3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

installed my injector nozzles today heres your write up

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can feed them with the stock cp3, but the rail will be much easier to run dry.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 PM

how do i keep the rail fed?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:35 PM

That's some crazy money just for tips. I'd much rather buy a totally tested injector for that money.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:45 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlowSixSpeed
I have never seen dyno sheets on a CR before/after injectors.

I dont know if its because they dont give you the advertised hp or people regreat it because the HP per dollar wasnt a good after spending $1,000.

It seems injectors are more common place on 2nd gens and they have awesome results. My old 99 turned into a rocket once I added a set of Don's Mach 4. I know it game me the advertised hp.

A few years back you rarely heard of injectors on a CR. People said you didnt need tham as much as on a 2nd gen because the CR's have advanced electronics and can get the power in electronics instead of larger injectors. Its true since there's alot of members with 600hp+ on stock injectors, and next to impossable to get 500hp on a 2nd gen without injectors.

Yeah injectors will always add hp and thats a good thing it just seems like alot of $$$ for a small improvement.

You have a good point but there is a point where you more or less have to have injectors on a CR to reach a certain power level.

Another thing is if a smarty can get you close to 500 would you rather spend 900 bucks on a tst to break the 500 or go ahead and spend about a grand and get some 120ish sticks?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by chrleb1
That's some crazy money just for tips. I'd much rather buy a totally tested injector for that money.
and thats about all your gonna get with that money A injector, thats why i went with the nozzles a lot cheaper!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 3500_CTD
and thats about all your gonna get with that money A injector, thats why i went with the nozzles a lot cheaper!!!
Not with F1 sticks. You get a complete set of cleaned and tested injectors with modded tips for almost the same price.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by jrussell
Not with F1 sticks. You get a complete set of cleaned and tested injectors with modded tips for almost the same price.
yea they are your injectors tho they just change the nozzles and flow test them for you i already looked into that its not brand new injectors.
atleast i don't think they are.

Last edited by 3500_CTD; 09-26-2007 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-26-2007, 08:48 PM

Im awaiting the same injectors that Phil has. I dynoed recently with stock injectors and did 507 hp. When i get the injectors and a new clutch i plan to dyno again. This will tell me exactly how much power i get from the injectors.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:34 PM

The problem with changing tips on your stock injectors, you kinda don't know if one or two is hanging open (10% or so). With F1's, you get a complete high pressure tested injector set for $1200. I think that is cheap insurance, but that's just me.

So you spent a grand for nozzles and tools, and you used your old non-tested bodies. It's not much cheaper.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:31 AM

I bought some nozzles from a member on here. I cant let my truck set to send the whole injectors away. If I have issues at all or want anything bigger I will go with something from F1
Old 09-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 3500_CTD
yea they are your injectors tho they just change the nozzles and flow test them for you i already looked into that its not brand new injectors.
atleast i don't think they are.
Yes, they are my original injectors. Would you rather someone use a different set of remanufactured injectors for your sticks? I would much rather have my originals cleaned and tested with the new tips installed. Nobody sells brand new high performance injectors for the CR. F1 is as close as you'll get to new sticks.

Like chrleb1 said, you spent almost the same amount of money and didn't get your stock bodies checked out/tested and also had to install the tips yourself. I'm glad I used F1 because they did find out that one of my stockers was sticking. Went through Bob Wagner and Don turned them around in 24hrs.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by wap
You have a good point but there is a point where you more or less have to have injectors on a CR to reach a certain power level.

And that point would be over 600hp

Another thing is if a smarty can get you close to 500 would you rather spend 900 bucks on a tst to break the 500 or go ahead and spend about a grand and get some 120ish sticks?
Not from what I've heard about 120hp sticks.

120hp injectors at his level requries better supporting mods like a $1,300 cp3 mod and then all the other little odds and ends needed like rp gauges, sweet pusher pump and filters.

Like I said before there needs to be more real discussion on this topic. The members that are doing injectors need to post dyno results or track times instead of "oh it feels nice" I mean this was a big purchace and big project and we need more members describing their effects. A lot of us are looking for their next big purchace and we need good tech write up and id like to say thanks again to 3500_CTD for the great install instructions.

To get to 500hp I would go with a used TST off the classifides cheap and save the rest for something else.

120hp injectors at his level requries better supporting mods like a $1,300 cp3 mod and then all the other little odds and ends needed like rp gauges, sweet pusher pump abd filters.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:40 AM

I could not agree more. I have a stage 3 cp3 and all the other little things. I have a baseline before injectors. The only changes on my next dyno will be injectors and a clutch. The only reason i went the injector route was because i dont want to run mutiple electronics. Just one programmer and injectors. The injectors are waiting for me as we speak, just have to get the clutch, but i will do a write up on driveability and new hp numbers. BTW the injectors arent rated by hp but are supposed to be in the 120-150hp range.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:23 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlowSixSpeed
Not from what I've heard about 120hp sticks.

120hp injectors at his level requries better supporting mods like a $1,300 cp3 mod and then all the other little odds and ends needed like rp gauges, sweet pusher pump and filters.

Like I said before there needs to be more real discussion on this topic. The members that are doing injectors need to post dyno results or track times instead of "oh it feels nice" I mean this was a big purchace and big project and we need more members describing their effects. A lot of us are looking for their next big purchace and we need good tech write up and id like to say thanks again to 3500_CTD for the great install instructions.

To get to 500hp I would go with a used TST off the classifides cheap and save the rest for something else.

120hp injectors at his level requries better supporting mods like a $1,300 cp3 mod and then all the other little odds and ends needed like rp gauges, sweet pusher pump abd filters.

Agreed, there is more to it than just injectors but I am researching this topic too as I feel I am at the piont where I need sticks, a cp3 or two and some other things to get where I want to be. I wasnt tryin to argue, just simply stateing that sooner or later if you want big power you will have to go to injectors but I agree again on 600 hp is possible with a 3rd gen with electronics and the proper suporting mods.

Disclaimer on the 600 hp statemeny... results may vary.

yzf, I look forward to reading you findings.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wap
Agreed, there is more to it than just injectors but I am researching this topic too as I feel I am at the piont where I need sticks, a cp3 or two and some other things to get where I want to be. I wasnt tryin to argue, just simply stateing that sooner or later if you want big power you will have to go to injectors but I agree again on 600 hp is possible with a 3rd gen with electronics and the proper suporting mods.

Disclaimer on the 600 hp statemeny... results may vary.

yzf, I look forward to reading you findings.
I don't think the '06.5+ can even get to 600hp without sticks.

I'm gonna try stacking the new Quad, but by then I'll already have Flux 2's installed so can't really tell if just the electronics will be at 600hp.

Quick Reply: installed my injector nozzles today heres your write up