3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I'm going INSANE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteSport600
So why would this setup cause an injector to fail? If an injector is gonna fail then it would regardless. I'm not worried about it at all..
It shouldnt cause an injector to fail
but

there are some common rail motors (stock and otherwise) that had an injector just decide to fail and torched a hole in the piston

correct , if its gonna fail , its gonna fail

seen the pictures, its not pretty
just hackn on ya

I could torch a hole just as easy just as quick
yours maybe would be a bit bigger thats all (if it happened at all)
Old 02-02-2005, 10:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Not to hijack your thread, but with short times like that, you must have sure done some good suspension work. I have a '91 coupe with a 393 in it that I put a 200 shot of nitrous on. It went 10.14@136, with STOCK suspension. Short times were in the 1.57 range. When I say stock I mean stock-right down to stock struts and shocks. The front swaybar was removed-that's it. Now, it has a granatelli tubular k member, granatelli coilovers and tubular control arms, and wolfe racecraft rear upper/lower control arms and swaybar. 90/10's up front, 50/50 drag shocks in back. I bet it'll hook now! I also got the heads ported by bennett racing. They were box stock victor jr's, now with benett's stage 2 porting. Hoping to go 9.70's. All this is with a 3.55 gear and exhaust all the way to the rear bumper.

On your car-those mod motors are known to stay together with insane power on a stock bottom end, exactly like what you're doing. I'm just blown away with how hard your car hooks on a drag radial. All my times are with slicks. I'd love to see some pics of your car sometime, especially of the rear suspension stuff. Do you drive yours on the street much?
Old 02-02-2005, 12:07 PM

WhiteSport600, that sounds awsome, I will be staying tuned to see your results. Have Question though, what is the new version of the SledPuller 66. I've had one on for about a month now and it absoulty rocks . Just curious why the updated version, was there something wrong the original version. The Sledpuller should be awsome with set up though, Iv'e been thinking it also might be a good top turbo for a twin set up too....
Old 02-02-2005, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by bearww
WhiteSport600, that sounds awsome, I will be staying tuned to see your results. Have Question though, what is the new version of the SledPuller 66. I've had one on for about a month now and it absoulty rocks . Just curious why the updated version, was there something wrong the original version. The Sledpuller should be awsome with set up though, Iv'e been thinking it also might be a good top turbo for a twin set up too....
They are changing it so that it will accept the stock 4" downpipe on the 04.5's...
Old 02-02-2005, 02:19 PM

v8440--- The mustang has AJE tubular front end w/coil overs & spindle mount wheels, Aerospace brakes all around, the rear has HP Megabite SR control arms upper and lower w/ Wolfecraft anti-roll bar. The car weighs 3050lbs w/ driver at full race weight and 4.10 rear gears. It's best 60' was 1.29 on slicks with the front wheels about 3ft in the air! It is no street car though, the chassis was completely purpose built for this. Next season it's gonna be a 10.5 outlaw car w/ a Tim Lynch built 440 small block on alcohol, FAST injected, and an F-3R blower. Looking for 2000hp and mid to low 7's on 28x10.5 tire...
Old 02-02-2005, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by AK RAM
Not that what your doing is good for longevity...if that is a concern (doesn't sound like it), but the only thing really stressing the injector is pressure. I think you may be Ok there. Probably the only thing you really have to worry about, other than less than perfect internal parts letting go, is your head gasket. We use to run the timing as much as 21 degrees advanced on the older trucks, as much as 17 degrees advanced for thousands upon thousands of miles. Doesn't (on the older trucks) hurt a thing. The extra timing your getting from stacking the downloader with the TST may be just what that extremely extended injection event needs to work properly and I don't think with both combined your even getting close to 21 degrees. Could be wrong though as I don't know what the downloader does for sure as far as timing. But like I mentioned, your head gasket is what will likely fail first with timing that advanced and that much fuel.....same results as running to much water/meth or propane. You think it is fast now, just wait until you get that 66 on there. I sure would like to go for a ride to see how that feels.

Brian
Thanks for the info and opinion, I'm actually surprised at the interest and support I'm getting for all this. I figured that if/when the head gasket goes it will just be time for fire-ringing and more improvement. That's the way I look at modification of any vehicle. If it breaks, it's room for improvement. The timing issue seems to be the only thing that causes problems with this setup. When you turn up the TQ side of the TST it causes soooo much heat instantly, but also a huge difference in power. For now I'm keeping her under 1450egt and having a blast. I can't wait for the 66 to get here...

When I raced the Camaro, it was from about a 50mph roll, and I left it in 6th so that I wouldn't have to shift. It was just a Power-to-weight ratio contest. I was really impressed with the Dodge though...
Old 02-02-2005, 04:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
v8440--- The mustang has AJE tubular front end w/coil overs & spindle mount wheels, Aerospace brakes all around, the rear has HP Megabite SR control arms upper and lower w/ Wolfecraft anti-roll bar. The car weighs 3050lbs w/ driver at full race weight and 4.10 rear gears. It's best 60' was 1.29 on slicks with the front wheels about 3ft in the air! It is no street car though, the chassis was completely purpose built for this. Next season it's gonna be a 10.5 outlaw car w/ a Tim Lynch built 440 small block on alcohol, FAST injected, and an F-3R blower. Looking for 2000hp and mid to low 7's on 28x10.5 tire...
Oh Jesus God! Mine is street all the way-I have an 8 pt cage in it and subframe connectors. The power locks and windows still work. I have a cd player in it, but it skips at certain engine speeds because of the solid motor mounts I think. Hell, all the A/C stuff is still in the dash-I plan to put working a/c back in it. The heater also still works. Your's is a little heavier than I expected. Before ANY heavy suspension stuff was replaced (front k member for example), mine weighed 2900 w/o me. It was about 3100 with me, and my engine has a regular old iron production block. Until I got annoyed with the booster being in the way, the power brakes still worked fine. It has a circle track solid cam-I forget the exact specs, but it's reasonable enough to work power brakes on a 393. Here's the part I'm proudest of-I ran 10.14 on STRAIGHT 93 OCTANE! Yep-that includes the 200 shot, both it and the carburetor drawing from the same fuel cell. I have the msd box set to pull 7 degrees out of it when I spray it.

Anyway, mine will never be as fast as yours, especially after the 440 smallblock goes in. What block is yours gonna be based on-the r302?

I have a mopar perf r3 block I'm toying with the idea of building up and turbocharging. Probably a 91mm turbo and a fast system or equivalent, and putting it in the mustang. Don't you know that would **** the ford faithful off-a mopar smallblock running pretty quick in a mustang!
Old 02-02-2005, 05:22 PM

My power locks and windows still work, and it still has a CD player, though no rear speakers. The reason its a little on the heavy side is because the water to air intercooler requires nearly 50gal of ice water. Also the 4.6 is a heavy engine even though it is all aluminum. The alcohol setup next year allows me to delete the I/C and the 440 block is an aftermarket aluminum race block so it is lightweight as well. Also the SN-95 mustangs are 500lbs heavier than a Fox body to begin with. I've seen alot of Chevy's in Mustangs, but a MOPAR??? hey, that's cool too.....

This is what it looked like last year.

This is this year, I had to get a new hood to clear the sheetmetal intake and the new bumper is for aerodynamics at 190mph!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 05:23 PM

There's no engine in it in those pics... It is MUCH lower with the engine/blower installed.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:43 PM

That looks pretty cool Whitesport. Mr Lynch is the man. It doesn't look like your car will be legal to run under 8.50 without the Funny Car cage. Have you updated it since the pictures. Are you racing with FFW or NMRA or just local stuff. Sevens are really fast Blown Alky is always cool. I've never seen a blow through EFI set-up on alky b4. Keep us updated
Old 02-02-2005, 11:00 PM

Next season it's gonna be a 10.5 outlaw car w/ a Tim Lynch built 440 small block on alcohol, FAST injected, and an F-3R blower. Looking for 2000hp and mid to low 7's on 28x10.5 tire...
Not to be too much of a pain here, but Steve Petty acutally builds Tim's engines. Those guys certainly have it figured out. You get that car of yours into Outlaw territory, and you'll have to come down to the southeast or a few races. I'd like to see it in action.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:54 PM

I just say that it is a Lynch engine because most people don't know who Steve Petty is.
It'll be at the World Street Natl's in Orlando next fall for sure. Oh and it is certified to 7.50 and hopefully I'll be knocking on that door. I'll get some pics when the engine is back in it and in one peice. There are 3 or 4 Procharger/Alky combos running around, but they're all big blocks, Mark Micke runs an F-3R and a BBC in a 68 Camaro on Alky http://www.procharger.com/racing-news/04overview.html
Old 02-03-2005, 09:58 PM

I've got a '93 coupe w/ 440 small block(Dart block 4.125 bore/4.100 stroke) It would cut 1.27 60ft on a 28x10.5 with stock style rear setup. The car went 5.72 on the little motor(stock block 410) last year w/ a little .028 pill. Hoping for 5.80s N/A on the big motor this year. There are several quick Mustangs in the area www.dfwstangs.com
Old 02-04-2005, 11:23 AM

Ahhh DFW is the street Mustang Capital of the country... I could only dream of 1000hp street cars meeting for a little action on the streets.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by bearww
Sounds like you like your 66, how much improvement did you see on the egt and what about surging or barking issues if any.

Quick Reply: I'm going INSANE!!!