3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

installed injectors, now noisy

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you by passed TST...it only takes 2 minutes! You haven't mentioned that.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:48 PM

Do you have a rail pressure gauge? You could be getting some injector knock from to high of pressure. Not sure if thats the problem that your describing. Also maybe check the torque on the connector tube. I had a funny sound and some white smoke when i had a loose tube.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:59 PM

i haven't by passed the tst yet. my tubes and connectors are tight. no leaks
i do have a rail gauge, it used to sit around 26,000psi or a little more, but now it reads around 12-15,000psi when wot.looks like these injectors are very demanding now, more then my stage 3 can give it. so i am going to a dyno day tomorrow and will be playing with some setting to see if i can find a happy medium, or i will be going back to stock tips.i am not ready to do dual CP3's, and i really don't want that much HP.i want the truck to work good, but not willing to go that far.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pullin hard
i haven't by passed the tst yet. my tubes and connectors are tight. no leaks
i do have a rail gauge, it used to sit around 26,000psi or a little more, but now it reads around 12-15,000psi when wot.looks like these injectors are very demanding now, more then my stage 3 can give it. so i am going to a dyno day tomorrow and will be playing with some setting to see if i can find a happy medium, or i will be going back to stock tips.i am not ready to do dual CP3's, and i really don't want that much HP.i want the truck to work good, but not willing to go that far.
my single pump has no problems keeps up with my 200 hp sticks. sounds like you still have problems. Rob
Old 05-08-2009, 10:27 PM

Either the connector tubes didnt seat well or the injectors are leaking by. A stage 3 pump should have no problem keeping up. My stock pump can keep up with my 1.8s and all the electronics i can throw at it. 26k with x2 pressure
Old 05-08-2009, 10:54 PM

I have taken my TST completly off the truck trying to get this to stop.

I'm still going with the cross over tubes. They are supposed to be "crush to fit", whitch to some people means 1 time use only.

Next step will be sending the injectors off to be checked for balance by Don.

And I have heard that just installing tips on the CR injectors can throw off the balance as well.

J.D.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:26 AM

i am willing to bet that the tips i installed are not balanced.
are you talking about the feed tubes? i still don't know what you mean by cross over tubes.

oldsmokey, do you have a pressure box, and if so, what is it set at?
maybe i need to up the edge box, from 1 to maybe 2, to get a little more pressure?
Old 05-09-2009, 12:30 AM

on a side note, i put my tst to 1/0 tonight and it made better pressure.
maybe too much fueling
Old 05-09-2009, 12:58 AM

maybe its time to retire the edge for a MP8????
Old 05-09-2009, 07:24 PM

so i found a problem today on the dyno, it ran out of fuel mid pull, 2 times, so i called it quits. i guess the lift pump is getting tired, or i need to step it up. rail seems good,until it ran down to 0psi on the low pressure pump.
talk to a guy there today, had same set up as me, same year truck, last year and he said the noise mine makes is normal. i was a relief but i hate this noise.
anyway, not too good on the numbers, 475/908 was my best, running out of fuel, no meth.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have an appointment on tuesday to have a dodge diesel tech look over my fuel system.. Im having mixed feelings.. On one hand I hope he tells me I have an injector thats going so i know whats wrong.. and on the other I dont wanna pay for injectors so we shall see.. ticking be gone!!
Old 05-26-2009, 06:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Had my injectors balanced tested today. I have a bad #3 injector so I hope that is what is causing the majority of my rattle. Im gonna order another 120 from Industrial and hopefully it will cure my fuel system ills.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:38 PM

I just installed my Edge jammers and i have a bit more rattle but i barley notice it. Im no expert but mine was really noisey at the begining and now that i have driven a bit they are alot quieter. Maybe you have a unbalanced injector or something like that.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:36 PM

Or just a loose line clamp...
Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by JFlory
I have taken my TST completly off the truck trying to get this to stop.

I'm still going with the cross over tubes. They are supposed to be "crush to fit", whitch to some people means 1 time use only.

Next step will be sending the injectors off to be checked for balance by Don.

And I have heard that just installing tips on the CR injectors can throw off the balance as well.

J.D.
did you send your injectors to don??

Quick Reply: installed injectors, now noisy