3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Installed PPE Dual Fueler today

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will tell you guys how my pump works when my truck is finished on tuesday. From the sounds of this thread Im going to be a happy camper.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Banned

I hope you can speak your honest opion and wernt given this dual cp3 kit just to say only good things about it.

So R&D costs aside does it really look like a $4,000 setup?

Could this be build by a strandard fabracator guy that has good fab tools?

Lots of us here use these CTD to pull our modified cars/ trucks/ rockcrawlers/sand rails to the trail and can round up another CP3 and fab up some brackets/ lines and pulley's pretty easily and for ALOT less the $4,000

Does this kit look like something most of us can duplicate in our garage in 2 weekends?

I hope you give us and honest answer because $4,000 is alot of $$$ for what you get...and I do understand them trying to recoup some of their R&D costs back but $4,000 come awn.

I have read through all the dual cp3 threads and they seem to be the hot ticket on d-maxes but so far havent seen them to be as benificial on our CTD's. The only benifit Ive seen so far is stronger rail pressures and a little improvement is the old seat of the pants dyno but nothing thats been blowing people socks off and were still looking for the missing link to ultimate HP. Its like theres still something holding us back and only time will tell/

Thanks

Thanks
Old 12-29-2006, 07:45 PM

Holding us back from what?

If you want to just pull a jeep or rock crawler then a stock CP3 is all you'll ever need.

If you want to compete then a modified single or dual kit is the way to go.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:48 PM
DTR Advertiser

I got about 150 miles on it. So far I love it, starts good, no problems or codes. I am fighting a popping at wot around 2900 rpm. It is not rail press or timing. I am in the process of putting bigger supply lines between the filter and cp3s. I should be done tonight and test that. I have a date to dyno on the evening of the 3rd. I also need to fix my thermostat to keep from blowing the rear freeze plug tonight.I will post later. Tim
Old 12-29-2006, 07:50 PM

Tim,
Keep up the good work with that truck of yours!!
Those times are incredible. Maybe you'll be kind enough to lend some tuning secrets someday
Old 12-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Banned

Way to go tim those are great numbers. They make me feel good about the serious coin I put into my truck last week. I hope I am as Happy as you on tuesday when she returns. What kind of Injectors do you have on your 06 and how big. I got some huge ones from Ross at DDP. Everyone I talked to who has used DDP loves them.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:31 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Timinva
I got about 150 miles on it. So far I love it, starts good, no problems or codes. I am fighting a popping at wot around 2900 rpm. It is not rail press or timing. I am in the process of putting bigger supply lines between the filter and cp3s. I should be done tonight and test that. I have a date to dyno on the evening of the 3rd. I also need to fix my thermostat to keep from blowing the rear freeze plug tonight.I will post later. Tim
Awesome truck! I am also curious to hear how this turns out. Good luck, and let us know about the dyno results. At what point do you see the need for 2 supply pumps (one for each cp3?) How big of injectors do you think this kit W/ stock pumps is capable of?

Thanks
John

P.S. Did you get to add a little TST into the mix yet?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by BlackBeast
Way to go tim those are great numbers. They make me feel good about the serious coin I put into my truck last week. I hope I am as Happy as you on tuesday when she returns. What kind of Injectors do you have on your 06 and how big. I got some huge ones from Ross at DDP. Everyone I talked to who has used DDP loves them.

Tim has some of Dons flux 4+'s,i think
Old 12-30-2006, 10:01 AM

i dont know much about the ppe setup.(or either one for that matter) the top cp3(duramax) feeds the rail where the original did, but they use a t fitting in front of the rail. the ats setup, on the top cp3(duramax) it feeds the rail where the relief valve is. you can pull the relief valve or run it with it. not sure exactly how they are doing it with the valve, but it seems to be a better place to feed it. more efficient to me. does this sound right?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:38 AM

Why not run 2 modded pumps.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Redline Ram
Why not run 2 modded pumps.
I am speculating that would lead to way too high rail pressure, as I think Tim said even with the 2 stock cp3's Rp has the ability to stay very high. Two modded pumps may be overkill at this time, heck even a single big cp3 with a pressure box can destroy some injectors due to pressure spikes. Im no expert but I think we will need some stronger injectors to really push dual cp3's, but Im sure their in the works already. But hey Im just guessing, I have no clue, but time will tell.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:58 AM

What are the chances of getting one of those companies to sell me the kit minus the pump. I have two stock cp3s already. Would there be any problems doing this?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by W.F.O.
What are the chances of getting one of those companies to sell me the kit minus the pump. I have two stock cp3s already. Would there be any problems doing this?
That is the only way I would consider buying one. I have a spare cp3 as well.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:07 PM

WFO give me a call....

PPE will have the kits with the Dodge pump on the top.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:20 PM
chw

ppe sells the kit with one pump -700

i meant to say you can buy the kit with no pump for minus $700

Quick Reply: Installed PPE Dual Fueler today