3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I'm Still Grinning...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:18 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking I'm Still Grinning...

Back to my smoking at night problem(the clouds when you romp it in headlights behind you). This week I had a new CP3 put on because of leaking and I also got a XZT. Plugged it in at work and started my drive home. It's just the right power for my new found more mellow tastes. Anyhow, at a stoplight, I had been near a bumpity bump bump ricer, and wouldn't you know it he was stopped about two cars back off of my right rear corner(stock exhaust exit point still). As the light went green I clicked it into 2nd and pulled away. Then to 3rd . About half throttle the whole time. Then as traffic was starting to pull away I gave it a little more and into 4th. As I normally would by now I started accelerating hard, forgetting about the NEW addition to the electronics, and WHOOSH! with a great sound, a HUGE cloud rushed out of my exhaust and right into his window. Who has there window down in 35 degree weather, honestly? Anyways, I'm still grinning about that. Where's my camera?

Hey, my exhaust tip is that big for a reason!

Chris
Old 12-06-2007, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats the next best thing to being able to legally run those little rice burners over. I live near the beach and during the summer we get all the kids with their bone stock Hondas with the coffee can exhaust tips that think they have some kind of high end sports car. I smoke em out every chance I get.

Nice Job....
Old 12-06-2007, 10:20 PM

That's really funny. I don't get much smoke so I guess I will not have one of these stories, but hey, YOU can smoke 'em for me while you're at it.

I did however one time smoke all the tires at a puke in a Honda. I just could not resist, and I might add it was very out of character for me. He screwed with me at every traffic light for about a couple miles of them. Finally I had enough, flipped on the girlie switch, rowed every other gear, totally cleaned his clock - does that count?

CD
Old 12-06-2007, 10:26 PM

i have to say i like my dual exhaust cause i can smoke people no matter what lane they are in. ricers are going to hate me once the smarty gets here and it gets stacked with the tst.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by CD in NM
That's really funny. I don't get much smoke so I guess I will not have one of these stories, but hey, YOU can smoke 'em for me while you're at it.

I did however one time smoke all the tires at a puke in a Honda. I just could not resist, and I might add it was very out of character for me. He screwed with me at every traffic light for about a couple miles of them. Finally I had enough, flipped on the girlie switch, rowed every other gear, totally cleaned his clock - does that count?

CD
ya, i believe that counts, especially if it's out of character
Old 12-07-2007, 09:15 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
We had our last race nite of the season at the track a week ago Wed. As I was standing out by my truck a "Mugen" prepped Honda was in the lane next to me and had his hood up and a bunch of his friends were around. He had a really sharp looking engine bay and I told him so and paid the compliments. He was really grinning so I asked him how he was doing and what he was running. He shot his chest out and proudly exclaimed he was in the low 15's!! I told him that's cool as his friends were all happy and that, so I started to turn to leave when one of them asked me what I was running, so I pointed at my CTD and said oh, just that big ol' one ton truck there. They all giggled and the honda owner kinda pointed and said, yeah what are YOU running? I was trying to be humble here and said, I don't think you really want to know. They were after me yeah c'mon give it up. so I pulled my last time slip and showed them the 13.7. they were shaking their heads and saying no way. Then the guy I beat in that race who had a SVT lightning with supercharger and nitrous walks over and says yeah, he beat me. The looks were just precious!! I love my CTD!!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hehehe o that is fun stuff right dem ther soul
Old 12-07-2007, 09:20 AM

Old 12-07-2007, 09:23 AM

now that there is funny!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:14 AM

its not by the way
Old 12-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Patrolman808
Must be a diesel owner preacher! that is funny rit der!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:23 AM

^^^that there is way funny!!!