3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I put on my 22.5's!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...spagenameZWDVW

Says hood till present....
Old 05-26-2006, 08:03 PM

Does a Ram Air Hood (that is pressurized) work with my AFE Stage 2, or do I have to somehow juryrig something to make it work? I am a little confused by the website and their use of an airbox.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:10 PM

That I am not sure of.....
Maybe, Ask Big Bob (On here) or send a note to the seller...
Old 05-26-2006, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awsome looking rig love the wheels and tires BTW what you do with the old wheels ? or simulators looking for a set if you want to sell them vato117@bellsouth.net
Old 05-27-2006, 06:56 AM

yes it works. If I remember right the stage 2 has the rubber around the top of the airbox. there is a hole in the hood that dumps right into the airbox and the rubber pretty much seals the box off when you close the hood.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Argo
yes it works. If I remember right the stage 2 has the rubber around the top of the airbox. there is a hole in the hood that dumps right into the airbox and the rubber pretty much seals the box off when you close the hood.
So you think it would be something worth using with my AFE Stage 2 then ?
Old 05-27-2006, 01:12 PM

definately, instead of pulling in air from the fender or hot air from inside the engine compartment, it would be forced in through the hood scoop and shot directly into the AFE box.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Argo
definately, instead of pulling in air from the fender or hot air from inside the engine compartment, it would be forced in through the hood scoop and shot directly into the AFE box.
That would definitely be nice! Now I have to see if their hoods fit an '06 yet
Old 05-27-2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by MegaRam
Looks Righteous..!
That thing is a real beauty! If you don't mind my asking, how much were the 8 to 10 adapters? Also the wheels? My truck is lifted 6" on 38" toyo MT's and i'm due for tires again and am considering going to the 10 luggers.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by sandtazam
That thing is a real beauty! If you don't mind my asking, how much were the 8 to 10 adapters? Also the wheels? My truck is lifted 6" on 38" toyo MT's and i'm due for tires again and am considering going to the 10 luggers.
I cannot recommend them enough! But someone did not read my first post in this thread!! The wheels, tires (a $400 upgrade for the 255/70 Sumitomo Traction tires which are GREAT by the way), adapters AND shipping were $5,000 to my door (well actually to the Watkins Freight place where I couldn't wait and went and picked them up myself !

I will recommend AGAINST putting them on yourself; your back will THANK YOU!!

I absolutely love them, I could not be happier. You do have to get them balanced once they are on the truck since that is the only way they can be balanced. Semi tires do not get balanced before installation. Even unbalanced, I can cruise at 75 (which now only take 1900 RPM) with no wobble.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Banned

To answer the question if the '03-'05 SRT hood will fit the '06, yes it will. That also includes any aftermarket hood. I checked into this before I ordered my '06 as I will be putting my SRT hood on it that is now on my 04.5.

And one more thing. The SRT style hood and the one's like Big Bob has do not help with air intake. Scotty (of the ram air fame) did some testing and found that these style of hood scoops are in a poor position for a ram air affect. They help some with under hood temps but really do not help with breathing.

They just look good.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by phloop
To answer the question if the '03-'05 SRT hood will fit the '06, yes it will. That also includes any aftermarket hood. I checked into this before I ordered my '06 as I will be putting my SRT hood on it that is now on my 04.5.

And one more thing. The SRT style hood and the one's like Big Bob has do not help with air intake. Scotty (of the ram air fame) did some testing and found that these style of hood scoops are in a poor position for a ram air affect. They help some with under hood temps but really do not help with breathing.

They just look good.
I figured as much. There is one hood in particular that I love. I am glad to know that the hoods have not changed!
Old 05-28-2006, 05:05 PM

If I ever make it up your way I'm going to have to look you up.

Or, if you make it towards Texas with the Lambo look me up.

I think I finally found a DTR member that can take my little truck.

D.Wiggs the standing mile is actually one of the things I set my half ton up for.

It's at about 5lbs per HP right now.

But, its still heavy compared to any car. None the less I'd still like to try you in the mile. (That's me trying to cahllenge a LAmbo in a mile race)

October there is an event in Goliad Texas called the "Texas Mile"

I'm planning on about 180mph maybe higher. I try not to be too optimistic. (I'm a born sinic). I guess I need to go for 190 to try and keep up.

Keep me informed on the Lambo and how it performs when completed.

This post is all in fun and not meant to offend anyone.

That is one well thought out Lambo and I hope you get all that you strive to obtain.

Good luck and by all means be safe.

~Wes~
Old 05-28-2006, 06:47 PM

I just went on a 1200 mile round trip filled up once before leaving town and gauge is still on full. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you guys I have a 90 gallon auxillary tank. But anyway, I noticed a lot better mileage at 60 MPH over 70 MPH and then even worse at higher speeds. I think trucks are geared too low even with 3.77 gears. Taller tires or less gear. I don't think you can get the gear.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Crawler
If I ever make it up your way I'm going to have to look you up.

Or, if you make it towards Texas with the Lambo look me up.

I think I finally found a DTR member that can take my little truck.

D.Wiggs the standing mile is actually one of the things I set my half ton up for.

It's at about 5lbs per HP right now.

But, its still heavy compared to any car. None the less I'd still like to try you in the mile. (That's me trying to cahllenge a LAmbo in a mile race)

October there is an event in Goliad Texas called the "Texas Mile"

I'm planning on about 180mph maybe higher. I try not to be too optimistic. (I'm a born sinic). I guess I need to go for 190 to try and keep up.

Keep me informed on the Lambo and how it performs when completed.

This post is all in fun and not meant to offend anyone.

That is one well thought out Lambo and I hope you get all that you strive to obtain.

Good luck and by all means be safe.

~Wes~

WOW!!! Sounds like you have yourself one hell of a rig!!! I would love to meet up if we are ever in the same area. I plan on doing one of those mile events, like the Goliad you mentioned. I am not sure if it will be this year, but if I do go, I will certainly let you know!

Quick Reply: I put on my 22.5's!!!!