3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Install of Quad std. box

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Install of Quad std. box

I thought I read somewhere here about installing the Quadzilla Standard box module somewhere specific to keep electronic interference to a minimum.
Is one location better then another?

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-25-2006, 09:40 AM

Just as far away as possible!!! If you follow there instructions you will guise the wiring harness into the cab by the Grommet that is on the drivers side of the truck's firewall right behind the fuel filter housing (slightly higher)!!! That will route the wiring just above the Fuel Peddal/Steering Column! Go From there!!! Good Luck and I hope that you either have long arms OR are short and have flexible knee's!!! Mine still hurt from sitting on the Valve Cover!! Worth it though!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the reply.I was thinking of putting the box under the steering wheel panel or below the glove box(behind that panel).
I know what you mean by being sore. I'm 42 and the next day it always feels like I started lifting weights again!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:15 AM

42------------Heck, I'm 24 and workout every night of the week and have not had this bad of a pain in my knees ever!!!!!! I used the Mounting Tape and placed it just to the Right of the Steering Wheel. There is a Flat portion on the Dash that allows me to look at the Lights when cranking up to make sure that I see the proper Green--Orange/Yellow----Orange/Yellow------!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:25 AM

Good point! I cant install it today though. Have to go to Sister in laws house.
My Brother in law is a "Bowtie guy".I asked Wife if I could install the quad box there.......... She just gave me "one of those looks"
It is also supposed to rain here tomorrow so I might have to wait until Wednesday
Try some Advil for your knees. Take three with food and it should help!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:27 AM

Cool

----- Install it and then take him for a ride!!! He will Convert ! 3 and I think that I would go into a Pain Releiver COMA !!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:28 AM

MASS-----Yep you will be getting some Heavy Rain if it is anything like what we have been getting here----HEAVYYYYYYYYYY!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:04 AM

Is this your Christmas present to you or your truck? My daughter/son-in-law/grandkids got me a STD box for Christmas. It's going on tomorrow. Too cold and windy here today to get it on. I have to work outside, the garage is too full to get the truck in right now.

After reading the instructions, looks like you could have that STD installed in the amount of time it takes for the Mrs. to get ready to go to her sisters place AND have time for a trial run. What are you looking at in time - an hour tops if you took your time?

So, once that's in, your next move - have you any plans of what to stack it with? That is actually the question my son-in-law asked me when I called them to thank them for the present. He is always looking at the next step, he thinks I should get a Smarty. That is the combo he is running, tearing up the east coast with it I would imagine. I forget the reason he did not get the race box, might have had something to do with towing, but he is really satisfied with his stack.

CD
Old 12-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Banned

mount it up as high as you can. i put mine next to the column where i was able to see the led through the gap is the piece above your knees.