3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Info for Outlook monitor owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info for Outlook monitor owners

You may want to remove your monitors and see if your performance increases. I have had some problems that I couldn't seem to figure out. As a last ditch effort I completely removed the Outlook monitor and like a miracle my truck is a rocket again. I thought it was all in my mind that my truck started feeling sorta sluggish after installing the outlook monitor. I then couldn't figure out why the Quad boostfooler caused my truck to lose power when hooked up and then I purchased a Quad XZT box and lost significant power when stacked with the BDTD with crazy larry. With the Outlook removed I am running a little scared without gauges but my truck is amazingly fast. I think the monitor loaded the signals down and distorted them before they got to the PCM and put the truck into limp mode. Please let me know if you are having similar problem. Thanks, Tom J.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:06 PM

Outlook

I've noticed the monitor likes to de-fuel the truck as soon as you excelerate. Even from a stoplight. I might take mine out and see what happens.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:20 PM

No issues on my truck, at least none I've noticed.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:14 AM

BigJohnston I know what your saying i could not figure mine out at first.I put the QUADZILLA boostfooler on mine same thing your talking about. So i took it off put it on my buddies truck no outlook runs real good! I went back through and reloaded the update on mine seems to have worked for me.The OUTLOOK cant see the extra boost because its no machinal gauge it tricks it you proble see 20 psi thats it right? IF this dont help PM ME
Old 03-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah Ive called bullydog about the same thing, and the only thing that I can figure is to dyno it both ways. I also am having some issues with running the quad boost fooler and the bullydog together. Im just not producing the same boost #'s (mechanical guage). Havent really had time to really try to figure it out. But without the boost fooler my truck overboost code comes on and the truck defules under hard acceleration . I dont know what to do, but I may be saving and getting something completely different.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:21 AM

OK First thing, This is not an indication problem..........

I am talking about 20-30hp loss when using just the BDTD and Outlook together and a 60-80hp loss when using the BDTD, Outlook and Quad ZXT together. The outlook monitor seems to be over loading the sensor signals to the point the PCM doesn't recognize them properly or they look too hot and truck defuels.

All l know is before with Outlook, BDTD, and Quad XZT installed I could floor my truck from a stop and it was not as fast as when I had just the Superchips installed. I never reached the programmed defuel pyro temp and there was no smoke!

With Outlook removed truck smokes like crazy and excellerates like a rocket. Night and Day difference at least 60-80 more horsepower.

There is a test that I have done with every vehicle I have owned for the last 10 years. On my way home I see how fast I can get from were I pull out on the highway to certain road sign approx 1/8th mile.

Superchips: 87mph
BDTD(crazy larry) w/Outlook: 82mph
BDTD(crazy larry) w/Outlook and Quad XZT: 80mph
BDTD(crazy larry) w/Outlook and Quad boost fooler: 78mph
Just BDTD(crazy larry) and Quad XZT: 89mph+