3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

ijrdp Please Look Inside!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ijrdp Please Look Inside!!!!

Hey, I got your PM but, you have recieving Pm's back turned off!!!

Hope its ok with you but, I just copied and pasted the whole thing here so if you are frustrated and in a mad dash you do not have to wait any longer!!!

Let me know if this helps or not.

Originally Posted by ijrdp
Hey, I just picked up my new Xzillaraider standard box today and ran into a problem on install.

The truck is a basicly stock 2007 ram with the 5.9L engine.

So, I hooked everything up (except the data link connector) and mounted the switch, checked the lights, and everything looked good so far.

I tried to start the truck and it would just turn over. No fire. Sounded like the pump was running but no start. So, I disconected the box and installed the bypass plug. It started, but idled like crap. I didnt dare try to drive it like that. I noticed at this point that the check engine light had been kicked on. So I checked all the connections and tried again. Same results ensued. I went ahead and returned the truck to stock. It started and ran fine, short of still having the check engine light on.

This was all driving me nuts so I took a break. An hour later I tried it all again only to have the same exact results (I think that is the deffinition of insanity!)

So, I am stumped. The box seems to fire up correctly, and flashes the leds in the right sequence but when everything is plugged in, it just doesnt start. The box is brand new in a sealed package from thoroughbred diesel.

I have heard nothing but great things about this product, so have this happen is an absolute shocker. I even did a web search for problems and didnt find anyone that had this problem. Any suggestions?
99% of the time it ends up being one of the fuel plugs is turned 180 degrees.

Most of the time the stock plug is plugged into our molded plug backwards. On our molded plug there are 2 tabs. Once is shaped sort of like a triangle and the other is more U shaped and has no ramp at all to it. Our people are supposed to cut the U shaped part off of the molded plug but, that does not happen all the time.

So make sure that the locking tab on the stock plug is going on the triangle shaped ramp type part on the top of our molded connector.

Once you do that it should fire up and run correctly.

If that does not work let me know. We basically never have a DOA but, it can happen and occasionally I think UPS or Fed EX zaps some stuff via xray or something??

Quad