3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Infinity Kappa 6x9's will they fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infinity Kappa 6x9's will they fit?

I know that the Kappa 6x9's will not just pop in like some speakers. Has anyone gotten a set of these in their front doors. Will a set of spacers work, or will they hit the door panel? Any response will be greatly appreciated. They have a 3 1/4 inch mounting depth. Just don't want to shell out the cash on ebay, and have them not fit.

Mike
Old 08-12-2004, 12:02 PM

They may fit...the only problem with a spacer is loosing clearance on the front of the door. I scrapped the 6x9 effort and went with 6.5's since I really did not need the extra cone size with my subs.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:43 PM

I have a set in mine. They sound good with the stock head unit but you have to drive them to get really good sound from them. I better head unit or amp would do them real justice. I used the spacers off of the front of the stock speakers to space the Infinity's out enough to fit. I still had to bend the metal in the hole just a little with some Channelocks. They clear the windows inside the door. If you had some spacers just a tap deeper than the stock spacers, you probably wouldn't have to bend the metal around the hole. They are a major improvement over the stock speakers even with the stock head. Highs are sizzling and lows are waaayyyy low. I almost went with the big Alpines but the midrange is too bright for my liking.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:38 AM

Hannibal,

Which Kappas do you have, the coaxial or triaxial? 6x9 right?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 08-14-2004, 11:59 AM

Mine are triaxials. Not sure if they're needed. The coaxials would probably do fine. They are 6X9". I got them at Circuit City. I also bought two 5.5"? for the rear if I'm remembering the size right. The rears are coaxial. I can't hear them from the front but back seat passengers have said they sound good.
Correction... Mine are 6X9 "Reference" Infinity's front and 5.25s in the rear. Go to circuitcity.com and you can check out the specs on them.
I just went and looked on e-bay

http://search.ebay.com/infinity-car-speaker

and the Kappa's don't look like they'll fit. They look like they mount from behind the mounting surface and the Reference's mount either way. I might be missing something looking at the Kappa's but check them out. The basket looks like it's huge on the Kappa's like they wouldn't fit down in a hole but will reach up to a hole like the rear deck of a car.