3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

I need some convincing...still use the original beta programs

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need some convincing...still use the original beta programs

Yup, still use beta 4.4 to this day, 4.3 and 4.2 on occasion, when the revo and TNT first came about, it acted mighty strange on my truck, and its been a long time since Ive been able to get on here and read. Tell me Marco has got it all ironed out....Im sorry I know ya'll probably have went through this so many times, but its been eating at me lately, the 4.4 has been such a great program, and Im curious now how much better the revo/TNT is or isnt.

If I were to go to the TNT or revo, will I be able to go back to the beta down the road or will it be history? Decisions, decisions
Old 09-03-2013, 09:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You can actually upgrade to the SO6 POD for free but once you do you can't go back. This will allow you to upgrade to UDC. A program you can write your own tunes with. I haven't used it or upgraded to UDC myself. My truck will snap the speedo with the quickness. I see no need to mess with it....LOL
Old 09-03-2013, 10:05 PM

I see lol I'd like that, but is it as good on the 03-04s now? The original TNT I did about 10 program combinations but never got the misfire to go away in 2nd gear when I stomped it, and 3rd-6th were gutless so I gave up. I know fixes were on the way since then...

Do you still have to send it off for the POD or is it a download now?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112
I see lol I'd like that, but is it as good on the 03-04s now? The original TNT I did about 10 program combinations but never got the misfire to go away in 2nd gear when I stomped it, and 3rd-6th were gutless so I gave up. I know fixes were on the way since then...

Do you still have to send it off for the POD or is it a download now?
You can download it. Once you do it though you won't be able to run the beta programs you like.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:59 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought POD was a firmware difference. I know I watched Marco take my smarty apart and snap something in to get POD.

Rip, the early TNT versions did have some bugs for some trucks. Marco wrote me a TNT program that modified the timing curve to eliminate the popping or misfire. That was due to too much timing in a certain load/rpm combo.

That TNT program was better and more refined than any of the betas. Of course now with the revo, you can select your own choices for TM and timing and what not and basically build your own Beta... the feel of your own choices will not be exactly like the betas... simply because so much refinement has gone on since. Its like the difference between round steak and filet mignon.

But, once you go, you can't go back. That is largely due to the dodge flash updates.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:20 PM

Awesome guys, prob wont opt for the pod yet, but would like to try the TNT again, guess I'll have to sacrifice the good ol days of the betas. Marco is a genius in the fact that the betas ran so well from the start... I trust he always has had something better. On to the next question:

Ive read of a couple isuues on the download manager for Windows 7, have anyone had any problems recently getting the TNT online and getting it on the computer, or unzipped properly? How about any issues with the Smarty USB program? Id hate to go through any issues like that, I just dont have the time I used to
Old 09-04-2013, 10:00 PM

I haven't downloaded anything in a while. I had to upgrade my old computer. I can't remember if the last update was on the old computer or my new one.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
If it ain't broke...
Old 09-05-2013, 09:12 PM

Well madhat after being this way on mods for a few years now, I have the itch to change things up, but Im nervous about it not being what i hope, and Im getting a new house built, so Im just not wanting to spend money for awhile...changing programming is easy but not being able to go back to what I originally loved, not so easy lol
Old 09-07-2013, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently went with UDC, & had Coffmans Customs write the tunes for me. All I can say now is I wonder why I waited so long to do it. Almost NO bottom end smoke, more power than TNT, & less WOT smoke to boot. Starting on the towing tune on Mon.