3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Installed Edge EZ and now getting code P0193

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Edge EZ and now getting code P0193

I recently bought a used Edge EZ module and got it in this morning and installed it. It was already set to power level 4 and I left it that way so I could play around a bit before I turn it down to level 2 in interest of tire wear and fuel milage. After driving around 15 miles with it I stopped at a convenience store, turned off the truck, then turned it back on and the check engine light was on. I came home after work this evening and checked the codes using the on/off 3 times method, and it is showing code P0193, which I have found is fuel rail pressure high.

After reading a little bit of recommendations through a search on here I unplugged, made sure the connection was clean, and replugged in the fuel rail plug on the EZ and the stock plug into the EZ harness. I havent had a chance to find somewhere to clear the code yet, but Im wondering if Im going to hurt my truck severely by continuing to drive it with the EZ hooked up since it threw the code earlier today. The truck has acted just like it normally does (although it will haul some serious @$$ now that the EZ is on it!) so I didnt think I would be hurting anything too bad but I wanted to ask the experts here what their take on it was. Hopefully tomorrow I can find somewhere that will clear the code except for the dealer, they charge an arm and a leg for everything here!!

Thanks for any and all information given to me

Wes
Old 01-14-2008, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
P0193 is rail pressure too high

Could be a bad connection, unplug and reconnect, maybe use some dielectric grease on it.

If that is a no go, could be a rail pressure sensor gone bad...?

Just noticed your is 04...but I think it should all be the same.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the same issue with the EZ when I first plugged it into the rail pressure sensor. A little dielectric grease fixed the problem.

The code will clear after a few restarts (pending the issue is fixed).

MikeyB
Old 01-14-2008, 08:45 PM

I guess tomorrow between class and work I will go pick up some di-eletric grease at autozone and try to get them to clear the code for me.

Thanks guys

Wes
Old 01-14-2008, 11:54 PM

When I first installed my EZ, it threw the same code. I un-plugged it, un-hooked my battery terminals, and then threw on some di-electric grease...still threw the code...

Called Edge, they said that its a common code on various trucks that it will go away after so many key cycles (turning the truck on/off) After a few trips around town....the CEL went off and the code went away...
Old 01-15-2008, 12:42 AM

thanks for the info, thatll help me sleep a little easier!

Ill get the dielectric grease in the morning just to be sure it clears.

Thanks again guys

Wes
Old 01-21-2008, 05:10 PM

Ok guys, Ive put a lot of dielectric grease on all of the connections and am still getting the following codes at times: P0236, P0193. I have searched and found that these two are often caused by the MAP sensor and Fuel Pressure Sensor connections not having perfect contact. I started with a little bit of dielectric grease and it cured it for a short bit then the codes came back, so I put more dielectric grease in thinking I might have missed one of the prongs in the connection and again it went away for a short while but was quickly back. When it throws code P0236 it gets to where it seems like the turbo is never spooling up and makes near zero power. Unfortunately this weekened I needed to have this thing hooked up but got frustrated with it throwing codes and unhooked it, so that it didnt throw P0236 while I was towing a 7500 pound brick of a camper around and leave me with near zero power.

Please help me out, do I need to contact Edge and see if I can get new connections put on this box?

Wes
Old 01-21-2008, 06:21 PM

It can be connections but, typically re-seating them solves that issue. If you are having consistent problems then there is probably something wrong with the internals of the box and you need to get it fixed under warranty.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:23 PM

I had same problem when I had and edge/ Are you getting it after romping on it? or right away at start up?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by BigDave12768
I had same problem when I had and edge/ Are you getting it after romping on it? or right away at start up?
Its been mixed times. Sometimes it will be right at startup, sometimes after romping on it a bit. I bought the box used and so Im not sure if the warranty through Edge is still viable.

Qzilla, yes, most of the time reseating the connections works and clears the light, but 15 or 20 miles later one or the other code is thrown, sometimes both.

Thanks for the advice so far!

Wes
Old 01-22-2008, 12:37 AM

Can anyone else help out in any way?

Im going to try to contact Edge tomorrow to see what they can do for me

Wes
Old 01-22-2008, 07:57 PM

Called Edge today and I am sending it to them, they think it could be a faulty module. Hopefully they can fix it, otherwise they said they would offer me a new one at a discounted rate. Ill keep this updated on how the service with Edge is.

Thanks again for the replies everyone

Wes
Old 02-04-2008, 07:36 PM

Just thought I would update this in case anyone brings it up in the search later and to put an end to the situation. Edge called me last Tues and told me that they had my EZ and that it failed their test and had found "black silicone" inside. I dont know what exactly this means but it kinda makes me mad since I just bought it used, but Im going to give the seller the benefit of the doubt that he did not know of any issues before selling it to me.

They offered me a new one at a discounted rate, but I cant afford it right now, but they did tell me that the offer for a new one would stand so that if I ever did decide to do the upgrade to a new EZ or even to a Juice at the discounted rates they told me in the future.

So overall I think Edge treated me pretty well, they didnt have to offer me the discounted rates. Its just too bad that I cant use the EZ I just bought cause it throws codes all the time.

Wes
Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wes, PM sent.

MikeyB