3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

injectors???????????? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
injectors???????????? HELP!

Can you feel an injector knock through the fuel lines, because if I feel the #1 line it knocks like crazy, the other ones don't at all, well maybe a faint "feel" in the number six, but definitely not the other ones. The truck has been sounding really different between 1750-2100 rpm and every once in a while it will idle really rough and if I get out and listen to the sound from the pipe I can really hear the miss then when I start driving it will go away (comes really randomly). I haven't really noticed a change in performance, it has also given a black puff of smoke at start up since I've owned it (93000-119000 miles). I may have noticed it a few months back but I ran power service and I know cetane boost can change the sound a little. I normally drive with the windows down for the straight pipe, since it's gotten colder I've been driving with the windows up and have really noticed the knock. Also I swear while driving next to big highway dividers I can hear the echo of the knock through the exhaust.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:25 PM

feeling the fuel pulsing through #1 is normal. I had the same question, went to the dealer and started 4-5 new trucks and all were the same.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:58 PM

Was it extremely noticable in #1, because it's a night and day difference between it and any of the other lines. That does make me feel better that it's normal but at the same time it doesn't because something just doesn't feel right with the truck right now, wish I'd a bought a twelve valve so these problems would be a lot easier to find...... hahahahah. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:00 PM

Ya i found that my self one day and thought it was something, turns out its just to do with the line coming off the ends of the rail. also check your 8mm bolts that hold the lines together.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chwhit
Was it extremely noticable in #1, because it's a night and day difference between it and any of the other lines. That does make me feel better that it's normal but at the same time it doesn't because something just doesn't feel right with the truck right now, wish I'd a bought a twelve valve so these problems would be a lot easier to find...... hahahahah. Thanks in advance.
Look closer at the other lines and compare them to #1. #1 is the only line without a rubber line clamp/bracket so you will always feel much more "knock" going through that one.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:50 PM

I appreciate it fellas, I keep going back and forth with myself over if I have a problem or it's nothing. My truck definitely sounds different, but maybe it's because of the weather and fuel additives or something but I had no idea it would change (sound) this much. I appreciate all the help, you guys are awesome.