3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

installed my injector nozzles today heres your write up

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that Tomeygun did a before and after injector thread over on the TDR, but I don't remember his findings off the top of my head.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:04 PM

Nice write up!
Old 09-27-2007, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by yfz04drt
. The only reason i went the injector route was because i dont want to run mutiple electronics. Just one programmer and injectors. .
That idea is actually hurting you. You need to add pressure, before or once you install your injectors.

Once I added my silverbullet to my truck I was expecting a bigger increase in power. I was then told that I need to add pressure in order to feed the new larger turbo and WOW were they right. Its not like im stacking 2 programmers I just added a pressure only box (mp8) to my Smarty and I picked up 60hp on the dyno and about 100 more tq and a much larger .

I would bet that I only picked up 20 hp from adding a Silverbullet which isnt a cheap turbo, but it shined once I added some pressure.

Whatever you do make sure you research it. There's no ill effects on adding pressure infact you have to add pressure to make everything work efficently and make your $$$$ work for you.

WAP I knew you wernt argueing, its all good
Old 09-28-2007, 07:06 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlowSixSpeed
That idea is actually hurting you. You need to add pressure, before or once you install your injectors.

Once I added my silverbullet to my truck I was expecting a bigger increase in power. I was then told that I need to add pressure in order to feed the new larger turbo and WOW were they right. Its not like im stacking 2 programmers I just added a pressure only box (mp8) to my Smarty and I picked up 60hp on the dyno and about 100 more tq and a much larger .

I would bet that I only picked up 20 hp from adding a Silverbullet which isnt a cheap turbo, but it shined once I added some pressure.

Whatever you do make sure you research it. There's no ill effects on adding pressure infact you have to add pressure to make everything work efficently and make your $$$$ work for you.

WAP I knew you wernt argueing, its all good

Good deal, some times its hard to tell exactly what people are sayin on here just cause you cant hear the tone of voice, egos can get in the way too, I just wanted to make sure that wasnt the case.

BTW, are you still runnin the toyos on your truck?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by SlowSixSpeed
There's no ill effects on adding pressure
I'm not so sure about that. I thought there were some people cracking the tips of their injectors with pressure boxes. I mean boxes with way to much pressure, not on optimal settings.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lcaad1249
I'm not so sure about that. I thought there were some people cracking the tips of their injectors with pressure boxes. I mean boxes with way to much pressure, not on optimal settings.
Yes and No their are people doing so and mainly they are adding pressure without filters 2 mircron and the nozzles get trash pushed at super high speed through their and you can only imagine how damaging that can be at times. If you were to stop a nozzle up and pressure builds up even more so then stock pressures and with added pressures of a fuel module then that pressure has to get releaved at a certain point somethings got to give and its usually a body or nozzle. Its like a coke can when empty you can start to crush the sides in and let em pop back out, crush em in pop back out well eventually that metal gets porous and week and what usually happens? It will get a crack or hole in it at the point of a crease.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:17 AM

Im waiting to see what rail pressures are at WOT before i buy a pressure box. I dont mind adding an mp8 to fine tune the presssure at all. I know of another truck with exact same setup except hes running a PPE hot on an 04.5 that has rail pressure of 25-26k at WOT. Im not adding pressure if thats my case. Also Im not sure but i think that the PPE adds pressure so that may be why his rail pressure is so high.