3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

If you had only one Box

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you had only one Box

Ok new to the forum (forums make me spend money
I have a 2005 quad cab 4x4 3500 only thing i've did so far was put on a 5 inch exhuast. Ive been In the market for a performance box since I bought it but theres so many out there which is best for all around performance. I dont tow very much when I do its only a 6800 pound load. And I really like the off the line power. Im kinda partial to the Edge Juiced with Monitor because of the clean apperance and guages. What box would you all recomend. Keeping in mind im a horsepower junky and my other ride is a drag car
Ive read alot on here before I posted hope you dont mind the question im sure you've all heard before. WHich box would you buy if you were (pretty sure you would only be buying 1.
Thank you all for any help given
Israel Sweeney
Old 11-19-2005, 05:18 PM

TST! It's the most adjustable and powerful box out there. It can grow with you as you build your truck. All the really high powered trucks I've seen are running TSTs.
Of course I like my Quadzilla Race Box too. It stacks well with my Van Aaken ...
Old 11-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Tire Hater

TST by far. It's the highest-hp box available, but it can play nice at lower power levels. It's adjustable on the fly, you can get it with a pyro and have temperature-based defueling. I hear their new box even has a turbo-timer function. It's a great box, but it's also, by far, the most expensive. But you get what you pay for IMO. Install is a little time-consuming reguarding the camshaft position sensor (you'd have to be a double-jointed midget to get to the camps easily). But once it's on it's great. I've tried a few boxes, and so far I love the TST w/ early twins program and my TS-Performance MP-8 stack. I usually run around town on 1-1 (timing only) and no fuel pressure, and it takes a grand total of 5 seconds to set the tst to 5-5 and up the pressure to be ready to race. I'm putting out 478whp on 37" tires with the tst-mp8 stack, on the stock fuel system (running dry now, need a FASS).
Old 11-19-2005, 06:43 PM

so probably money ahead to just buy one with the FASS pump from the getty up
Old 11-19-2005, 06:47 PM

hey john and isreal; check this gut out when you want to order stuff. stupid low prices steve rossi 254-493-3926 or www.pt-motorsports.com.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Tire Hater

Yup, plus most say you get better MPG with the FASS system as well. The only thing I could possibly think of is you'd get better MPG because the fuel that isn't used by the pump is used to cool the pump, and with a FASS you'd have alot more flow by the pump, lowering it's temperature and making it more efficient (and putting less strain on the engine). You can get the FASSII, which is pump only if you didn't want extra filtration, and you can always upgrade to the filtering system later. If you plan on going with a large single, when ordering I'd ask for the Twins Program. There are 2 versions, one starts adding fuel at 4psi and is at full fuel by 12. It's pretty agressive. The other twins program starts at 5 and ends at 20, if I remember correctly.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Banned

Israel Sweeney,

Edge Juice/Attitude with the HOT option, 180 HP and gauges and shift on the fly etc etc.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 11-19-2005, 09:59 PM

3rd gen + horsepower junkie = TST no doubt!!
Oh yeah and a tranny and turbo, but only if you want to really get a fix.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:31 PM

So who has the best price on the TST with the cool down timer and FASS?

You guys are pretty convincing
Iz
Old 11-19-2005, 10:32 PM

Mark,
I called Edge Products inquiring about the Hot program and couldnt get any straight answer out of them is this something that another company loads in?
Thanks
Old 11-19-2005, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have tried the following performance products.

DR Performance Stage II box
Edge Juice/Attitude
Quad XZillaraider Race box
HOT Juice/Attitude
Edge EZ
TST PowerMaxCR R49 w/Twins program
Bully Dog Triple Dog Downloader

HOT Juice/Attitude was a very good box and stacked with the EZ and FASS/SPS66 turbo was very good consistent power.

I now am running the TST as my primary box. It is the most adjustable and stackable to build the most usable power. I was told in the beginning to get the TST, but I am kind of hard headed and proved to myself the hard way that it was the best overall high hp performance box. Just my .02.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Tire Hater

I kind of did what RamWheels did. Merrick told me to get the TST right off the bat. I ended up getting the bullydog downloader, then stacked it with the MP-8 (which made pretty good horsepower, but smoked alot even driving softly). The TST and MP-8 doesn't smoke at all. Period. Zip. Nada. Nothing. Unless you want it too, then it will smoke all you want. I'll get a video of me doing a drive-by-sooting of the camera man on the side of the road with the TST on 9x9 and the MP--8 on 100%. Teehee.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Israel Sweeney
So who has the best price on the TST with the cool down timer and FASS?

You guys are pretty convincing
Iz
I know TST (www.tstproducts.com) has package deals with their box and a FASS listed on their site. Almost everyone carries the FASS these days, so any TST dealer can probably work you a deal on a package.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:51 AM

any video yet john? make it a good one man.!!!! drive by sooting i love it
Old 11-20-2005, 12:19 PM

Another recomendation for the TST here

Quick Reply: If you had only one Box