think Im prob gonna go with the Isspro's. That big white dot on the Di's really turns me off. I also like how clear the Isspro gauges look lit up. I also like the gauge combo kits that Dieselmanor put together, comes with everything you need.

Next thread will prob be about where to put the trans probe. Thats another 50/50 subject about the probe in the hot line, or the test port. Was on the comp last night for hours reading a lot of the posts about that subject . Thanks for the advice guys, hopefully I will be putting in an order soon, Have the Mopar diamond plate set up on its way , gotta let the wallet build up again .